It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:29 pm 

Not the normal review, but I was so pleased with the product I figured I'd give a mention.

I'm doing a 300 BLK build over the next some-odd months, and wanted a way to easily, quickly, visually know which mags are 300BLK and which are 5.56, so I don't get mixed up on accident.

I figured it would be best to just buy new, unique to me, mags for the 300BLK since I'm only gonna get a few mags for it. I came across http://www.abreoncustom.com/ with their custom graphic PMAGs. They do grips and stocks too, but I was just wanting mags. I didn't read too much into their process. I'm not sure how he applies the template and does it, but I assume it's a Rit Dye type of thing, but holy shit, this is miles better than any pics I saw on M4Carbine or Arfcom from those people doing it.

The mag I got is tan, dyed black with the American Flag left on it. It struck me how CRISP and SOLID the lines and color is. I assumed it would at least be a BIT blurry or smudged at the graphic lines, but hell no, it's beautifully solid and crisp, just like the website pictures show - no exaggeration.

I only got one mag, but I'm probably going to get a couple more for spares, whenever I'm done with the rifle. They're made to order and turnaround time was fast. I think it was about a week after I placed my order that it was in-hand.

$25 for a mag, yea, but it's cool enough. I thought for that price I would think "Meh" about it but still be happy I had a neat looking mag. Now that I see it, I feel much better about spending $25 on a PMAG. This is titties.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Jeez, at first I thought you were saying the cost was $25 to customize the mag that you provide, or buy from them. I didn't realize it's $25 for a brand new Pmag with that beautiful graphic.

Honestly, depending on where you buy it, it's not too hard to spend almost that much for the mag itself. $25 strikes me as a bargain. I've seen these pictured in a post here and there, but I had no idea how many different designs and options this guy offers until I followed your link. He's got 44 different designs for the 30 rounders alone. Plus I see that he does custom work. <ahem> ** <cough-customZSlogoPmagsoldatthewebsitestore-cough> **

Cool beans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm 

Looks nice! Wonder when he'll start doing AK mags...

If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:
I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:59 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Hell, the dipshits at the "pro" shop at Elm Fork Shooting Range that fucked up my Glock rear sight

http://www.elmfork.com

were selling regular PMags for 25 bucks. That should've been an indicator.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm 

majorhavoc wrote:
*snip*
Plus I see that he does custom work. <ahem> ** <cough-customZSlogoPmagsoldatthewebsitestore-cough> **

Cool beans.

Great idea... I'd buy half a dozen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am 

Those came out really clean. Too bad I don't have an AR. I wonder if I sent him a Circle 10 if he'd put a graphic on...would be cool to have some made for a custom Saiga build.