There are No Rules in a Gunfight

The place to discuss adding firearms to your emergency preparedness plans.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: There are No Rules in a Gunfight

Post by moab » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:50 pm
#24 there... my buddy's .357 might disagree with that.
Ya. It's not a perfect list. Some of it is simply for dramatic effect. I think it was Mark Twain that said "Don't let the truth get in the way of good story."? lol.

I think the point is if you have the choice between a .357 and something that starts with a "4". Your better off with the one that starts with a "4". ;)

There's some wisdom in there to though. I like the common sense ones that sometimes escape people. Like "6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.". I also imagine Sam Elliott saying it aloud. In that slow. "Listen to me dumbshit." Way he has about him. LMAO!!! It's also a great conversation starter. Depending on who walks into your office. ;)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 pm

moab wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm
NT2C wrote:
Ya. It's not a perfect list. Some of it is simply for dramatic effect. I think it was Mark Twain that said "Don't let the truth get in the way of good story."? lol.

I think the point is if you have the choice between a .357 and something that starts with a "4". Your better off with the one that starts with a "4". ;)

There's some wisdom in there to though. I like the common sense ones that sometimes escape people. Like "6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.". I also imagine Sam Elliott saying it aloud. In that slow. "Listen to me dumbshit." Way he has about him. LMAO!!! It's also a great conversation starter. Depending on who walks into your office. ;)
Its more a matter of opinion. Pat McNamara and Paul Howe are two legitimate "gunfighters" that come to mind who prefer 9mm then theres LV, Travis Haley,Kyle Lamb and whole lot of legit guys who like smaller caliber higher capacity firearms . I dont buy into caliber wars though and in terms of shooting people I would take a 9mm over a .45 so would most of the instructors ive trained under, ymmv.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 pm

I am kind of bias though. 9mm, .357 mag and 10mm are my favorite handgun rounds. I like .45 acp too but I shoot the others more. Might try .44 mag next.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu May 16, 2019 12:44 am

moab wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Well, at least it's good to know I'll be better armed than my buddy, with my 4.25mm Liliput pistol. :crazy:

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 am

JF89 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 pm
moab wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Its more a matter of opinion. Pat McNamara and Paul Howe are two legitimate "gunfighters" that come to mind who prefer 9mm then theres LV, Travis Haley,Kyle Lamb and whole lot of legit guys who like smaller caliber higher capacity firearms . I dont buy into caliber wars though and in terms of shooting people I would take a 9mm over a .45 so would most of the instructors ive trained under, ymmv.
Oh. I agree. I carry a Glock .357 SIG. lol. Not by choice. It was given to me. But I'd like to convert it to 9mm soon. Love me some Pat McNamara! Did you see his JRE episode? JRE = Joe Rogan Experience. Great episode.

I think the "4" thing is the John Wayne part. ;) Read with his voice in your head. It will crack you up.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JF89

Post by JF89 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm

moab wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 am
JF89 wrote:
moab wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Oh. I agree. I carry a Glock .357 SIG. lol. Not by choice. It was given to me. But I'd like to convert it to 9mm soon. Love me some Pat McNamara! Did you see his JRE episode? JRE = Joe Rogan Experience. Great episode.

I think the "4" thing is the John Wayne part. ;) Read with his voice in your head. It will crack you up.
I havnt seen that yet but I will look it up.
Here is an article where he goes over 9mm vs .45 , AK vs AR etc. Pretty good read.

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/pat-mcnam ... ing-ar-15/

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 pm

JF89 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:
moab wrote:

Here is an article where he goes over 9mm vs .45 , AK vs AR etc. Pretty good read.

I'm not seeing anything in that article about either. Are you sure you linked to the right one?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 pm
JF89 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:

I'm not seeing anything in that article about either. Are you sure you linked to the right one?

I linked the wrong one, my bad.

Heres the one I was talking about

https://www.wearethemighty.com/fitness/ ... t-mcnamara

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm

moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:
moab wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Good stuff!!

https://youtu.be/RMw8u0VrELs

Return to “Initial Firearms Prepping Q&A”