Vampire earth anyone?

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RolandTHTG

Vampire earth anyone?

Post by RolandTHTG » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 am

First of all, I tried the search engine, to see if it's been brought up before, but couldn't find anything.

The series is called 'The Vampire Earth', first book is 'Way of the wolf'. Author E.E. Knight. The setting is sort of a PAW, but add vampires and weird aliens called the 'Kur'. It has some 'magic'/alien tech, but it fits in fine with the setting.

Anyway, I've just finished the fourth book of the series and want to let people on this site know about it. I'd guess it would appeal to quite a few people on here.

Some of you may know about it already though. If so, I'd think it would be nice to hear what others think about it.

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Re: Vampire earth anyone?

Post by Keith B » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 am

I've enjoyed the series. The premise is decent, the closest parceled would be Falling Skies. I need to check, but I think I've read to 7 or 8. The books are decently written, don't be expecting The Stand, but it's better than most of the stuff out there for its length and format.
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Stonedog

Post by Stonedog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 am

I enjoy them.

Great entertainment...esp. for me since a lot of it takes place in Kentucky (in the later books) and there is a scene that takes place in my home town where they kill a Kurian and it's reapers!

Joe Ghoul

Post by Joe Ghoul » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 am

I really enjoyed the series, until the last two books. It seems that the author has lost whatever enthusiasm he ever had for this series. Hopefully he either gets it together or at least wraps it up neatly.
Strap on your weapons and reinforce your means of travel.

C'est la (un)vie!

ctbarb
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Day of the Dead

Post by ctbarb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:45 am

I also like this series, I'm only up to #5. A fun read.

Return to “Books”