All purpose "Help me build my AR" thread.

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: All purpose "Help me build my AR" thread.

Post by moab » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Stupid AR10 question. What's the heavy mount on the barrel for? Seems like they all have this. Is this to compensate for something? Or just a coincidence?

https://gun.deals/product/windham-weapo ... -rnd-black

I picked up the DPMS AR AP4 with chromelined barrel this summer for $375. Wish I had picked up their AR10 for $575 at the same time! Damn it.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:16 pm

moab wrote:Stupid AR10 question. What's the heavy mount on the barrel for? Seems like they all have this. Is this to compensate for something? Or just a coincidence?
Are you referring to the railed gas block? If so, they put it at the same height as the receiver so that you can mount same-plane fixed or flip-up iron sights.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

moab

Post by moab » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 pm

RickOShea wrote:
moab wrote:Stupid AR10 question. What's the heavy mount on the barrel for? Seems like they all have this. Is this to compensate for something? Or just a coincidence?
Are you referring to the railed gas block? If so, they put it at the same height as the receiver so that you can mount same-plane fixed or flip-up iron sights.

Thanks Rickoshea. (Hey I just got that. Clever. lol) I used the AR in the Corps. Was a Perfect marksman. Probably shot that rifle more than any rifle. But it's been decades. And I'm an AK guy. I build my own stuff. But I have not kept up on or had any interest in AR's at all. So thanks for the explanation. I sincerely appreciate it.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RYANINMICHIGAN

Post by RYANINMICHIGAN » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

moab wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Thanks Rickoshea. (Hey I just got that. Clever. lol) I used the AR in the Corps. Was a Perfect marksman. Probably shot that rifle more than any rifle. But it's been decades. And I'm an AK guy. I build my own stuff. But I have not kept up on or had any interest in AR's at all. So thanks for the explanation. I sincerely appreciate it.
Let's talk some about home built AKs. I am an AR builder but always wanted to build an AK

moab

Post by moab » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm

RYANINMICHIGAN wrote:
moab wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Let's talk some about home built AKs. I am an AR builder but always wanted to build an AK
Probably best to take that over to a new thread or the All Purpose AK Thread. I'll leave that up to you. But I can answer any of your questions. I've built several and own an AK parts company.

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

What is the ZS hive minds' thoughts on parkerized barrels? Are they good, just ok, shit, etc? FOund a smoking cheap deal on a full AR kit to build but I can't find much on parkerized barrels and their reputation.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Bearcat wrote:What is the ZS hive minds' thoughts on parkerized barrels? Are they good, just ok, shit, etc? FOund a smoking cheap deal on a full AR kit to build but I can't find much on parkerized barrels and their reputation.
Better barrels aren't cheap, no matter what coating is on the outside. Its the metal and the quality of the rifling/bore. Smokin' cheap IMO means 'who cares'. Its not about the quality.

Price
Quality
Speed

You can pick only two.

Parkerizing is commonly used on firearms as a more effective alternative to bluing.

If it says the bore is chrome-lined then it should last for thousands of rounds so you're golden. If not then its an inexpensive yet durable coating likely on an extremely cheap barrel.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Good point.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm

What should I upgrade first on this rifle? It's got a chrome lined barrel. But are there any weak points on this rifle that should be upgraded? I was also looking at spring sets. Should those be replaced with something better? If so from where? I haven't shot an AR since the early 80's in the Marine Corps. I picked this up last summer for $375 new. They're like $675 now. So I figure I can afford a few upgrades. I did buy a USMC rear metal site. Will it fit on this? I can't tell if the carrying handle and the rear site come off as one. I don't have the rifle with me at the moment.

The Panther AP4 comes in an A3 style with detachable carry handle. It features a 4140 chrome moly steel barrel, phosphated 8620 steel bolt carrier, and a heat treated and plated, phosphated steel bolt. This carbine length rifle includes a Glacier Guards oval handguard, and an aluminum delta ring. It also includes a dust cover, shell deflector, round forward assist and right hand ejection. It has an aluminum trigger guard, magazine release button, and a standard AR15 trigger group.

