What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Burnt Toast

Re: What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

Post by Burnt Toast » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 pm

I had a stainless P944, so I am getting this as a replacement. I get her at month's end.

Morgo

Post by Morgo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 am

I'm lusting after anything I don't already own and then after duplicates :)

Realistically though;

Coonan .357 Mag
BFR 10" .30-30

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:35 am

I'm feelin' the Blaser Lust.

If I get out of my motorcycle projects and my last Car project, I might be able to get the R8. But I really need that double in 30-06.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

eeb

Post by eeb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:55 am

Saw an AMT 1911 Hardballer at the LGS. WANT. Did a quick Google search-don't want it anymore, at least at the asking price. Some other nice 1911s there for not much more, probably use part of my tax refund on one. I'm thinking stainless, maybe a 9mm with the 22TCM conversion kit.
Last edited by eeb on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

chrispy

Post by chrispy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:57 am

A Ruger 77mkii in 7.62x39 Russian. They made about 5000 under the compact and boatpaddle designations. But I have never been able to pick one up. I have, however scored a 22-250 that someone gave up on as a project, and I scored a 1:10 twist 308 barrel, so it is off to the gunsmith for conversion. After a lot of research, there appears to be only small amounts o work required, and the 308 sized bolt face is the same as the Ruger compact bolt face in. 7.62 x 39.
So soon my lusting will be over!

Chrispy

jhesley06

Post by jhesley06 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm

A reaper 33 .223, sig sauer p226 9mm, savage long hunter .308

mcjon77

Post by mcjon77 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 pm

I am lusting after 2 guns right now.

Ruger LC9S

S&W M&P 22 Compact.

What is really making me anxious is that an online retailer has both of them for $50 less than I normally see them. However, I can't drop the cash on a new gun right now (let alone 2). I literally just picked up a new pistol from my FFL Yesterday. I am going to have to wait until late spring or the summer before I buy one of those, and even then only if I see another good deal.

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 am

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

silentpoet1
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead.

Post by silentpoet1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Trying to decide if I should get an MKA 1919 shotgun or another pistol. Handled the shotgun and decided I want one, but not sure if I want it more than another pistol. Now if I go for a pistol I am trying to decided what pistol to get. XD9, sig p229 in 40, or something else. A local shop has an fnp in 40 cal for 349 and I liked the trigger on it. Might put it on layaway. Another pawn shop has a ruger super redhawk that I lust after even though it would only be a range toy.

Over the last few years I have worked really hard at knocking out debt. And things are looking up so I need to continue to make good decisions but also reward myself for my hard work. So this next gun decision is more than just lust, I have to make a wise decision.
"...a society too squeamish to call evil by its right name has destroyed its first, best defense against cutthroats."
David Gelernter (Unabomber victim)

shoggoth80
Favorite Zombie Movies: Too many to list in total. The Romero films are classic... but Fido cracks me up!

Post by shoggoth80 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 am

There are a few pistols I am currently lusting after...
Ed Brown Kobra
http://www.edbrown.com/kobra.htm

Les Baer TRS:
https://www.lesbaer.com/TRS.html

Wilson Combat CQB:
http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-cqb ... PQsA8YwIww

These are all out of my price range at the moment. I love 1911s though (currently building my second custom). These approach functional art to me.

Otherwise?
A correct condition WWI Gew,98 rifle wise.

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Post by Neptune Glory » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Leopold DAGR (Dual Aperture Gunsite Riflescope) system for .308 semi-automatic rifle. It looks amazing!
Leupold’s DAGR System integrates the cutting-edge Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44mm riflescope with the CQB-proven Aimpoint Micro T-1. American (zombie)fighters can go from 1x to 18x in a fraction of a second with this system. With an overall length of less than 12 inches and weighing just 34.2 ounces, the Leupold ECOS-O solution delivers an incredible field of view and rapid target acquisition at an unmatched length and weight.
EDIT: The Leopold HAMR (High Accuracy Multi-Range Riflescope) is designed for the .223... but it features an illuminated reticle... so I *might* be lusting after the HAMR and a separate long-range (possibly 3-18x44mm) scope with or without the illuminated reticle... The DAGR does not feature an illuminated reticle from what I've read so far.
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:21 pm

SIg mcx pistol kit
comes w 300bo and 556 barrel. $2300 :crazy:
Would have to get a suppressor too.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIG-MCX- ... 954256.uts
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Sphinx SDP 9mm Handgun
Trijicon ACOG for my Steyr AUG A3 M1
20" Barrel for the Steyr
Walther CCP for the Wife
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

Shotgunner1992

Post by Shotgunner1992 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:54 am

Always lusting out for S&W K Frames from 1900-1940.
Security work is my life.

