Armalite VS Del-ton?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Armalite VS Del-ton?

Post by moab » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Which one is better and by how much? Looking at their AR10's?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: Armalite VS Del-ton?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Smith & Wesson.

I don't have an AR10, but a couple years ago armalite was the one to get. But Delton always makes decent stuff. I have heard mixed reviews about the DPMS g2, but I think people just hate it because it's Remington.

But YouTube tells me that S&W is the best.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 pm

For budget minded folks(like myself) I like the Aero Precision M5E1 and S&W, I personally will not buy any more Armalite stuff(Ive owned both an AR15 and AR10 made by them) due to some bad politics on thier behalf and I find them over priced. I would also avoid PSAs AR10 variant. How much are you looking to spend? That'll determine what your best option is.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:52 pm

JF89 wrote:For budget minded folks(like myself) I like the Aero Precision M5E1 and S&W, I personally will not buy any more Armalite stuff(Ive owned both an AR15 and AR10 made by them) due to some bad politics on thier behalf and I find them over priced. I would also avoid PSAs AR10 variant. How much are you looking to spend? That'll determine what your best option is.
I'm really looking for a low end AR10. Delton was what I was seriously looking at over the DPMS. But then this Armalite popped up. Can you tell me more about the quality of the Armalite and the political stuff they did?

Don't worry I won't buy anything from PSA. Ever.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:03 pm

moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:For budget minded folks(like myself) I like the Aero Precision M5E1 and S&W, I personally will not buy any more Armalite stuff(Ive owned both an AR15 and AR10 made by them) due to some bad politics on thier behalf and I find them over priced. I would also avoid PSAs AR10 variant. How much are you looking to spend? That'll determine what your best option is.
I'm really looking for a low end AR10. Delton was what I was seriously looking at over the DPMS. But then this Armalite popped up. Can you tell me more about the quality of the Armalite and the political stuff they did?

Don't worry I won't buy anything from PSA. Ever.
Well first of all Aero Precision beats Armalite in everyway possible outside of the NM model but even then you can upgrade the AP with the saved cash. Aero Precision can also be bought in pieces as your budget allows. on a side note get a Larue MBT 2 stage trigger if this rifle is for precision, its made out of forged steel and on par with Geiselle in most ways but only cost $99-125. Give me a bit and I will post up the political stuff and thier QC was ok but my BCG was not staked and I had ejection issues at first...I would take Del Ton or DPMS before Armalite by far and use the rest for parts. All this being said imo you should go with the M5e1. My bad for the spelling im using a phone and drunk off my ass on Jameson and OJ.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

stupid question...but how do I post links?

moab

Post by moab » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 pm

JF89 wrote:stupid question...but how do I post links?
When your at the page you want to share. Copy the address in the top white thin window. (Usually if you click on the address once it becomes highlighted. And then you can just copy it by going to the browser menu, right clicking and selecting copy or using the keyboard - control-v) Then paste it here. Like http://www.google.com Or however long it is. some of them can be very long.

Easiest is to click the address once so it highlights. Then right clicking and selecting copy. Then just paste it here.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Why no PSA AR10?

I was looking at them and they are pretty affordable and I love my PSA AR15 stuff...

On a side note, I have never heard complains about anything Aero Precision so I would assume their AR10 is top notch for the money as well...
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:Why no PSA AR10?

I was looking at them and they are pretty affordable and I love my PSA AR15 stuff...

On a side note, I have never heard complains about anything Aero Precision so I would assume their AR10 is top notch for the money as well...
a lot of compatibilty issues and I dont like thier CS enough to deal with thier BS. I like thier AR15s (minus the BCG) though.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Heres a few things Armalite has done that I didnt care for:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... tate-leos/

theres more including various discussions on other forums if you would like more.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Neat.

No politics.

On topic: You can find lightly used S&W M&P-10s for a little over $1000. I know that's not cheap, but the thing has gotten largely very positive reviews. And I love mine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 pm

JF89 wrote:Heres a few things Armalite has done that I didnt care for:

theres more including various discussions on other forums if you would like more.
I need to make a list of gun companies that I need to stay mad at...