Action Semi-Automatic
Caliber 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
Barrel Length 16"
Capacity 30+1
Trigger Standard
Safety Lever
OAL 32.5"-36.5"
Weight 7.15 lbs
Stock Description 6-Position Black
Metal Finish Black
Muzzle A2 Flash Hider
Receiver Material 7075 T6 Aluminum
Sights A2 Front, Detachable Rear
Barrel Description 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Chrome-Lined AP4 Contour
Twist 1:9"
Barrel Length Range 16.00" to 17.99"
Weight Range 6.00 lbs to 7.99 lbs
Hand Right
Stock Finish Group Synthetic
Metal Finish Group Blued/Black

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 pm

1. Add a sling. [a good one, not the factory 2 point] remove that rear sling swivel and use that slot instead to attach it.

2. The trigger guard. Those straight factory guards are sharp on the edges. Other than that, I'd really take my time doing anything to a gun I paid $375. Plus you can easily spend that much in tools, blocks, vises, torque wrenches and drivers to do proper upgrade work.

3. If you want to ad a VFG, you'll need to add the adapter to that handguard to accept it. Or get a handguard that accepts VFGs or rails to add VFGs but the adapter is cheap. <$9 IIRC, I can remove those handguards without a tool, [just elbo grease] but many need that tool to do it.

4. Lots more mags.

5. rig to hold the mags.

When you find yourself getting serious about ARs, then, spend money up front and/or build to suit. A good trigger group would cost 2/3 of what you paid for the gun but forget springs, get the whole trigger group. But I wouldn't invest much into that gun. Slings, mags, ammo, accessories can all be used again when you go to a better one. But you'll find you'll be tricking out multiple rifles and will be rebuying stuff over and over and trying knew stuff. It's addictive.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:1. Add a sling. [a good one, not the factory 2 point] remove that rear sling swivel and use that slot instead to attach it.

I've got tons of slings. Will do that for sure. But what slings do you recommend?

2. The trigger guard. Those straight factory guards are sharp on the edges. Other than that, I'd really take my time doing anything to a gun I paid $375. Plus you can easily spend that much in tools, blocks, vises, torque wrenches and drivers to do proper upgrade work.

Will do on the trigger guard. I had not noticed that. I can see clearly in the pic how sharp it is. I think I would like one of those enlarged ones too for using gloves. What is your recommendation for a larger trigger guard like that? I don't intend to invest a lot in AR tooling. I'm an AK guy. I build and sell AK's. This AR is just for fun and backup gun.

3. If you want to ad a VFG, you'll need to add the adapter to that handguard to accept it. Or get a handguard that accepts VFGs or rails to add VFGs but the adapter is cheap. <$9 IIRC, I can remove those handguards without a tool, [just elbo grease] but many need that tool to do it.

Good point. I do want a different hg on there with rails for a VFG and possibly a light mount. Any recommendations on HG's with rails?

4. Lots more mags.

Good point. What mags do you recommend?

5. rig to hold the mags.

Agreed. If I'm going to run it I need another rig for 5.56 vs 7.62.

When you find yourself getting serious about ARs, then, spend money up front and/or build to suit. A good trigger group would cost 2/3 of what you paid for the gun but forget springs, get the whole trigger group. But I wouldn't invest much into that gun. Slings, mags, ammo, accessories can all be used again when you go to a better one. But you'll find you'll be tricking out multiple rifles and will be rebuying stuff over and over and trying knew stuff. It's addictive.
That's what I figured. Which was why I was really only looking at replacement spring sets. To have as backup or to upgrade with. I hear you about the trigger group. I use ALG's in my AK's. I don't know if they make an AR version. But those only run $50 or so. Is there an economy trigger group that can be trusted? What would you recommend?

Thank you for your time, Mac. I greatly appreciate it. The last AR I fired was an M16A3 with 3 round burst. lol. We're talking early 80's. It's been awhile.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm

moab, This is my .02 for your $375 AR. OMMV. That gun is a budget gun so you really should keep it that way and shoot the 5#!+ out of it and have fun, spend the money on ammo to feed it.

In order:

Sling: 2 point, and quick adjusting, so just a pull can tighten it across your chest and another pull can loosen it to shooting length. Padded on one half. There are a few from different manufacturers that are in the same price range $50-60 that are fine. There are really good ones that cost 2/3 the price of your gun. You may already have an AK one that does all of the above, use that if you do.

Trigger guard: Polymer. I don't know any that are oversized for gloves [assuming you mean winter gloves] but any standard curved and ergo polymer trigger guard will work with mechanix or other shooting gloves. You're going to need a punch to change that. I've cut my fingers on those factory ones enough that that is one of the first things I change.

