What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

Post by RickOShea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm

JF89 wrote:
RickOShea wrote: You need two, just so you can do this....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfMHb9Lh5rE/
Impressive, Was that you in the video?
Nope, no SCAR's in my stable. Priciest out-of-the-box rifle I have is an LMT 308 MWS.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

88Glock

Post by 88Glock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm

For me that would be an AR pistol. I had a 16" AR and then built a 14.5" pinned to 16" AR and now I want shorter. So, pistol here I come!

I plan to build it in the months ahead as soon as I can cobble all the parts together. Probably going with a 11.5" barrel in 5.56 and a brace of some sort. Not sure on handguards yet, but most of the other parts I know what I like from previous builds. I'll post pics on this board and maybe in this thread when I am done.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 am

A double stack 9x18mm, like VZ82, CZ 83 9x18, or Makrov IJ70.

moab

Post by moab » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Damn. Where do I start?

I'd like another Glock. I have one in .357 sig. But I'd like a Gen 4 model 19. More common ammo for a bo or paw.

I'd also like a Savage bolt action in 30-.06.

An AR maybe in .308.

A Colt AR 6920 with chrome lined barrel. Not sure if every 6920 I've seen has a chrome lined barrel but I know some of them do.

I might get my grandfathers Colt Woodsman .22 pistol back some day soon. If not I'd like a bull barrel .22 semi auto.

I would also like another S&W Airweight .38. I sold mine back in the 90's. That was one of the nicest shooting pistols I have ever owned. More accurate than my Glock .40 caliber at the time.

(I'm currently building three AK47's. Romanian 1964's with Polish hammer forged Chrome lined barrels. All tact'd out. With railed hg's, polish folding stocks, flashlights and Primary Arms Advanced micro dots. I've built many AK's so I'm set in that department.)

But jeez. I lust after something new every month it seems. But that list above seems to be my go to "someday I'll spend the cash" list.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

scottmangum7

Post by scottmangum7 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 am

I am currently trying to convince the wife that I need to build by own AR-15. Any tips on sealing the deal??
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks" John Muir
https://bestsurvival.org/

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:51 am

scottmangum7 wrote:I am currently trying to convince the wife that I need to build by own AR-15. Any tips on sealing the deal??
Shop PSA. They have kits that are very competitively priced.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:53 pm

scottmangum7 wrote:I am currently trying to convince the wife that I need to build by own AR-15. Any tips on sealing the deal??
Withhold sex ( or conversely initiate sex which ever works best ) :crazy:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 pm

:ooh:
Assert dominance ,then tell her you are buying one and when you decide to buy a new appliance or a gun safe for the kitchen you will ask for her opinion, just make sure youre puffed up and serious. Please record it too. #he man woman haters club
Last edited by JF89 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:21 pm

JF89 wrote:
Assert dominance then tell her you are buying one but when you decide to buy a new appliance or a gun safe for the kitchen you will ask for her opinion, just make sure youre puffed up and serious. Please record it too.
With expert help like us I bet she tells him to build two. Your welcome buddy

John Titor was right

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:10 pm

I think I've said this here before, but: Put on your big boy pants, firmly walk up to her, and beg.

Jokes aside, remember to include the price of tools and such. They're not what I'd consider a major expense, but neither are they pocket change (for most people, at least).

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:26 pm

flybynight wrote:
JF89 wrote:
Assert dominance then tell her you are buying one but when you decide to buy a new appliance or a gun safe for the kitchen you will ask for her opinion, just make sure youre puffed up and serious. Please record it too.
With expert help like us I bet she tells him to build two. Your welcome buddy
You need the Eye of The Tiger to do this though , its not for the faint of heart or for a woman who will abuse you.

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:23 pm

boskone wrote:
I think I've said this here before, but: Put on your big boy pants, firmly walk up to her, and beg.

Jokes aside, remember to include the price of tools and such. They're not what I'd consider a major expense, but neither are they pocket change (for most people, at least).
:shock:
Funny... It's almost like we're all married to the same woman.

Me? I am shopping for a case of defensive pistol ammo in .45 and 9mm.
Shiney side out... Shiney side out...

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Dabster wrote:
boskone wrote:

I'm looking pretty seriously at the new Federal Hydra-Shok Deep rounds. Gel tests I've seen are showing really nice expansion and the ballistics, in 9mm 135 gr., don't seem all that much different from my current carry ammo, which is their HST rounds in 124 gr.

