Which Surplus selling would you choose?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Slugg

Which Surplus selling would you choose?

Post by Slugg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 pm

With some Tax return I'm picking up a surplus Mosin and SKS. I'm trying to decide between mostly these 2 sellers. http://www.classicfirearms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.royaltigerimports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. CF seems to have a far better website that gives me a little bit more info on what I'm buying, but RTI has a $200 SKS that I can't find bad info on really. I already have an SKS stock I picked up at a gun show to do some wood finish testing on for a different rifle without fear of ruining something important. So I would go for the broken stock SKS for basically $221 shipped to the door thanks to the C & R. Now the Mosin I'm leaning heavily towards Classic Firearms due to what appears to simply be a better website. I just wish they had the same SKS deal TBH.

Do you think the RTI SKS will have more problems than simply a cracked stock?
The future is for those who prepare.

Das Sheep

Re: Which Surplus selling would you choose?

Post by Das Sheep » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:38 pm

I saw the add for the 199 sks w/ broken stock from them two. I have never heard of Royal Tiger Imports, but if they do good business with you, please let us know because I would like to get one of those SKS's if they do.

Das Sheep

Post by Das Sheep » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:42 pm

On a note Royal Tiger Imports has an F from the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/charlotte/business-r ... -nc-112995

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Das Sheep wrote:On a note Royal Tiger Imports has an F from the BBB.

I did see on the SKS board something about they used to not have customer service by phone and were VERY slow at returning emails. Like 6-12 month wait on an email! Since lat 2013 though, I've seen posts about people talking over the phone to their customer support and I'm wondering if they turned around more or less.

I see a lot of forums clumping AIM, RTI, and Classic together when it comes to "these SKS rifles" So I'm starting to think that they are coming from the same warehouses and importers. Just RTI is also picking up the "Gunsmith specials" and selling them lower than AIM/Classic prices.
The future is for those who prepare.

Das Sheep

Post by Das Sheep » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Slugg wrote:
Das Sheep wrote:On a note Royal Tiger Imports has an F from the BBB.

I did see on the SKS board something about they used to not have customer service by phone and were VERY slow at returning emails. Like 6-12 month wait on an email! Since lat 2013 though, I've seen posts about people talking over the phone to their customer support and I'm wondering if they turned around more or less.

I see a lot of forums clumping AIM, RTI, and Classic together when it comes to "these SKS rifles" So I'm starting to think that they are coming from the same warehouses and importers. Just RTI is also picking up the "Gunsmith specials" and selling them lower than AIM/Classic prices.
Maybe e-mail classic and aim and ask if they can beat RTI's price?

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 pm

I've bought a rifle, two pistols and some ammo from Classic and every sale was good to go. I paid an extra $10 for 'hand selected' CZ82s and they were really nice but I have no idea if they all looked that way. I had one return once on magazines, they sent used instead of new, and they said 'keep em' and shipped me the new ones.
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

Smash05
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Smash05 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Classic arms.
Those who are prepared to help themselves, are prepared to help others.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:19 am

Of the two, Classic for sure. They've been around for quite awhile under the ClassicArms name. I've only had one purchase from them but it was hassle free. They used to do a lot of chrome plated commie guns.

FWIW, as far as the SKS I'd spend the extra money and go with AIM. I've had multiple dealings with them and the guns are always as described or better.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

thrillbilly

Post by thrillbilly » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Ive had nothing but great service when using Classic...I recommend them.

a forum buddy bought two of the royal tiger fixer SKS....he said both were in good shape metal wise...one had repairable stock, one had to have stock replaced. Both were dirty and cosmo covered...but intact and shootable.

I intend on gambling on RT soon...want a type56 SKS for cheap, for a beater gun.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:14 pm

If you can stand to wait more than 2 weeks for the SKS, go with RTI. If you're impatient then go Classic.

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil dead

Post by Vladimir » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:13 am

Definitely classic ,Aim and centerfire are 3 top teir company's to deal with .
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”