1. Springfield Armory and their lobby scandal
2. Rock River Arms and the same issue
3. Ruger and the AWB with Bill Ruger magazine stuff
4. S&W because of the gun locks
5. Colt because they can't pay bills and don't make Pythons anymore
6. HK because they hate civilians and only car about .gov contracts
7. Remington because Freedom Group and trigger fun
8. Marlin because of Freedom Group
9. Bushmaster because of Freedom Group
10. Troy because of some guy they hired that was a Ruby Ridge sniper or something
11. Armalite because they sell to LEOs in ban states
12. Radical because they stalk reviewers
13. Winchester and Browning because they ain't 'Merican no more
14. Glock because Gaston is a Nazi
15. Sarsilmaz, Canik, Girsan, Tisas, and any other Turkish gun because terrorists
16. Beretta because they cheated in the 80's pistol trials
17. SIG because they cheated in the XM17 pistol trials and drop issues
18. HiPoint because they are ugly and people call them "glock-forty-problem-solvers"
19. IMI, IWI, Magnum Research... because Israel
20. Ithaca because they polluted a river with lead
21. Century arms because they hire primates with hammers for gunsmiths (animal abuse?)

I think that may have covered it. And I'm not being a smart ass, that's a list of gun companies that many people hate

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Moab, I was scrolling through gun.deals and they have some decent rifles on there. I honestly thought the Smith was cheaper though.

They have a Diamondback DB10 rifle that is supposed to get great reviews (I might risk it when I get an AR10) regardless of their DB9 debacle.

But the PSA one is $700!!!! I might risk it for that one too.....

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:

10. Troy because of some guy they hired that was a Ruby Ridge sniper or something
15. Sarsilmaz, Canik, Girsan, Tisas, and any other Turkish gun because terrorists
18. HiPoint because they are ugly and people call them "glock-forty-problem-solvers"
21. Century arms because they hire primates with hammers for gunsmiths (animal abuse?)

I think that may have covered it. And I'm not being a smart ass, that's a list of gun companies that many people hate
Makes sense, I have forgiven Colt but forget Troy ,Armalite and Bushmaster. Dont get me started on Sig ive owned 6 p320s and am down to one left to sell.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:21 am

I don't trust PSA. After following their AK47 scandal the last year. I just don't want to do business with them. I mean they're still selling terrible AK47's. And not telling anyone how bad they are. Not that they should. But they really are screwing people over on AK's. And their CS is non existent. I get the draw it's so cheap. But there are so many companies making TERRIBLE AK's it's incredible. Between CAI and IO they've saturated the market with cheap AK's that FAIL all the time. Like blow up in your face fail. From shitty metallurgy to shitty put together parts. It's dangerous. But few know unless they do their research. PSA has no business making AK's if you've seen pics of their internals. And they don't care about their customers.

Windham Weaponry is good. They are the old Bushmaster facility in New England. Same employees and I think the same building and maybe machines - just a different name. Don't quote me on all of that. Other than the old employees were hired to work for Windham Weaponry. And they had great sales on their AR's last summer. A few pop up from time to time on gun-deals. I troll that place, all day, like a cheap hooker, Jeepercreeper. ;)

I do disagree with firearms companies not selling to ban states. It's not the gun owners or the LEO's fault. And the majority of that gun owning public or LEO are usually the last vestige of gun rights supporters in those states with bans.

I live in CA. But am moving shortly. One reason is this states seriously stupid gun laws. It's basically a gun ban. Disguised as gun legislation. But CA is like the biggest market in the US and even compared to various countries around the world. I say sell as many guns to CA as you can. And take some of those proceeds to fight legislation. Help the gun owners - the ones buying your products. Don't penalize them. LEO especially. Stepping off my soapbox now...

I wonder if anyone's ever put together a list of AR manufacturers based loosely on quality. I know it's subjective. But we at least know Fedarm isn't (plug your favorite high end AR manufacturer here.). There are literally so many companies I have not even tried to research and find out which are which. It's next to impossible. You can punch in any AR company and get any number of reviews. From oh my AR is the best, I've ran 300 rounds thru it without a glitch. To I run 3 gun and this AR is the worst. So you never quite know. And I don't have 5 weeks to sort it all out. lol.

I wish AKOU would start AROU. They sort of have with a couple AR's IIRC. We really need a rough testing in the AR world like AKOU does in the AK world. It's an incredible service to have that kind of info.