Mags: 'Merikan made, with anti tilt followers. STANAG Steel, aluminum or polymer. I never saw the need for the ones with windows, I usually know my shot count, and they usually cost more. Battle test mags with different ammo, be sure of your equipment, separate tested from untested until they are tested. I've only ever had an issue with Steel H&K mags, and it was a tolerance and seating issue. Basically I was so used to the amount of pressure to seat my other mags [polymer and aluminum] that when I used the exact same pressure it wasn't enough. Lesson learned, hit the H&K mags hard to seat them. New and used mags can work poorly, test everyone of them.

Handguard/VFG: Ask me again after you've shot 500 rnds, not from a bench, and without a VFG. Functionally that handguard is fine for that rifle, so just adding the adapter and VFG to it would only set you back $34. [I do prefer the VFGs without the internal bipods.] If you do decide to change the handguard you may need to buy a handguard tool in addition to a handguard, and all you'd really be doing is changing the aesthetics.

TriggerGroup: Forget it, I wouldn't put a trigger group in that gun. And as far as just springs, without an upgraded hammer and connector you probably will waste your time. Also that gun probably already has a $50 trigger group [economy] so why change it. In the AR world an 'economy' trigger group is just your basic item, you upgrade to increase speed, precision or to get a 2 stage, and the prices jump an order of magnitude from economy to your first level upgrade. I'd see if you can get some 4-5 moa groups using those iron sites. If you can you don't need a trigger. [assuming you are skilled enough for 4-5 moa of course :lol: ] If you are and you can't, it still may not be the trigger and I wouldn't upgrade to find out, I'd just say, "hey I only paid $375 for it."

If you feel the need for back up parts get another bolt and firing pin. [Just a complete bolt, not the BCG.] But then get a set of go no go gauges to make sure its good for your gun.

Personally:
All I'd do to that gun is I'd put a Magpul trigger guard, a VTAC sling, and add the best optic to that rifle I could in the $250 or less range and call it a day. If you can pull <3 moa groups from a bench with a decent optic, then it may be worth upgrading the other stuff. But if you can do that and you like the AR platform, then throw that gun in your trunk and start building a custom one with everything you've ever read about AR's here on ZS and said 'niiiice'. [actually I wouldn't put an optic on it but you should for more fun.]

Sling $45
TG $14
10 mags $80.
Done!

Another aside on Mags since you're new to AR's: You'll have fun trying out different mags to see what you like, I'd even buy used or surplus at gunshows to start. If they have the green follower you can change them to grey or tan [anti tilt] or don't. [I've never had an issue and have both] They now have a blue one for M855 ammo that I want to get to test but haven't yet. Just get more mags, test them at the range and if they work well in your gun with the ammo you're using, keep them, if they don't fix them or sell them. You can buy springs and followers and floorplates but for used mags its easier to sell poor functioning ones and then buy another batch of used, to find good ones. Sometimes the issue is the feed lips though. Or buy quality new ones. A good price for new mags is <$11, and for used is <$10 with anti tilt, <$9 without. You probably have to buy in bulk to get those prices.

If you build AK's then its exactly the same with AR's only better, read the forums to see the cool stuff you can do, then do it. You've now completed the budget AR part of your new AR LIFE :)

moab

Post by moab » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:moab, This is my .02 for your $375 AR. OMMV. That gun is a budget gun so you really should keep it that way and shoot the 5#!+ out of it and have fun, spend the money on ammo to feed it.

In order:

Sling: 2 point, and quick adjusting, so just a pull can tighten it across your chest and another pull can loosen it to shooting length. Padded on one half. There are a few from different manufacturers that are in the same price range $50-60 that are fine. There are really good ones that cost 2/3 the price of your gun. You may already have an AK one that does all of the above, use that if you do.

Trigger guard: Polymer. I don't know any that are oversized for gloves [assuming you mean winter gloves] but any standard curved and ergo polymer trigger guard will work with mechanix or other shooting gloves. You're going to need a punch to change that. I've cut my fingers on those factory ones enough that that is one of the first things I change.

Mags: 'Merikan made, with anti tilt followers. STANAG Steel, aluminum or polymer. I never saw the need for the ones with windows, I usually know my shot count, and they usually cost more. Battle test mags with different ammo, be sure of your equipment, separate tested from untested until they are tested. I've only ever had an issue with Steel H&K mags, and it was a tolerance and seating issue. Basically I was so used to the amount of pressure to seat my other mags [polymer and aluminum] that when I used the exact same pressure it wasn't enough. Lesson learned, hit the H&K mags hard to seat them. New and used mags can work poorly, test everyone of them.

