Armalite VS Del-ton?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Re: Armalite VS Del-ton?

Post by Stercutus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 am

woodsghost wrote:So what I'm hearing is Radom, Norinco, CZ, Kalashnikov, and Cugir are still good? Cool.
Well nope...

26. Norinco for Arms Smuggling to US Street gangs
27. CZ Cuz USPSA hates them too
28. Kalashnikov because the AK47 is "the preferred weapon of your enemy"
29. Cugir because of Goring
30. Radom because of More Nazis (although the junior employees mostly get a pass for all the resistance smuggling)
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 am

Stercutus wrote:
woodsghost wrote:So what I'm hearing is Radom, Norinco, CZ, Kalashnikov, and Cugir are still good? Cool.
Well nope...

26. Norinco for Arms Smuggling to US Street gangs
27. CZ Cuz USPSA hates them too
28. Kalashnikov because the AK47 is "the preferred weapon of your enemy"
29. Cugir because of Goring
30. Radom because of More Nazis (although the junior employees mostly get a pass for all the resistance smuggling)
Somebody is taking all the fun out of life, though I personally don't have issues with most of the above.

Is Windham and FN still ok? I assume Franklin Armory is ok?

And dammit Bill Ruger is dead. They get a pass!

:)

And if by "Goring" you mean Hermann Goring well, he is dead too. The only thing I have against Romania is the quality of their orphanages.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

There is so much hate in my safes....how about BCM, LMT, Cimarron/Uberti, Kimber, STI, and Walther? :ohdear:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:31 pm

RickOShea wrote:There is so much hate in my safes....how about BCM, LMT, Cimarron/Uberti, Kimber, STI, and Walther? :ohdear:
No doubt about it. All you guys need to send me your guns All that evil and hate. Think of it as a religious quest to saaaaaaaaaaaaaaave your souls. Just send them all to the Flybynight church for gun redemption of the shining moon . I'll put a link up later
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:05 pm

flybynight wrote:
JF89 wrote:
maybe good for commies.
Ha... Said it before. It could have been made in Lenin's basement. Autographed by Stalin . As soon as it comes into my possession it became a freedom rifle.
We let me explain ot like this, When I think of an Ar15 I think of Murica and ACDC,CCR,Metallica..you know something real American and badass then when I think of AKs these come to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIV-QdPEx-Q

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:15 pm

JF89 wrote:
We let me explain ot like this, When I think of an Ar15 I think of Murica and ACDC,CCR,Metallica..you know something real American and badass then when I think of AKs these come to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIV-QdPEx-Q

AC/DC is Australian :mrgreen:
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

JF89

Post by JF89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:22 pm

:clap:
yossarian wrote:
JF89 wrote:

AC/DC is Australian :mrgreen:
You are right, I'm not really a fan of them so I dont really care though. I was using some rock as an example of just how badass the AR is...moving past the nitpicking AKs are the right arm of potato drinking Commies and the AR is the right arm of the actual freeworld.(The Fal claims this title but the AR owns it)

moab

Post by moab » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Stercutus wrote:
moab wrote:"23. Savage because of exploding rifles"

Please don't tell me this is true? Which ones?
Well which is it? I'll let the media tell you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nters.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/05/us ... laims.html
Well. It wasn't like a recall or a massive number of rifles. It was an older muzzleloader. Primed by it's owner. So who knows what amount of powder was in it. Did they lose the lawsuit?

Not trying to be a skeptic here. I've just never heard this about their non muzzleloader rifles. I've wanted a Savage in 30-.06 for awhile now. Thanks for the info.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm

moab wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

Well. It wasn't like a recall or a massive number of rifles. It was an older muzzleloader. Primed by it's owner. So who knows what amount of powder was in it. Did they lose the lawsuit?

Not trying to be a skeptic here. I've just never heard this about their non muzzleloader rifles. I've wanted a Savage in 30-.06 for awhile now. Thanks for the info.
Actually that is the fourth lawsuit for the same gun. The other three settled out of court.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/ ... e_arm.html
31. Windham for once being Bushmaster
32. FN WOW, here the listed reasons for hate are near endless. From selling guns to terrorists to not selling them to NATO allies or civilians for political reasons.
33. Franklin Armory - From California? Where they can't even sell the rifles they make? Enough said.

Look I will save you guys some time.

There is only one answer.

The one true gun maker.

All the others are posers.

Check out this training video with the US Army's newest deep infiltration Detachment Delta getting some range time with their weapons:

https://youtu.be/JbMdPStxD10
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

JF89

Post by JF89 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Stercutus wrote:
moab wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

Actually that is the fourth lawsuit for the same gun. The other three settled out of court.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/ ... e_arm.html
31. Windham for once being Bushmaster
32. FN WOW, here the listed reasons for hate are near endless. From selling guns to terrorists to not selling them to NATO allies or civilians for political reasons.
33. Franklin Armory - From California? Where they can't even sell the rifles they make? Enough said.

