Experiences with Bravo Company Manufacturing

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Whackpack7

Experiences with Bravo Company Manufacturing

Post by Whackpack7 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm

My summer project is to either get, build, or have someone build for me an AR-15/M4 clone in 5.56x45. I'm a fairly active and avid shooter/hunter and have worked with IDPA and some NRA groups before so I'd like to say I have a reasonable knowledge of firearms and defensive shooting but nothing fancy. I have always wanted an AR, and I've finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and get one. I have talked to my local regular dealers and my friend who is a Class III armorer and we have kicked around ideas ranging from a standard off the shelf gun to having a custom one made to ordering from a high end company. I read through many of the threads here on AR's to get an idea of what others have done. I'm gonna be honest, I don't need that happy 'I built this gun myself feeling', I've been there and built other guns before and so I could care less who built it so long as they know what they are doing and I get a quality weapon.

What I am wondering is if anyone has had a personal experience with BCM or their representatives and what you think of their quality, weapons, pricing, and customer service. The specific models I am considering are the EAG Tactical Carbine http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/specific ... ctical.php and the M4 MOD2 http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/specific ... 4_mod2.php

Input is appreciated.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Experiences with Bravo Company Manufacturing

Post by phil_in_cs » Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Whackpack7 wrote: you think of their quality, weapons, pricing, and customer service.
Input is appreciated.
excellent, not sure what you mean, excellent, superior. I have one of the basic mid length uppers, with a BCM bolt carrier group and a gunfighter charging handle.

as a weapon? It is a rifle that works reliably. It puts holes where I expect them to be.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Whackpack7

Post by Whackpack7 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:00 pm

I suppose by pricing I was referring to value or bang for your buck. I could have worded it better sorry. From your experiences would you suggest using bits and pieces such as an upper or lower, or straight up purchasing a ready made weapon?

BigBossMan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (original and remake), Sean of the Dead, 28 Days

Post by BigBossMan » Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
Whackpack7 wrote: you think of their quality, weapons, pricing, and customer service.
Input is appreciated.
excellent, not sure what you mean, excellent, superior. I have one of the basic mid length uppers, with a BCM bolt carrier group and a gunfighter charging handle.

as a weapon? It is a rifle that works reliably. It puts holes where I expect them to be.
I'm running a mid-length upper, charging handle and bolt carrier group from them as well. I love it. Whatever you do, don't skimp on the bolt & carrier group and make sure you get one that is MPI tested.
-BBM

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 pm

I've ordered from them probably 8-10 times for various parts, and every single order has been perfect. Fast, accurate, and well packaged... All of the products I've received have been top notch as far as quality.

I recently moved and messed up my new address ZIP. They called me in person because they caught the error, and shipped it out.

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 pm

My first experience with them made me a customer for life.

When I built my first lower, I lost the rear takedown pin spring. On my second order, I asked them if I could buy one separately and they sent it for free.

Sure, it was probably a 10 cent part, but they didn't ask questions or charge me. Awesome CS, great prices and fast shipping. Everything you'd want in a company.

I recommend building one yourself. Pliers, a hammer and a nail are all you really need to assemble a lower and it's stupid easy.
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 am

Love them. I have their 20" upper on my Rock River lower, and it's top notch. Accurate, reliable, great finish, great product period. It's my go-to gun.
Shipping was fast, great customer service, and they threw in some stickers and a snazzy hat. :)
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Regulator » Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 am

I'm running a BCM M-4 profile upper with BCM BCG on an Umbrella Corp lower. Works great, I'd do it again. As others said, the customer service is outstanding too. When you build your own you can get exactly what you want the first time.

leatherface_y2k

Post by leatherface_y2k » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 am

I've never read a negative report / review of BCM. Only thing "might" be a delay in availability of parts. Not their fault. Just the way the market is these days. All AR-type manufacturers and parts houses can barely keep up with demand. My next M4-gery will be a build and I already have my eye a BCM rifle-length upper.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 am

I've ordered different things from them over the last year or so, and have always had what I ordered shipped by the next day. Everything has arrived as ordered. Quality is top notch, service is top notch. Price for what you get is pretty damn good too. It's also worth waiting for what you want to be in stock. Get on the mailing list if you have an upper etc that you want that they are out of, it will send you a notice when in stock. I'd put their phone # in your phone and call right then when you get the notice, or if you have a web browser on your phone, bookmark that sucker so you can get it. Stuff goes fast.