I read somewhere they plan to also bring it out in .40 and .45 ACP calibers. If so, and if the tests continue to show good expansion with them I'll consider switching to it for my .45 also. Current carry ammo there is also the HST rounds, in 230 gr.

As for ammo buying, my wife is awesome. She's constantly finding sales at Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, etc. and asking if those are good prices and do I need more ammo. To which my reply is always, "I can get it a little cheaper, but thanks for the reminder, I do need more ammo. I'll buy it out of the household account. $200 okay?" She generally agrees with that or a slightly lesser amount.

Now if only I could convince her I need more guns. :?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:40 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
Dabster wrote:
boskone wrote:

I'm looking pretty seriously at the new Federal Hydra-Shok Deep rounds. Gel tests I've seen are showing really nice expansion and the ballistics, in 9mm 135 gr., don't seem all that much different from my current carry ammo, which is their HST rounds in 124 gr.

I read somewhere they plan to also bring it out in .40 and .45 ACP calibers. If so, and if the tests continue to show good expansion with them I'll consider switching to it for my .45 also. Current carry ammo there is also the HST rounds, in 230 gr.

As for ammo buying, my wife is awesome. She's constantly finding sales at Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, etc. and asking if those are good prices and do I need more ammo. To which my reply is always, "I can get it a little cheaper, but thanks for the reminder, I do need more ammo. I'll buy it out of the household account. $200 okay?" She generally agrees with that or a slightly lesser amount.

Heck that's easy. Buy a lot of ammo for a gun you don't have. Then be like OH NO i GOT THE WRONG AMMO! i CAN'T RETURN IT BECAUSE OF USE BY DATES. Works every time :ohdear:

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm

flybynight wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
Dabster wrote: :shock:

Heck that's easy. Buy a lot of ammo for a gun you don't have. Then be like OH NO i GOT THE WRONG AMMO! i CAN'T RETURN IT BECAUSE OF USE BY DATES. Works every time :ohdear:
That actually happened once with a case of ammo. (bought a case of .357 mag when I needed .357 SIG) Ammo is non-returnable with every place I know of. The wife wouldn't let me buy a gun to use it so it got sold to a friend at a bargain price.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am

current lust/list: finish reloading room, upgrades for my dillon press, big fat hardcast bullets, another custom single action 44 mag, claussen pickles (original kosher dill spears).
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 pm

brothaman wrote:current lust/list: finish reloading room, upgrades for my dillon press, big fat hardcast bullets, another custom single action 44 mag, claussen pickles (original kosher dill spears).
What caliber Claussen dill spears ?

John Titor was right

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am

flybynight wrote:
brothaman wrote:current lust/list: finish reloading room, upgrades for my dillon press, big fat hardcast bullets, another custom single action 44 mag, claussen pickles (original kosher dill spears).
Fiddy. Always going big on my snack ammo.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:36 pm

brothaman wrote:
flybynight wrote:
Gotta keep 'em cold. Everyone knows Claussens are best refrigerated.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I've been kicking around the idea of consolidating my 9mm pistol collection to one style/family of firearms including various models and sizes. Roles will include range, defense, competition, and "investment"

Right now, I'm considering

1. CZ75 family (CZ, clones such as Caniks, Tanfoglio, Jerichos, etc)... I shoot them well and they are the old guys on the block that can still hang with modern designs

2. Canik TP9... I love these guns, just worried about longevity of brand

3. Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0... Like them almost as much as Canik but with better aftermarket and manufacture support

4. HK VP9 and P30... The German guns I love to hate
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:53 pm

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:56 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
brothaman wrote:
flybynight wrote:
Gotta keep 'em cold. Everyone knows Claussens are best refrigerated.
Always keep 'em chilly.

OT: Scope Rings. Need rings cuz I bough the Wrong Rings!!! KAAAAAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:28 am

Im "lusting" after a Sig p320 compact in .45. Ive been wanting a Glock 19 sized pistol in .45 acp that is not DA/SA (like the hk45).

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm jonesing for some of brownells retro rifles.

Their M16A1 copy....

And their XM177E2 copy.....

I can see my daughter learning to shoot that XM177E2 when she is 7 years old.... maybe 5....

Top one of those rifles with an Armson OEG sight.... or a Sightmark if I could find one....

*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”