So wouldn't the Armalite be WAY better than the Delton? Or just similar? The Armalites like $725 or thereabouts. The Del ton is $675? Not much of a price difference. I really like that floating handguard on the Delton. But I'm still hung up on that Armalite. lol.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 am

moab wrote:A few pop up from time to time on gun-deals. I troll that place, all day, like a cheap hooker, Jeepercreeper. ;)
....well it looks like we've been eyeing up the same lady, eskimo-brother... I troll with my lines out more than my bank account can afford on that site... always taking my money...

Go DelTon... they have the nicest Milspec triggers. Or go with that cheap DPMS since they are kinda the standard.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:16 am

moab wrote:I don't trust PSA. After following their AK47 scandal the last year. I just don't want to do business with them. I mean they're still selling terrible AK47's. And not telling anyone how bad they are. Not that they should. But they really are screwing people over on AK's. And their CS is non existent. I get the draw it's so cheap. But there are so many companies making TERRIBLE AK's it's incredible. Between CAI and IO they've saturated the market with cheap AK's that FAIL all the time. Like blow up in your face fail. From shitty metallurgy to shitty put together parts. It's dangerous. But few know unless they do their research. PSA has no business making AK's if you've seen pics of their internals. And they don't care about their customers.

Windham Weaponry is good. They are the old Bushmaster facility in New England. Same employees and I think the same building and maybe machines - just a different name. Don't quote me on all of that. Other than the old employees were hired to work for Windham Weaponry. And they had great sales on their AR's last summer. A few pop up from time to time on gun-deals. I troll that place, all day, like a cheap hooker, Jeepercreeper. ;)

I do disagree with firearms companies not selling to ban states. It's not the gun owners or the LEO's fault. And the majority of that gun owning public or LEO are usually the last vestige of gun rights supporters in those states with bans.

I live in CA. But am moving shortly. One reason is this states seriously stupid gun laws. It's basically a gun ban. Disguised as gun legislation. But CA is like the biggest market in the US and even compared to various countries around the world. I say sell as many guns to CA as you can. And take some of those proceeds to fight legislation. Help the gun owners - the ones buying your products. Don't penalize them. LEO especially. Stepping off my soapbox now...

I wonder if anyone's ever put together a list of AR manufacturers based loosely on quality. I know it's subjective. But we at least know Fedarm isn't (plug your favorite high end AR manufacturer here.). There are literally so many companies I have not even tried to research and find out which are which. It's next to impossible. You can punch in any AR company and get any number of reviews. From oh my AR is the best, I've ran 300 rounds thru it without a glitch. To I run 3 gun and this AR is the worst. So you never quite know. And I don't have 5 weeks to sort it all out. lol.

I wish AKOU would start AROU. They sort of have with a couple AR's IIRC. We really need a rough testing in the AR world like AKOU does in the AK world. It's an incredible service to have that kind of info.

So wouldn't the Armalite be WAY better than the Delton? Or just similar? The Armalites like $725 or thereabouts. The Del ton is $675? Not much of a price difference. I really like that floating handguard on the Delton. But I'm still hung up on that Armalite. lol.
Delton>Armalite

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:43 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:

Excuse me sir, but you left out:

22. Mossberg because https://www.ubersite.com/m/128523 and let's not forget microchips
23. Savage because of exploding rifles
24. Taurus for guns that go off by themselves and Birmann - Labao love triangle

And those are just the companies that I know about... I bet there are more.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

moab

Post by moab » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:13 pm

"23. Savage because of exploding rifles"

Please don't tell me this is true? Which ones?

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 pm

24. Taurus for guns that go off by themselves and Birmann - Labao love triangle
I thought Taurus because
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 am

So what I'm hearing is Radom, Norinco, CZ, Kalashnikov, and Cugir are still good? Cool.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 am

woodsghost wrote:So what I'm hearing is Radom, Norinco, CZ, Kalashnikov, and Cugir are still good? Cool.
maybe good for commies.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:57 am

JF89 wrote:
woodsghost wrote:So what I'm hearing is Radom, Norinco, CZ, Kalashnikov, and Cugir are still good? Cool.
maybe good for commies.
Ha... Said it before. It could have been made in Lenin's basement. Autographed by Stalin . As soon as it comes into my possession it became a freedom rifle.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 am

moab wrote:"23. Savage because of exploding rifles"

Please don't tell me this is true? Which ones?
Well which is it? I'll let the media tell you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nters.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/05/us ... laims.html
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”