FWIW on the whole building your rifle thing: it ain't building, it's putting together. It is stupid easy for the most part, and you can even save a few hundred just buying an upper, a bolt carrier group, and a complete lower. That's less pieces than when you field strip the damn thing. Don't get caught up in the 'building', think of it as assembling. There's no friggin welding or cutting, it's putting together a fairly simple device. There's gotta be about a million youtube vids on how to make it happen, and saving a few hundred = 1k rounds of ammo that you can get right away. Use the search function here and look for Arch's thread on the subject.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 am

BCM FTW!
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 am

Whackpack7 wrote: From your experiences would you suggest using bits and pieces such as an upper or lower, or straight up purchasing a ready made weapon?
I don't know how to build up an AR from parts, and honestly don't care to learn. From BCM I bought a "complete upper", which means everything is assembled, but there is no rear sight, no furniture, no bolt carrier, and no charging handle. I got all of those from BCM and since those are the parts you take apart to clean the rifle, I can put them together.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 am

Whackpack7 wrote:From your experiences would you suggest using bits and pieces such as an upper or lower, or straight up purchasing a ready made weapon?
I've built a lot of AR-15s from scratch. I would strongly suggest it if you are serious about your guns. All the guns that I consider possible for defensive uses I know how to strip all the way down and rebuild. I feel that if you put an AR or any other gun together from scratch you'll gain insights in to how it functions and will have an intimate knowledge of how it functions.

The tools necessary to complete the task are very affordable. What's nice about the AR is that you can buy the gun a little at a time and build it slowly which is much easier on the bank account.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Wed May 09, 2012 9:31 am

They are my go-to supplier for most AR-15 parts.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Whackpack7

Post by Whackpack7 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks everyone for the input and if you haven't commented yet, keep them coming. Since I posted I have called around and talked to some LEOs in my neighborhood and members of my Army ROTC unit and everyone has said they are bar none one of the best around. I am certain that I will be ordering from BCM at this point as soon as my local FFL makes contact.

Vicarious_Lee
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

I have bought stuff from them, and that stuff was reasonably priced, worked, well, and the order went fine. I'm with Phil about getting a complete upper. The rest of the gun is both easy to build and also doesn't require any specialized tools.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

They're terrible. I would never trust my life to a BCM rifle or anything with BCM parts in it. If I were you I'd stick with Olympic or DPMS. I put 100 rounds flawless rounds through my Oly rifle but ymmv
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
Whackpack7 wrote: From your experiences would you suggest using bits and pieces such as an upper or lower, or straight up purchasing a ready made weapon?
I don't know how to build up an AR from parts, and honestly don't care to learn. From BCM I bought a "complete upper", which means everything is assembled, but there is no rear sight, no furniture, no bolt carrier, and no charging handle. I got all of those from BCM and since those are the parts you take apart to clean the rifle, I can put them together.
It takes only one actual "specialty" tool to assemble an upper. Sometimes it's enough of a PITA to not do it. I buy complete uppers, myself, and I -have- access to every AR tool you could want.

Whackpack7, it's a pretty simple process, honestly. The bigger decision on whether or not to buy a complete rifle or buy parts is as follows:

1) Get price of the complete rifle you want
2) Price out the total cost of parts to assemble the same rifle
3) It -will- be cheaper to assemble your own, however after finding that price, you need to decide "Is it worth more to save the money, or is it worth more to have a warranty?"

If you want to build your own and now want to decide upon building your upper or buying a complete upper... the process is the same, except you replace warranty with the risk of installing your barrel and muzzle device right, and all that. It's not hard at all, and arfcom (and other places) have excellent, detailed, clear, and illustrated step by step guides on doing so.

Personally, I fall half-way. I don't bother assembling uppers, but I don't buy complete rifles. YMMV

400 Grains

Post by 400 Grains » Thu May 10, 2012 6:22 am

Unorthodox wrote:They're terrible. I would never trust my life to a BCM rifle or anything with BCM parts in it. If I were you I'd stick with Olympic or DPMS. I put 100 rounds flawless rounds through my Oly rifle but ymmv
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 am

Had my first experience with 'em last week. Ordered placed Thursday AM. It was delivered the next day. 24 hours tops. :shock:
I've NEVER had shipping that damn fast, unless I've specifically paid for overnight and rush processing. I didn't get a hat, but I got about four thousand BCM stickers. :lol:
If this level of CS is the norm from them, they've got a customer for life.

400 Grains

Post by 400 Grains » Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 am

OP, rather than buying one of the completed rifles, think about buying their complete lower and then picking an upper from their large selection. I think you can save some money by installing any other accessories you need yourself.

And definitely pick one of their midlength uppers.

wguy00

Post by wguy00 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I've got a BCM blemished upper and a Gunfighter charging handle. This is sitting on a PSA lower with PSA parts kit, a DD BCG, and a PSA barrel. Both BCM parts work for me. Their shipping time is outrageously fast.

I'm also in the build your own group. I chose to build my own complete rifle so I would be much more familiar with the inner workings of my rifle. It only takes a couple hours and you don't need many specialty parts. As far as specialty, maybe just an armorer's wrench. Other than that, I used a hammer, a couple punches, pliers, blue loctite and some tape. I did need a specialty wrench to install my Troy/Vtac hand guard, but that was included in the purchase of the hand guard.
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
-Douglas Adams

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Thu May 10, 2012 1:06 pm

BCM makes some of the best ARs out there right now.

AR15Tac

Post by AR15Tac » Thu May 10, 2012 2:42 pm

BCM is without a doubt one of the top companies in the industry for both quality and customer service. Can't go wrong with them.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”