No pigeon is safe! New gun Sunday!

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

phydaux

No pigeon is safe! New gun Sunday!

Post by phydaux » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:42 am

Clay pigeon that is. New Beretta A300 Outlander. Gas operated semiautomatic 12 gauge.

28" barrel. Comes with three chokes, cylinder, modified & full. And shims to adjust for cast and comb height. The synthetic also comes with shims to adjust for length of pull, but I like polished wood on my guns.

Came in a box disassembled. It was fully assembled on the shelf at my FLAGS, but the guy disassembled it and put it back in the factory box while he was doing my background check.

First thing I did when I got it home was wipe down all metal parts with a cloth damp with CLP. I then unscrewed the magazine tube cap and removed the magazine plug.

Then I removed the stock and reversed the cast shim, because I'm left handed. I reassembled the stock, magazine tube cap, barrel, forend, and foreend cap. When I mounted the shotgun again I noticed it was MUCH more comfortable for me, like I didn't have to crane my neck as much.

Club near me does Sporting Clays every Saturday. Going next Saturday. I picked up a flat of Federal 12 gauge #8 target loads. A flat is a case of 10 boxes or 25 shells each.

I tell ya, after shooting my 1911 it's NICE how cheap shotgun ammo is. For what I pay for 100 rounds of .45 ACP I'm getting 250 rounds of 12 gauge.

ultra magnus

Re: No pigeon is safe! New gun Sunday!

Post by ultra magnus » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:06 am

Are you paying to much for 45 or getting a steal on 12ga?

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:06 pm

That's a nice looking shotgun.

phydaux

Post by phydaux » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:40 pm

quazi wrote:That's a nice looking shotgun.
Thank you.

It's for sport so I went with a 12 gauge to throw up a big cloud of pellets. If it was a "game getter" then I've have gone 20 gauge so as not to ruin the flesh.

if it were for home defense then I'd have gone with a 18" barrel.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:31 am

Nice!

That's exactly the shotgun we got our son when he began to shoot trap and skeet a couple years ago. I shoot it more than him now though! And ditto on the cost of 12 gauge target loads...cheaper to buy new than reloading.

Nice, reliable gun...and a lot of performance from what a lot of folks consider an entry level gun.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”