Blitzkrieg componets: cheveron front sight post

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Blitzkrieg componets: cheveron front sight post

Post by Rick Shaw » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:23 am

I stumbled on an interesting new ar product.

It's a replacement front sight post that's a ACOG cheveron for better visibility when using iron sights.

I picked one up and will be testing it once it arrives

http://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com

Picture below of what the sight picture would look like

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Blitzkrieg componets: cheveron front sight post

Post by Rick Shaw » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 am

Doing a little reading on reviews already out there on the product, it has pros and cons
If you are into hitting a man sized target at 500 yards with 5.56 and iron sights...this product might not be for you.

If your into quick metal target engagement at under 200 yards with iron sights....this might be the cat's pajamas

Just like everything else, its a tool. Use the right tool for the right job.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Seems like a gimmick to me. One obvious problem for an AR is that chevron makes it impractical to zero the elevation by rotating the front sight post, since the chevron only points in the right direction with a full rotation of the front sight post.

Not that there's anything wrong with trying to improve the technology of iron sights. I just don't fancy that particular approach.

I'm certainly sold on the improvement that fibre-optic front sight provides over the old types of high visibility front sights. New materials are certainly providing new possibilities for the old iron sight game.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 pm

gunsandrockets wrote:Seems like a gimmick to me. One obvious problem for an AR is that chevron makes it impractical to zero the elevation by rotating the front sight post, since the chevron only points in the right direction with a full rotation of the front sight post.

Not that there's anything wrong with trying to improve the technology of iron sights. I just don't fancy that particular approach.

I'm certainly sold on the improvement that fibre-optic front sight provides over the old types of high visibility front sights. New materials are certainly providing new possibilities for the old iron sight game.
The white chevron is on both the front and back
This allows for 1/2 turns
Better than full turns, but not as precise as 1/4 turns

However, its not meant for precision target shooting.
Its more for quick clear target acquisition in high stress situations.
In a real situation an inch high or low in the center mass/ chest area is still a good hit.

I'm excited to give this a try.

T

RevolverOcelot

Post by RevolverOcelot » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:01 pm

I have the luminescent one.

United States Constitution
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Michigan Constitution
Article 1, § 6 Bearing of arms
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:45 am

RevolverOcelot wrote:I have the luminescent one.

I'm thinking about getting the Luminescent model for my 9mm SBR that I keep ready in the house.

DO you like the brightness of it?

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:56 am

I got the Blitzkrieg sight install in my Huldra Piston upper and took it to the range for a sight in and test fire.

That’s 25 rounds at 25 yards in the kneeling rapid fire (1 shoot per second)
So far I’m a fan of the chevron front sight with the white. It’s clear and highly visible compared to the standard post. Its pretty accurate despite only being able to half turn it.

Using the daytime peep sight it works pretty well. It takes a little getting used to as far as focusing on the chevron, but its workable.

If I get the time this week, I’ll try some front sight only shooting to see how well it works in a optic failure situation.

So far, I’m sold on the Blitzkrieg front sight despite the price tag.

RevolverOcelot

Post by RevolverOcelot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:12 pm

I like it. It is nice and bright yellow, and if you give it a good light source, it glows really good. I wanted the tritium dot model with the luminescent chevron but they didn't have them in stock (where I ordered from) at the time.
United States Constitution
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Michigan Constitution
Article 1, § 6 Bearing of arms
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”