AR10 Questions.

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

brothaman

AR10 Questions.

Post by brothaman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:14 am

If I remember correctly, the DPMS format shares more parts with the AR15, correct? Also, can anyone link me to a list of common parts or a good breakdown of what's what with a DPMS AR10? My googlefu is failing me.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: AR10 Questions.

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 am

Most .223 and .308 AR's can share things like buffer tubes & end plates, FCG's & trigger guards, gas blocks & gas tubes, magazine release & safety/selector switches. Some pistol grips will have a gap at the top, rear on a .308 lower (not sure if they still do on the Gen 2's). Some other small parts like the detents, roll pins, bolt catch plunger & buffer retainer are also compatible.

I have an LMT 308 MWS and a FrankenAR 308 I built using a Gen 1 DPMS lower & upper, but I have no experience with the DPMS Gen 2's.....so I don't know if they have further commonality.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

moab

Re: AR10 Questions.

Post by moab » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:50 pm

You might check out the Del-ton AR10 too. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying the DPMS AR10 last summer for $575!
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”