Sighting in a .308 rifle...

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Re: Sighting in a .308 rifle...

Post by Neptune Glory » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:11 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Just remember that you absolutely get what you pay for in optics/mounts.
I agree. At the moment, not going to try for super long shots. I would prefer an optic with a glowing reticle, but those are expensive. I did look into the Leupold HAMR as an affix-and-forget option, but the cost and the fact that is was built with .223 rifles in mind gives me pause.

After reading a very good article on scopes for AR style rifles ( http://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=1109 ), I decided to go with either of these recommended models:
- $200 and under: Both Vortex Diamondback and Burris Fullfield make very nicely sorted out 2-7×35 and 3-9×40 scopes. They are very sturdy and have decent reticle. If you are on a budget, these should be at the top of your list.
Hopefully that will work out for the purposes I have in mind. If not, I can look into more expensive glass after I have a bit more experience with the rifle... right now, I'm about about 30 rounds put through it with backup MagPul sights!

Thanks!
-Neptune
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”