Polish Beryl . Archer

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil dead

Polish Beryl . Archer

Post by Vladimir » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 am

Got my polish archer from center fire systems . I had the parts laying around for getting it closer to the polish beryl wich it's a civilian version of . I seldom buy a factory rifle since I build AKs for a hobby . This ones a winner . Before my scope showed up we took it out and were hitting a 4 inch spinner with 100 percent hits at 100 yards . The claims that it's a 1 MOA shooter is quite possible . I went with a skeletonized mount built by warne .save a little weight . Scope I have is the leatherwood hi lux 1 4x24 . It's sheveron for 5.56x45 and. 7.62x39 . They also have a 5.56 specific model but I chose the original form . It's a solid well built scope with the clearest optics I've seen for the price . Compatible to the highest priced scopes . The rifle is quite heavy all dressed up . The polish fore end is very weighty . The poles actualy went to an aluminum style forend probably for this reason . I prefer this one though . I realy have no plan to use the rails for anything I just like the look of the forward grip and can always switch back to the standard forend . The rifle is parkerized and I will probably at some time finish it with a bake on paint finish like gunkote or alumahyde 2 . It's made for 223 and the 5.45 of course but it prefers the 5.56 ight military round as tests by others has proven . I'm using the federal 5.56 M193 NATO round made by Federal . So far I have been able to get it reasonably from my local Cabelas on sale .

Last edited by Vladimir on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Polish Beryl . Archer

Post by Vladimir » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

jeremy1391
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead (old and new)
day of the dead (original)
28 weeks later
land of the dead
diary of the dead (very well done)

Post by jeremy1391 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:12 pm

When you say .223 and 5.45 I'm assuming you actually mean 5.56..... .223 and 5.45 aren't evened similarly sized cases.
the_klenzer wrote:
And finally.... if you are drunk enough, and your buddy dares you...
just tell yourself "if it's good enough for Les Stroud..."

jeremy1391
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead (old and new)
day of the dead (original)
28 weeks later
land of the dead
diary of the dead (very well done)

Post by jeremy1391 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Other than that I do have to say that rifle is a beauty :)
the_klenzer wrote:
And finally.... if you are drunk enough, and your buddy dares you...
just tell yourself "if it's good enough for Les Stroud..."

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Vladimir » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 am

jeremy1391 wrote:When you say .223 and 5.45 I'm assuming you actually mean 5.56..... .223 and 5.45 aren't evened similarly sized cases.
Yup . Edited to fix mistake . I'm just used to owning the 74s it slipped . Thanks

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 pm

My Archer loves the 55 and 62 grain stuff. I tried some 75 grain TAP one time, just for shits-&-giggles, and at 50 yards got around a three inch group, three inches to the left of POA.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Vladimir » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:07 pm

I have only tried the federal 55 grain . Can get a one inch 5 shot group . Anything heavy doesn't work as well . The poles got their rifle right . Goes to prove that an AK type can be accurate . Shoots better than my AR . Just can't use penetrators wich is OK by me for practical purposes . I can pick up the xm193 at my local Cabelas reasonably .

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”