Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

The place to discuss adding firearms to your emergency preparedness plans.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13904
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:06 am

NT2C wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:39 am
raptor wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:17 pm
I just bought 1600 rounds of Federal .22lr 36 grain for $49.99 . With the rebate that works out to $30 or less than $10 per 500 round brick.(Sports Authority)

Yes the black Friday sales are a great time to fill out your inventory.

Everyone is running sales. Check your inventory. It is a good time to replenish it.
Got yours $10 less than I did, but I wore my slippers and sweatpants while doing my shopping.
Bud's has them for $29.99 after rebate.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... nt+1600+Rd

All their black label stuff is dirt cheap:

9mm/ $.13 rd

5.56/ $.22
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7920
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by NT2C » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:42 am

Higher shipping cost though.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 17060
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by raptor » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:28 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:39 am

Got yours $10 less than I did, but I wore my slippers and sweatpants while doing my shopping.
I just walked into the store looking for something else and picked up the sales advertisement and thought for sure they were out. There were 6 boxes left and a lady was there buying all 6 but I reminded her the rebate was good for only 5 boxes and picked up the last box she put back.

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4337
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by teotwaki » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm

for cash and carry in California 8-)

WalMart has these .22 caliber Federal rounds for $19.99 in 40gr copper plated round nose

Image
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Hill Country, Texas

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Anyone have experience with surplus Yugoslavian ammo? Or the ammunition store for that matter...I’ve must have ordered from them in the past at some point to get these ads (unless someone sold my info), but honestly don’t recall.

http://ammunitionstore.com/products/45- ... d-box.html

Don’t really need any more .45 ACP right now, but 50 rounds of brass cased 230 gr ball ammo for under $10 is tough to pass up...I can stack the training supplies seriously deep at that price.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7920
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:38 am

91Eunozs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:54 pm
Anyone have experience with surplus Yugoslavian ammo? Or the ammunition store for that matter...I’ve must have ordered from them in the past at some point to get these ads (unless someone sold my info), but honestly don’t recall.

http://ammunitionstore.com/products/45- ... d-box.html

Don’t really need any more .45 ACP right now, but 50 rounds of brass cased 230 gr ball ammo for under $10 is tough to pass up...I can stack the training supplies seriously deep at that price.
Nice price but it could be corrosive. You'll need to do a proper cleaning after every shooting session with it.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Hill Country, Texas

Re: Feels like it’s time to start stocking the caches...

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:38 am
91Eunozs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:54 pm
Anyone have experience with surplus Yugoslavian ammo? Or the ammunition store for that matter...I’ve must have ordered from them in the past at some point to get these ads (unless someone sold my info), but honestly don’t recall.

http://ammunitionstore.com/products/45- ... d-box.html

Don’t really need any more .45 ACP right now, but 50 rounds of brass cased 230 gr ball ammo for under $10 is tough to pass up...I can stack the training supplies seriously deep at that price.
Nice price but it could be corrosive. You'll need to do a proper cleaning after every shooting session with it.
Great catch... I didn’t look at the specs. 1962 vintage; almost certainly corrosive primers. Not necessarily a problem, but I go through a lot of .45 when out at the ranch, with a fair amount of time (a day or two) before the pistols get really detail stripped and cleaned.

Thanks!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Post Reply

Return to “Initial Firearms Prepping Q&A”