Are there any AK-47s for sale at a reasonable price anymore?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TrippyJoey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Land of the Dead

Re: Are there any AK-47s for sale at a reasonable price anym

Post by TrippyJoey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Just saw one near my workplace for around $680 last week
The only good zombie is the one with a hole thru its forehead.

vahtryn

Post by vahtryn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Expect prices to go up here soon again. With an executive order imports are going to stop, same with ammo that's imported from Russia.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 pm

vahtryn wrote:Expect prices to go up here soon again. With an executive order imports are going to stop, same with ammo that's imported from Russia.
Citation?

The only executive orders I've seen recently have been asset seizures and travel bans against individuals within the Russian government and Putin supporters as a result of the Crimea crisis. They've not mentioned anything about stopping imports. Whitehouse.gov executive orders page.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:42 pm

DarkAxel wrote:
vahtryn wrote:Expect prices to go up here soon again. With an executive order imports are going to stop, same with ammo that's imported from Russia.
Citation?

The only executive orders I've seen recently have been asset seizures and travel bans against individuals within the Russian government and Putin supporters as a result of the Crimea crisis. They've not mentioned anything about stopping imports. Whitehouse.gov executive orders page.
From what I heard on NPR, sanctions on other stuff like weapons would be in the hypothetical next round of sanctions, assuming that there is a next round of sanctions. I'd also be curious to see if that includes sporting firearms or if it just applies to helicopters and stuff.

spanningtree
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil

Post by spanningtree » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm

feedthedog wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:
Citation?

From what I heard on NPR, sanctions on other stuff like weapons would be in the hypothetical next round of sanctions, assuming that there is a next round of sanctions. I'd also be curious to see if that includes sporting firearms or if it just applies to helicopters and stuff.
I've been pondering the sanctions a bit too. Say, if those putting the sanctions into place had a bit of an anti-gun stance it might be an easy "win" for them to deny anything perceived as a weapon or ammo. It might be a good time to pick up a Saiga and/or Vepr, maybe.

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:12 pm

spanningtree wrote:
feedthedog wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:
Citation?

I've been pondering the sanctions a bit too. Say, if those putting the sanctions into place had a bit of an anti-gun stance it might be an easy "win" for them to deny anything perceived as a weapon or ammo. It might be a good time to pick up a Saiga and/or Vepr, maybe.
We typically don't swing into political topics, as it's against the rules...

Additionally, I'd venture a guess that any sanctions would have more to do with geopolitical tensions over Crimea rather than US domestic policy.

So let's not get this thread locked.

Vladimir
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil dead

Post by Vladimir » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

MAADI is lower end like the Romanian WASR . Check classic firearms . They have a nice offering
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”