Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

lokifz1
Favorite Zombie Movies: Must have Alice in it.

Re: Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Post by lokifz1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

ZomBosox wrote:This is Shey. My PSA Mid-length 5.56 AR
No rear sight?
Beretta accept no substitute.

Black

Post by Black » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 pm

This is my Colt Commando clone. I like to keep my firearms as simple and light weight as possible - no fancy gadgets for me.
I have the Magpul trigger guard on there to allow my gloves to fit in the winter time.
I do have a scope I'll throw on there when I put the silencer on, but this is it in it's typical configuration.

Here's my girlfriend sending some suppressed 5.56 downrange:

http://youtu.be/CzqA711wYzs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Black wrote:This is my Colt Commando clone. I like to keep my firearms as simple and light weight as possible - no fancy gadgets for me.
"Simple & light" would be a DD rear sight on a flat-top, or an A1/C7 upper receiver:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ZomBosox
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the dead, and Shaun of the dead. Life without humor is like living life as a Zombie!

Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Post by ZomBosox » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:03 pm

lokifz1 wrote:
ZomBosox wrote:This is Shey. My PSA Mid-length 5.56 AR
No rear sight?
yeah that was just after build. I was waiting for my MBUS rear sight. It has it now and I am trying to figure out what eotech I want at the moment.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nl30cb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not.'
-Robert F. Kennedy

Black

Post by Black » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 am

RickOShea wrote:
Black wrote:This is my Colt Commando clone. I like to keep my firearms as simple and light weight as possible - no fancy gadgets for me.
"Simple & light" would be a DD rear sight on a flat-top, or an A1/C7 upper receiver:
Happier? I could always glue a couple toothpicks on there to replace the front and rear sights :lol:.
I actually prefer the carrying handle sight over the LMT. Just my cup 'o tea. You can look down the beveled portion of the carrying handle in relation to the front sight for CQB - just takes some practice and muscle memory.
Maybe 'light weight as possible' wasn't the correct term :gonk: No need for a 'my rifle is lighter than yours' argument. I'm not here to compete for any awards. It needs some weight in the back or the silencer makes it too front-heavy and unbalanced. Unfortunately I cannot use an A1 receiver as I do throw a scope on from time to time.

Last edited by Black on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 am

I liked the carry handle better.

Jsimmonsgr

Post by Jsimmonsgr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:41 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 0070_n.jpg

Top AR-15 is mine, 20" heavy barrel 5.56 cal, YHM free float 12" quad rail, YHM flip front sight, YHM Phantom Break, cheap bipod ( been replaced), CAA hk style stubby VFG, DPMS PSG style pistol grip, and a CAA modular stock, the optic is a 2-7x25 that was upgraded to a Millet DMS-1 1-4x30. Bottom is my wifes 16" M-4 5.56 cal, YHM Phantom break, stock FSB with dual rail adapter, cheap light I picked up at a gunshow, stock handguards with a rail adapter, MOE VFG, Ergo pistol grip, Stock has a CAA side saddle and a grenade launching recoil pad, The optic is a Bushnell ACOG knock of red dot. Both guns are running PMag 20s, and have trigger pulls of 4 pounds.
Sorry about the link I still am trying to learn to post photos.
J.
Gunsmith

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 am

UndeadInfidel wrote:I liked the carry handle better.
I liked that A1-style detachable carry handle Nim posted about a while back.....Slim & trim.

Pic thread:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

skrillas

Post by skrillas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:24 am

After looking at all these awesome guns, I am supremely jealous. Of course I can never own any of them unless I move out of California. :x But here's a pic of my very first gun, a shotgun. not much to look at but I'm happy with it. Image
I'm torn between getting a pistol or the ruger 10/22 as my next purchase though.

my pies are piff
Favorite Zombie Movies: Left 4 Head

Post by my pies are piff » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:45 pm

finally got all the parts on the FS2000. Now all i have to do is go zero the eotech and I'll have a rifle for HD/SHTF

CipherNameRaVeN
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 am

skrillas wrote:After looking at all these awesome guns, I am supremely jealous. Of course I can never own any of them unless I move out of California. :x But here's a pic of my very first gun, a shotgun. not much to look at but I'm happy with it. Image
I'm torn between getting a pistol or the ruger 10/22 as my next purchase though.
Actually, that set up is awesome!
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Just got my Sig 522, it's actually my first rifle... :D

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 pm

nill wrote: Image
I have this beauty in my cabin. Inherited from my father. It is technically illegal, since i never bothered to register it as mine after he died, but it happened to be in his cabin which i legally inherited. Luckily in Finland no one cares as long as i wont try to sell it. Like every second gun is illegal anyway in here.
M/27. Exact same weapon which was used in Winter War in World War 2. Improved version of Mosin Nagant M/91 with shorter barrel, improved triggering mechanism and new foresight guards...
That is a great pic of your M27.

My M39 wishes she had a pine forest to explore. Today she is just relaxing at home.

- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Removed the DD CAR 7 EZ rail and installed a MOE handguard.
Much better now.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

kbi
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD 2004 , Land of the dead , The resident evil movie's

Post by kbi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:08 pm

God I love adoption center's

Quote: dr doofenshmirtz Perry the Platypus what the hell!

Unobtainium

Post by Unobtainium » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 pm

My experimental home-made slip on suppressor (Making and using suppressors is totally legal in NZ - PSA - do not try this in the US or Canada) made out of pvc piping of various sizes. Is quiet(ish) without anything to absorb gases, although no-where near as quiet as my shop bought suppressors. Next time I'm at the range I will try some steel wool in the bottom chamber and see how that works at silencing the gases from the mighty .22.

Had the gas guns out for a cleaning session, so it only seemed fair to snap a family photo.
NEA 15 14.5"
RRA ATH mid-length 18"
Norinco m305
Norinco SKS

One day I'll dig all the enfields and mausers out of the back for a few photos too.

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Unobtainium wrote:My experimental home-made slip on suppressor (Making and using suppressors is totally legal in NZ - PSA - do not try this in the US or Canada) made out of pvc piping of various sizes. Is quiet(ish) without anything to absorb gases, although no-where near as quiet as my shop bought suppressors. Next time I'm at the range I will try some steel wool in the bottom chamber and see how that works at silencing the gases from the mighty .22.
Very cool! Oh how I wish to be able to screw around with homemade suppressor designs without requiring an SOT or a Form 1 for every idea... :(
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

ShaneP

Post by ShaneP » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 am

I got my new parts installed on the AK...All the mods didn't happen today but this started out as a MAK-90 with a thumb-hole stock... I'm pretty sure i'm done with this gun now-------- Ace folding light weight stock with internal receiver block, Tapco G2 trigger, Midwest industries MI-AK-X rail with ML2 top cover with Aimpoint PRO (patrol Rifle optic) allowing lower 1/3 co-witness with irons, AK-47 Muzzle break, Magpul AFG2(angled foregrip), Streamlight Super Tac-X, Hogue pistol grip, Mako extended magazine release and a one point sling...
I was a highway man along the coach roads i did ride, with sword and pistol by my side many of young men lost there marbles to my trade, and many a soldiers lost there blood upon my blade. The bastards hung me in the spring of 25 but im still alive. ~~ The highwaymen ~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1bHaUk1CM

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:21 pm

What the fuck people?!?! :x
PistolPete wrote:Much like the Hot or Not thread in the General section, this is one devoted for rifles and shotguns. To remind you of the rules this for posting pictures of guns you own. Only. Pictures. No discussion please.

On Topic-

jermzy
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of Them

Post by jermzy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

I have been really wanting to get one of these for a long time, But they always were out of my price range. Got this one used for a great deal. Its a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm. Came with the optic and sling. Now All I need is the Beretta pistol to go with it. lol

-Jeremy

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 pm

ZomBosox wrote:You said plus one and agreed with undeadinfidel but he has infidel in his name, which you proclaim you and him are against? I'm confused
There's a difference between being something that stands for the lack of belief or alignment, and claiming to be something based on beliefs (exclusive vs inclusive). You should look up the term "infidel" and you'd probably realize it's a blanket label placed on anyone that falls outside of a certain group. Besides, the screen name is more of a joke than anything.

I've never claimed to be a "crusader" nor do I affiliate myself with those types of beliefs. Neither that, nor has religion had any impact on my service or the decisions I made while I was in the service. I agree entirely with TDW586, but for the sake of the forum rules, I'm leaving it at that.

OT:

Unobtainium

Post by Unobtainium » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:04 am

I said I'd post a few pics of some of my classics, so here goes:

1921 Lithgow, 1945 Ishapore, and 1915 BSA

Longbranch, Savage, Longbranch, Fazakerly

My post-war BRNO after stripping back and re-finishing

My BCD K98, and my 8mm Portuguese Mauser

I don't have pics of my No5 or No8 enfields handy, will have to take a couple of shots at some stage and post em up.

Alpha-17
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Afterlife
28 Weeks Later

Post by Alpha-17 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Wow, did somebody delete my last few pictures? What a shame, guess I won't post up my SSDD SCAR H pic...

These will have to do. (Yes, I'll admit, I still play with stickers).

THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN TACTICAL GEAR WON'T SAVE YOUR LIFE...... BUT, HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH SURVIVING IN STYLE?

7.62 NATO/.308 Fanboy

Kpd9891

Post by Kpd9891 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:13 pm

The start of my collection, 2 months in the making.

Starting from the left, Remington 870, Mosin Nagant, Remington 7400, and a JC Higgins 22

Bought the 7400 and Higgins for 250$, the 7400 is in remarkably nice condition and shoots very nice (just took it shooting today). The Higgins is also very nice as well, the iron sights on it are spot on and was plinking crap all day.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”