Future Airman.
Security Forces.

---

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Post by Neptune Glory » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:26 am

Two things to use together:

Smith & Wesson M&P-10, the camoflauge version, shoots 7.62 mm NATO,

and the Leupold HAMR with Delta Point on top, as the main optic / red dot system.

Ordered the rifle, wanting the scope!
-Neptune
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 am

I'm still waiting on a SIG P250 and Walther PPX..... it's worse than waiting for Christmas morning.... I'd drop into my favorite gun store every afternoon to check but it's 2 hours away. I just hope my phone rings soon letting me know my babies are in.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

froglegs888

Post by froglegs888 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:05 pm

eeb wrote:Saw an AMT 1911 Hardballer at the LGS. WANT. Did a quick Google search-don't want it anymore, at least at the asking price. Some other nice 1911s there for not much more, probably use part of my tax refund on one. I'm thinking stainless, maybe a 9mm with the 22TCM conversion kit.

Don't blame you....I had a SS hardballer that was so unreliable, even after 3 visits to highly qualified gunsmiths, that I stuck it in the safe and forgot about it for almost 20 years,,,then I sold it--with all my disclaimers included-- to one of my co-workers. He likes to tinker on 1911's... :shock: Anyway, my current holy grail is an older, mint condition savage 24 in 22/410.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat May 02, 2015 11:28 am

ALL OF THE BOOLITS

mostly just piling on the bullets right now.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

A Hogue overmold stock in ghillie tan for my new GSR... Like the black synthetic stock more than I thought but want this rifle to have a more traditional look than "tacticool" black.

OTOH, just ordered a couple of the 3-rd Ruger polymer mags as well as a 51T flash hider, and found a fantastic sling for it: http://www.murraycustomleather.com/slings.htm

Lovin' the A2 Cobra sling w/a thumb hole.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

eeb

Post by eeb » Sun May 03, 2015 12:18 pm

froglegs888 wrote:
eeb wrote:Saw an AMT 1911 Hardballer at the LGS. WANT. Did a quick Google search-don't want it anymore, at least at the asking price. Some other nice 1911s there for not much more, probably use part of my tax refund on one. I'm thinking stainless, maybe a 9mm with the 22TCM conversion kit.

Don't blame you....I had a SS hardballer that was so unreliable, even after 3 visits to highly qualified gunsmiths, that I stuck it in the safe and forgot about it for almost 20 years,,,then I sold it--with all my disclaimers included-- to one of my co-workers. He likes to tinker on 1911's... :shock: Anyway, my current holy grail is an older, mint condition savage 24 in 22/410.
Ended up getting a Glock 17, now I'm waiting on the 22TCM kit for that. Then a single-stack 1911, probably 45ACP. If I'm getting into oddball calibers, I might as well include 45auto.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Sig MK25 TB
Blued Ruger P89 or P85 MKII
SA XD-S 4.5" 9mm
Some sort of cheap .38spl 4" barreled DA revolver

AKM
Remington 870
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Bridgebreaker

Post by Bridgebreaker » Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 am

Gmg6 lynx.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:51 pm

I would like to have a Glock40 MOS.

No, scratch that, I really want a Glock40 MOS.

No, no, that's not right...I need a Glock40 MOS.

Wait, that doesn't quite capture the feeling, how about "I will have a Glock40 MOS!"

Ok, Ok, this is it-with feeling!

Give me a #$%@*& Glock40 MOS now!!!!

OK, that pretty much sums it up...
WWSD?

whiskeytangofoxtrot

Post by whiskeytangofoxtrot » Tue May 05, 2015 2:13 am

Ruger GP100 Match Champion

More powder availability.
::. Every normal man must, at times, be tempted to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. .:: -- HL Mencken

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”