Look I will save you guys some time.

There is only one answer.

The one true gun maker.

All the others are posers.

Check out this training video with the US Army's newest deep infiltration Detachment Delta getting some range time with their weapons:

https://youtu.be/JbMdPStxD10
Noveske is starting to become more of A "life style" swag brand instead of a hard use fighting firearm brand. Thier stuff is getting over priced(except thier barrels wich are priced accordingly). I have thought about doing a Noveske build since they have decent quality(that has taken a hit the last few years) parts and are made here in Oregon not far from where I live.I wish they would bring back gen 2 lowers though for those of us who dislike all the billet cool guy crap.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 pm

I think the only answer to this dilemma is to only buy firearms from certain time periods before the manufacturers committed their dastardly deeds , since we know it's not what you say or do, or even how you say it. It's how it's perceived by those who witness it. :?:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

moab

Post by moab » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Maybe we make a list of those companies we would do business with? How about that? A little positivity?! LOL.

I don't begrudge Windham taking over for Bushmaster. Bushmaster got bought and moved operations from what I understand. Don't make as nice a product as they did before. And left all the employees high and dry. So someone started Windham in the same area or facility. And employed all the same people that were making Bushmaster back when they were a solid option. Unless someone has heard otherwise. And please correct me if I'm wrong here. I think they may be on the good company list.

I also don't mind that Savage failed with their muzzleloaders. Muzzleloaders are just a small part of what they make. and I have not heard anything bad about their centerfire rifles. I wish I had bought the 111 in 30-.06 a couple months ago for $350. With an accutrigger and scope. Not sure if that sale is over or not. It was at CDNN.

Now don't get me started on AK's again. That market is a shit show. Literally. About the only ones I would trust are Atlantics house brand High Standard, Arsenal (even with their latest issues. Sounds like all are getting sent in and taken care of though.) and dare I say it the CAI WASR. The last has to be inspected which is why I recommend you buying one from Atlantic as they only sell WASR's that have been inspected by them. Probably the best deal anywhere is the Atlantic Firearms barreled receivers. They've got an almost complete rifle with a chromelined barrel for $499. You add your own funiture and FCG and recoil spring. If I was buying something TODAY. I'd buy one of those. They also have higher end new stock polish builds that are barrelled receivers for a bit more in the 500 and something range. Again you just add furniture and fcg/recoil spring and your good to go. Most guys want their own furniture and fcg anyway. So it's a good deal. I don't know of any builders that can match that price and quality. And I have not heard one negative thing about them.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 pm

I love the story of Windham and I think they make a great product. I wanna say the old president of Bushmaster who got canned is the one who bought the facilities back and rehired his old workforce.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 pm

The list of companies to "hate" is a bit stretched. Some of those are legit issues. About half I toss out the window. They were put there to have something to say :)

Windham is good.

The current AK market makes me sad. The AR market is crazy. Buy a CZ?

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

moab

Post by moab » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm

woodsghost wrote:The list of companies to "hate" is a bit stretched. Some of those are legit issues. About half I toss out the window. They were put there to have something to say :)

Windham is good.

Not sure what you mean by the AR market being crazy. Crazy cheap? Yes. If I were to invest in new guns I would buy AR's. The prices are incredible. But even an Arsenal AK would be a good investment too. Maybe the only AK besides a Krebs or something. But then your talking two grand.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 pm

moab wrote:
woodsghost wrote:The list of companies to "hate" is a bit stretched. Some of those are legit issues. About half I toss out the window. They were put there to have something to say :)

Windham is good.

Not sure what you mean by the AR market being crazy. Crazy cheap? Yes. If I were to invest in new guns I would buy AR's. The prices are incredible. But even an Arsenal AK would be a good investment too. Maybe the only AK besides a Krebs or something. But then your talking two grand.
Crazy cheap, and I have concerns about a lot of the metallurgy. I have a lot of concern over MIM parts and ... somebody recently mentioned making sure if you buy/build a cheap AR, make sure to buy a quality bolt, and maybe quality bolt carrier. So I'm staring lustfully at these cheap ARs but I'm also full of caution.

If I knew someone was serious about preparedness I might mention the WASR with a non-MIM FCG or a similar priced "AK needing furniture & FCG". The right metallurgy is important. But I know AR parts, even quality parts, have got rather cheap compared to the rest of the firarms world. I keep looking at those $400 ARs in 7.62x39 and trying to find an excuse my wife will accept to let me buy one.

So I'm of two minds and just think the AR world is nurry now.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 pm

moab wrote:
Not sure what you mean by the AR market being crazy. Crazy cheap? Yes. If I were to invest in new guns I would buy AR's. The prices are incredible.
The AR market looks like a snake eating it's own tail right now. Companies invested huge amounts to meet demands from the past several years and everyone and their cousin started a new AR company. Now the market is saturated and the consumers aren't in a panic. I simply can't believe that prices are plummeting and quality isn't.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”