Handguard/VFG: Ask me again after you've shot 500 rnds, not from a bench, and without a VFG. Functionally that handguard is fine for that rifle, so just adding the adapter and VFG to it would only set you back $34. [I do prefer the VFGs without the internal bipods.] If you do decide to change the handguard you may need to buy a handguard tool in addition to a handguard, and all you'd really be doing is changing the aesthetics.

TriggerGroup: Forget it, I wouldn't put a trigger group in that gun. And as far as just springs, without an upgraded hammer and connector you probably will waste your time. Also that gun probably already has a $50 trigger group [economy] so why change it. In the AR world an 'economy' trigger group is just your basic item, you upgrade to increase speed, precision or to get a 2 stage, and the prices jump an order of magnitude from economy to your first level upgrade. I'd see if you can get some 4-5 moa groups using those iron sites. If you can you don't need a trigger. [assuming you are skilled enough for 4-5 moa of course :lol: ] If you are and you can't, it still may not be the trigger and I wouldn't upgrade to find out, I'd just say, "hey I only paid $375 for it."

If you feel the need for back up parts get another bolt and firing pin. [Just a complete bolt, not the BCG.] But then get a set of go no go gauges to make sure its good for your gun.

Personally:
All I'd do to that gun is I'd put a Magpul trigger guard, a VTAC sling, and add the best optic to that rifle I could in the $250 or less range and call it a day. If you can pull <3 moa groups from a bench with a decent optic, then it may be worth upgrading the other stuff. But if you can do that and you like the AR platform, then throw that gun in your trunk and start building a custom one with everything you've ever read about AR's here on ZS and said 'niiiice'. [actually I wouldn't put an optic on it but you should for more fun.]

Sling $45
TG $14
10 mags $80.
Done!

Another aside on Mags since you're new to AR's: You'll have fun trying out different mags to see what you like, I'd even buy used or surplus at gunshows to start. If they have the green follower you can change them to grey or tan [anti tilt] or don't. [I've never had an issue and have both] They now have a blue one for M855 ammo that I want to get to test but haven't yet. Just get more mags, test them at the range and if they work well in your gun with the ammo you're using, keep them, if they don't fix them or sell them. You can buy springs and followers and floorplates but for used mags its easier to sell poor functioning ones and then buy another batch of used, to find good ones. Sometimes the issue is the feed lips though. Or buy quality new ones. A good price for new mags is <$11, and for used is <$10 with anti tilt, <$9 without. You probably have to buy in bulk to get those prices.

If you build AK's then its exactly the same with AR's only better, read the forums to see the cool stuff you can do, then do it. You've now completed the budget AR part of your new AR LIFE :)
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Sound advice. And much appreciated. I shot a perfect score with the M16 out to 500 meters. And have been shooting since I was 5 yrs old. So all of your advice kind of falls in line with that. It's a budget gun. And that's all I wanted. Except the Chrome Lined barrel. That was a must for me. I just got lucky at that price range. Cause it's the only one I saw with a chrome barrel during the sell off last summer.

And your list of exact items was what I needed. I'll literally use that as a shopping list. Thank you again.

I have far better AK's. Meaning higher quality in the AK world than this AR in the AR world. I've got three custom tactical builds going right now. That will afford me everything I need in the semi auto mag fed rifle category. But for bugging out I wanted at least one AR in 5.56 to take advantage of the easy access to that ammo.

As far as accuracy goes. I will probably add a Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot. I have one on my top end upcoming AK. HAve not shot it yet. But I have a hard time spending more than half the worth of my rifle on optics. I'm good with irons anyway. But a red dot seems a must in today's tactical world.

Lastly, will this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KAC-Knights-Ar ... 0011.m1850

Work as a rear site? I bought it on a whim. Partly as a good deal. And partly out of nostalgia for the corps. lol.

Thanks again bud. Sincerely appreciate all your help today!

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm

moab wrote:
Lastly, will this:

Work as a rear site? I bought it on a whim. Partly as a good deal. And partly out of nostalgia for the corps. lol.

It looks like it will match up to your A2 front sight. If you already bought it just test it. KAC is in my neck of the woods, Florida, and I have a KAC build planned for the distant future, 762 NATO. My brother in law's half brother worked there for a time. They're about 5 minutes from my BIL's house, Couple hours from mine.

