WTF Rifle of the Month *Open to all kinds of guns now*

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

WTF Rifle of the Month *Open to all kinds of guns now*

Post by Czechnology » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =164775155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.308 Saiga with a 1919 bbl and Valmet furniture.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

AZMedic

Re: WTF Rifle of the Month

Post by AZMedic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Ummm that is interesting.
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.
ZS Arizona Chapter 18: Officer

Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878 I was a warrior.
Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
I honestly thought you were around 45 + :lol:
He's crotchety enough.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

put a Galil hand guard on there and it might actually look like something the russians made...otherwise wtf?

AZMedic

Post by AZMedic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I kinda thought Firefly?
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.

Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
He's crotchety enough.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 pm

AZMedic wrote:I kinda thought Firefly?
Fallout.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

AZMedic

Post by AZMedic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Czechnology wrote:
AZMedic wrote:I kinda thought Firefly?
Fallout.
Ok I can see that more now. The stock confused me.
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.

Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
He's crotchety enough.

user name

Post by user name » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

That thing is....is... I don't know what that is. At first I thought it was a Saiga 12 with an RPK buttstock.

Here's one I saw a few days ago which kind of boggled my mind:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =165559067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Badger24
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Post by Badger24 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Looks like some kind of POTA gun.

vyadmirer
Favorite Zombie Movies: ??????

Post by vyadmirer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 pm

user name wrote:That thing is....is... I don't know what that is. At first I thought it was a Saiga 12 with an RPK buttstock.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =165559067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some people like the tactical AK look. However, nobody likes that fail gun up there. :lol:
I took the consolation prize in Ranter's free CFP-90 thread. He sent me a pack he wouldn't sell (it was a little dusty) for shipping only. Great guy!

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Is that an HK diopter sight? I think that's kind of sexy, in a "when worlds collide" kind of way.
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

vyadmirer
Favorite Zombie Movies: ??????

Post by vyadmirer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm

phalanx wrote:Is that an HK diopter sight? I think that's kind of sexy, in a "when worlds collide" kind of way.
except it's installed on the dust cover which is a horrible place for a sight. It's not stable nor solid enough for a sight. Plus, every time you clean it, it will need to be re-zeroed.
I took the consolation prize in Ranter's free CFP-90 thread. He sent me a pack he wouldn't sell (it was a little dusty) for shipping only. Great guy!

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 pm

vyadmirer wrote:
phalanx wrote:Is that an HK diopter sight? I think that's kind of sexy, in a "when worlds collide" kind of way.
except it's installed on the dust cover which is a horrible place for a sight. It's not stable nor solid enough for a sight. Plus, every time you clean it, it will need to be re-zeroed.
Okay, riddle me this, if the sight was designed for the .308 round then could it still function for x39? Would the difference in ballistics be enough to make the sight useless at 400 yards, even if they were "close enough" at 100?
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 pm

phalanx wrote:
vyadmirer wrote:
Okay, riddle me this, if the sight was designed for the .308 round then could it still function for x39? Would the difference in ballistics be enough to make the sight useless at 400 yards, even if they were "close enough" at 100?

there is SO many variables. the angle of the barrel ( keep in mind barrels are not mounted parallel to sights, they are at a slight incline), the rear sight itself. and a lot more. keep in mind adjustable sights basicaly INCREASE or DECREASE the angle of the barrel to the sights. sights have an over all limit on travel. the point where the sights wont move any more in either up or down direction.

308 shoots flatter than x39. if optimally adjusted (read professionally done), i imagine this rifle could function minute of man out to 300. would EASILY be on target at 100. i fear this is more of a drunk "betcha i can!" build than a pro job
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

mikezq8ss
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead... if it has "of the Dead" in it I'm game.

Post by mikezq8ss » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I couldn't put my finger on what I thought about it... I looked at it for several minutes trying to figure out exactly what my feelings were and I just couldn't quite grasp it so I went on to read the replies...
Czechnology wrote: Fallout.
+1

And because of that I now like it :lol:
Vicarious_Lee wrote:James, you really have outdone yourself by finding a legitimate way to send the ATF a picture of a nutsack. :lol:

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I love the Valmet wood stock/grip, and you'd fucking need it when you've got a LMG barrel on the other end. It just winds up looking like a fucked up, suppressed G3. I don't like the slapped on sights, and it's got to feel weird having all that weight hanging off a little stamped receiver.

Crazy Wolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Crazy Wolf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 pm

I feel like I should scrounge up the cash to buy this, just so I know how to make use of a bunch of different broken firearms in any PAW.
Nim's text key: SARCASM, WTF R U DOIN, Nice, I like, Inane statement
The phrase "surgical strike" might be more acceptable if it were common to perform surgery with high explosives. (G. Carlin)
ImageImage

Cpt. MelonBuster

Post by Cpt. MelonBuster » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm

vyadmirer wrote:
user name wrote:That thing is....is... I don't know what that is. At first I thought it was a Saiga 12 with an RPK buttstock.

Some people like the tactical AK look. However, nobody likes that fail gun up there. :lol:
Maybe its wrong of me....but I kind of like it. Except that stupid HK rear sight...

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 pm

I wonder if he came out of his mom stupid or if he had to work at it. That AK looks like shit. Not mentioning the rear sight... :shudders:
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:
phalanx wrote:
vyadmirer wrote:

there is SO many variables. the angle of the barrel ( keep in mind barrels are not mounted parallel to sights, they are at a slight incline), the rear sight itself. and a lot more. keep in mind adjustable sights basicaly INCREASE or DECREASE the angle of the barrel to the sights. sights have an over all limit on travel. the point where the sights wont move any more in either up or down direction.

308 shoots flatter than x39. if optimally adjusted (read professionally done), i imagine this rifle could function minute of man out to 300. would EASILY be on target at 100. i fear this is more of a drunk "betcha i can!" build than a pro job
Gotcha. And yeah, those welds look terrible.
nimdabew wrote:I wonder if he came out of his mom stupid or if he had to work at it. That AK looks like shit. Not mentioning the rear sight... :shudders:
Aw come on, I give the owner points for originality. I can honestly say I have never seen that before, the fact that it's for a good reason is beside the point.

Clarity edit.
Last edited by phalanx on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Driftertank
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Driftertank » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:36 am

I really like the HK diopters....but as pointed out, they are poorly implemented and poorly thought out in that case.

Tac forearms and VFG's are kinda....wrong.....on AK's.
Call me old fashioned, but I like big bullets. If you're gonna shoot, hit quickly, hit accurately, and hit hard.

Istvan56
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead & Night of the Living Dead

Post by Istvan56 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 am

Uh, how does that underfolder close with the VFG there? On the old Romanian AKM's with wooden foregrips the stock folded up around the grip like pictured here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ldier.JPEG

There is always a reason folks sell these monstrosities despite how much they say they love them. They shoot like crap! :P

Bender711

Post by Bender711 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 am

Bastard child of a sagia 12, vss vintorez and an RPK.

Panzershreke
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (Both the original & remake)
28 Days/Weeks Later
Shaun of the Dead
I am Legend

Post by Panzershreke » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 am

Think it will take down a super mutant?
Shadowsbane wrote: I thought I felt a disturbance in the force. Like a million mall ninja piggy banks crying out in anguish, and then....silence.

AZMedic

Post by AZMedic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 am

Panzershreke wrote:Think it will take down a super mutant?
With enough ammo yes. Or my gas from the bacon explosion yes.
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.

Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
He's crotchety enough.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”