Press therapy - reloading room *chat*

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Re: Press therapy - reloading room *chat*

Post by MPMalloy » Sat May 26, 2018 7:19 pm

taipan821 wrote:Another question, regarding headspace gauges.

worth it? I'm not being picky at the moment about case dimensions, just wanting to make sure the case will load
I have always heard that headspacing is important.
Matthew Paul Malloy
Veteran: USAR, USA, IAANG.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun May 27, 2018 11:07 am

worth it? I'm not being picky at the moment about case dimensions, just wanting to make sure the case will load
I'm not exactly clear on what it is (honestly) I resize all my cases, and inspect them carefully to see if anything is bulging or if there's cracks/etc. I've not yet come across a case that's showing signs of head space issues.
NapalmMan67 wrote:What do you consider bulk? Some vendors classify 100-500 bulk, others 1000+. Anyway...

Rocky Mountain Reloading, Missouri Bullet, Extreme Bullet, Everglades Ammo, Berrys, Mid South Shooters, Natchez, Montana Gold etc...

FWIW- I've been shooting the HiTek coated bullets from Missouri in both 9mm and 45, and they are great. Much easier to load than plated, but maybe that's just me.
Bulk is 1000+ for me. MP actually pointed out that some of the auction sites have bulk ammo for sale, so I've been looking through them to see what I can find. Thanks for the list! I'll check them out as well
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Halfapint wrote:

I'm not exactly clear on what it is (honestly) I resize all my cases, and inspect them carefully to see if anything is bulging or if there's cracks/etc. I've not yet come across a case that's showing signs of head space issues.
NapalmMan67 wrote:What do you consider bulk? Some vendors classify 100-500 bulk, others 1000+. Anyway...

Rocky Mountain Reloading, Missouri Bullet, Extreme Bullet, Everglades Ammo, Berrys, Mid South Shooters, Natchez, Montana Gold etc...

FWIW- I've been shooting the HiTek coated bullets from Missouri in both 9mm and 45, and they are great. Much easier to load than plated, but maybe that's just me.
Bulk is 1000+ for me. MP actually pointed out that some of the auction sites have bulk ammo for sale, so I've been looking through them to see what I can find. Thanks for the list! I'll check them out as well
8-)

For therapy I ran my 650XL after installing a few upgrade items and loaded 100/mol rounds of .45ACP. The press ran slicker than goose shit on wet grass.

Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:07 pm

For a swaying single stage press get the Lee classic cast. Much stronger than the C press and not that much more.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”