What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Re: What are YOU currently lusting after? (firearms related)

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am

Someone talk me out of the Henry Survival Rifle.
And anything in 45/70.

I wish Remlin would get their feces together with the Guide Guns. Id get a stainless model.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 am

w3rdtoyamama wrote:Someone talk me out of the Henry Survival Rifle.
And anything in 45/70.

I wish Remlin would get their feces together with the Guide Guns. Id get a stainless model.
Doesn't Henry make a stainless steel Guide Gun ? I know I've seen the brass and blued steel .45-70 lever guns, but I don't recall a stainless model.

w3rdtoyamama

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:39 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
And anything in 45/70.

Doesn't Henry make a stainless steel Guide Gun ? I know I've seen the brass and blued steel .45-70 lever guns, but I don't recall a stainless model.
Just checked.
Henry H010AW
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:43 pm

w3rdtoyamama wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
And anything in 45/70.

Just checked.
Henry H010AW
I kind of remembered seeing a stainless Henry rifle in their catalog, but wasn't too sure if it was just a silver plated one instead of stainless.

I'm not helping with the whole talking you out of a new rifle, huh ? :lol:
Last edited by 12_Gauge_Chimp on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

w3rdtoyamama

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Not so much. :clap:
Id trust a Henry over a Remlin anyday.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:24 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
w3rdtoyamama wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
And anything in 45/70.

Just checked.
Henry H010AW
I kind of remembered seeing a stainless Henry rifle in their catalog, but wasn't too sure if it was just a sliver plated one instead of stainless.

I'm not helping with the whole talking you out of a new rifle, huh ? :lol:
Mmmmm... https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/all-wea ... er-action/... that's a good looking rifle.

Honestly, I know people hate the front loading of Henry's, but I have a Marlin and the side loading gate is sometimes annoying and not very fast. Since I won't be loading from cover in an old West shoot-out, the front loading is probably easier.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:33 pm

My only experience with a front loader gun was the pawn shop Marlin Model 60 I had when I was 20 years old. It was an ok gun (had issues with jamming, but I later learned the older Model 60s all did), but I think I rushed into buying it. Another hundred bucks or so in addition to the 70 I paid for it and I could've gotten a used Ruger 10/22.

Back on topic, I've been saving up for a Ruger American in 9mm. I got to handle one at a local hardware store and it just felt right in my hands. So now I'm saving up some spare cash and hope to have the gun in hand next year.

chenessfan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by chenessfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:41 am

I'm getting my hunting license coming summer so at last firearms are becoming a topic. For my hunting rifle, I'll be most likely be going with this beauty: https://heym-fabrik.de/?product=sr-30-a ... repetierer

English-speaking review: http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/rif ... fle-review

HEYM SR 30 straight-pull rifle in .308. I'm a fan of solid steel and wood, no plastic crap ;) With a proper scope (thinking Zeiss or Schmidt & Bender 2,5-10x50) it should last me for a life-time of hunting.
Custom Sword Maker

w3rdtoyamama

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 am

So Im still urning for a Henry Survival Rifle. Wont set me back too bad so I can afford it...unlike saving up for the others. Any reason not to get one?

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:07 pm

w3rdtoyamama wrote:So Im still urning for a Henry Survival Rifle. Wont set me back too bad so I can afford it...unlike saving up for the others. Any reason not to get one?
You talking about the AR-7? I bought one years ago when they first came out. Best .22 rifle I ever owned. Accurate as all get out (could cover a 7 round group with a quarter at 50 yards), easy to maintain and very dependable. My only beef with it was that it wasn't setup for a scope, but that's been taken care of with the new ones now, and they even added a second magazine.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

w3rdtoyamama

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:08 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
w3rdtoyamama wrote:So Im still urning for a Henry Survival Rifle. Wont set me back too bad so I can afford it...unlike saving up for the others. Any reason not to get one?
You talking about the AR-7? I bought one years ago when they first came out. Best .22 rifle I ever owned. Accurate as all get out (could cover a 7 round group with a quarter at 50 yards), easy to maintain and very dependable. My only beef with it was that it wasn't setup for a scope, but that's been taken care of with the new ones now, and they even added a second magazine.
I dont think id add a scope. I have a 10/22 compact. Just been wanting one for a backup.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm a simple guy when it comes to guns.

Would love a Sig Sauer P229 9mm. Scorpion or Elite model. The Legion would do, too.