One other thing, you may have to get a riser for that dot site to co-witness or 1/3 co-witness etc that front A2.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Moab, also checkout the Huskey Slider slings, well worth the money...

https://industryarmament.com/collection ... ling-fixed

https://industryarmament.com/collection ... ixed-sling

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:58 pm

So, does anyone have any recommended TTPs, "life hacks" whatever you want to call it for getting the dang roll pins in when building a lower?

Especially the one on the bolt catch. I've got the whole lower built but I seem to have gotten that roll pin jammed. Not sure if it's because the catch itself was out of position and I tried to brute force the pin with a hammer, or if it's the combination of a low cost (Anderson) lower with a budget lower build kit.

(This is my fifth lower build since 2004. I can't recall having this much trouble with the roll pins, even on my first one (DoubleStar upper and build kit on Stag lower, FWIW.)
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
moab wrote:
Lastly, will this:

It looks like it will match up to your A2 front sight. If you already bought it just test it. KAC is in my neck of the woods, Florida, and I have a KAC build planned for the distant future, 762 NATO. My brother in law's half brother worked there for a time. They're about 5 minutes from my BIL's house, Couple hours from mine.

One other thing, you may have to get a riser for that dot site to co-witness or 1/3 co-witness etc that front A2.
Mac - Can you recommend a non magpul hg set that will fit this rifle and has rails? I'd like to mount the vfg and a light.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Langenator wrote:So, does anyone have any recommended TTPs, "life hacks" whatever you want to call it for getting the dang roll pins in when building a lower?

Especially the one on the bolt catch. I've got the whole lower built but I seem to have gotten that roll pin jammed. Not sure if it's because the catch itself was out of position and I tried to brute force the pin with a hammer, or if it's the combination of a low cost (Anderson) lower with a budget lower build kit.

(This is my fifth lower build since 2004. I can't recall having this much trouble with the roll pins, even on my first one (DoubleStar upper and build kit on Stag lower, FWIW.)
Not a life hack but a statement: I've noticed some brands hang out on the large side of a tolerance while others are on the small side. If I can help it, I buy the LPK to match the brand of lower. Anderson parts and Anderson receiver are the easiest for budget builds.

I have used this method for some AR stuff though:
1. Put receiver on back porch on hot summer day.
2. Put pins in freezer.
3. Coat in oil, the slipperiest you can find.
4. Wrap punches/tools in balloons/rags/rubber bands or gloves to prevent marring if you need to beat the shit out of it (not recommended)
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Langenator wrote:So, does anyone have any recommended TTPs, "life hacks" whatever you want to call it for getting the dang roll pins in when building a lower?

Knipex pliers and a set of old hemostats (or needle nose pliers and a friend/third hand).

One of many readons I much prefer billet receiver sets...screw-in catch pin, no fiddly little e-clip for the port door rod, etc.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 pm

RickOShea, thanks for the link! Been searching high and low for months for in stock ARES slings!

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:35 am

moab wrote:
Mac - Can you recommend a non magpul hg set that will fit this rifle and has rails? I'd like to mount the vfg and a light.
Sorry there are no polymer handguards that I know of that will fit that delta ring setup that come with rails. [doesn't mean there aren't any I just don't know] I think there are aluminum ones but don't know of were/what to buy. A quick websearch and I see a few but can't recommend. http://mygunculture.com/how-to-install- ... elta-ring/

You can add a picatinnay rail section to the top and bottom vents on the HG you have. On the Magpul HG there are many slots to add rail section accessories at any angle and position. But if you're just going to add the VFG, I'd keep the HG you have and add that little accessories pictured.

This one is an example but you need one that is angled to match the taper on the HG if you're going to mount a VFG.
91Eunozs wrote:

One of many readons I much prefer billet receiver sets...screw-in catch pin, no fiddly little e-clip for the port door rod, etc.
+1 for hate'n on the e clips.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am

Holy expensive gizmo batman!!

91, do you have the set of 3 sizes or is there one size that works for all build pin scenarios? what size is that? "there can be only one" in my gun budget.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:57 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:Holy expensive gizmo batman!!

91, do you have the set of 3 sizes or is there one size that works for all build pin scenarios? what size is that? "there can be only one" in my gun budget.
I just have the one... Basically the 7” version, but I bought mine several years ago in Germany for €30 or so, and it’s in mm. You can get it for ~$49 on Amazon, (ninja edit) and at Home Depot for ~$47, but I know they sell them at Sears, Grainger and other places too.

Very handy tool...basically a hand-held miniature vise. Smooth jaws are great for tightening polished/plated bolts that you don’t want to mar the finish on too.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”