Yessir, beautiful gun right there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:57 pm

I'm leaning towards a Taurus 738 as a pocket gun when I can't wear my OWB holsters. Inexpensive, DAO, supposed to have a very good trigger, what's not to love as a pocket gun?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Mossberg 590 Shockwave in 20 gauge
https://www.mossberg.com/product/590-sh ... -20-gauge/

Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm

I also own a 1980's Marlin 336 in 30-30 there is a trick when loading it. Don't use your fingers and instead use the next round to push the preceding round in the tube while keeping the preceding round about halfway in the loading gate. It makes it way easier.

I kind of remembered seeing a stainless Henry rifle in their catalog, but wasn't too sure if it was just a sliver plated one instead of stainless.

I'm not helping with the whole talking you out of a new rifle, huh ? :lol:[/quote]

Mmmmm... https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/all-wea ... er-action/... that's a good looking rifle.

Honestly, I know people hate the front loading of Henry's, but I have a Marlin and the side loading gate is sometimes annoying and not very fast. Since I won't be loading from cover in an old West shoot-out, the front loading is probably easier.[/quote]
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Ever since Ruger announced their new PC carbine, I've been wanting one.

Actually, I've been wanting one of the old models, but I'd rather not pay mid-level AR prices for one. So this brings me back to the new PC carbine. The fact it can be set up to use Glock 9mm mags is a plus for me.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Beowolf wrote:I'm a simple guy when it comes to guns.

Would love a Sig Sauer P229 9mm. Scorpion or Elite model. The Legion would do, too.

Yessir, beautiful gun right there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Lust slaked. Picked up a P229 Combat 9mm tonight after selling my Glock this weekend. :crazy:

New gun, but sat in a safe for a couple of years. And the trigger is terrible, so there's a Sig short reset trigger in my future.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

w3rdtoyamama wrote:Not so much. :clap:
Id trust a Henry over a Remlin anyday.
IMHO, Marlin has been good to go since 2014. Beside, 336s had the big problems. 1895s had very little problems. You still don't get the wood fit like in the past. I wouldn't hesitate to get a late model Stainless 45/70 if that was on my list. I've got a "Remlin" 336 that shoots excellent.

OT, I got the gun lust for big bore revolvers right now. Like a Bisley SBH in 480 Ruger.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

The Marlin 1894CST Trapper SS and 1895GS Trapper SS look pretty sharp.....wood fit shouldn't be a problem, since they have polymer stocks. :awesome:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

delarey

Post by delarey » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm

CZ 805 pistol with tailhook brace and accupower 1-4 on top. Wouldn't mind a scorpion set up the same way, but with primary arms mrds instead.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:31 pm

A Scar H. My buddy has one all ninja'd out with a Trijicon VCOG,He let me shoot it quite a bit and it was pretty freaking awesome...too rich for my taste(4k in rifle+2k in optic) but I might've developed a weird somewhat romantic feeling for that rifle and set up. Other then that I really like the fifth gen Glocks but after diving head first into the p320 platform and being disappointed im gonna wait a bit to get anything new.

delarey

Post by delarey » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:35 pm

JF89 wrote:A Scar H. My buddy has one all ninja'd out with a Trijicon VCOG,He let me shoot it quite a bit and it was pretty freaking awesome...too rich for my taste(4k in rifle+2k in optic) but I might've developed a weird somewhat romantic feeling for that rifle and set up. Other then that I really like the fifth gen Glocks but after diving head first into the p320 platform and being disappointed im gonna wait a bit to get anything new.
Yup, best to go as best you can into optics on the SCAR :clownshoes:
Thinking about a P320...I'm heavily invested into glocks, but the P320 has some redeeming qualities.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm

JF89 wrote:A Scar H. My buddy has one all ninja'd out with a Trijicon VCOG,He let me shoot it quite a bit and it was pretty freaking awesome...too rich for my taste(4k in rifle+2k in optic) but I might've developed a weird somewhat romantic feeling for that rifle and set up.
You need two, just so you can do this....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfMHb9Lh5rE/
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 pm

RickOShea wrote:
JF89 wrote:A Scar H. My buddy has one all ninja'd out with a Trijicon VCOG,He let me shoot it quite a bit and it was pretty freaking awesome...too rich for my taste(4k in rifle+2k in optic) but I might've developed a weird somewhat romantic feeling for that rifle and set up.
You need two, just so you can do this....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfMHb9Lh5rE/
Impressive, Was that you in the video?

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”