WTB: Gun safe (not cabinet, *safe*)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

HurricaneDad
ZS Member
ZS Member

WTB: Gun safe (not cabinet, *safe*)

Post by HurricaneDad » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I've finally talked SWMBO into accepting that I am planning on acquiring long guns and handguns. Before that, though, has to come a fire-proof gun safe. Due to my recent bad luck with Sentry, they're out of the running.

Who can recommend a decent sized safe that can also house some non-firearm related stuff, like some small valuables and heirlooms. In my perfect world, I'd be able to pay less than $1500, delivered. However, after some minor research (Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods websites) I can see that the options are many-fold and can get pricey very quickly.
dani monster wrote:"Mom you do know that zombies aren't real, right?" "...You get Santa and the Easter Bunny. I get zombies. Eat your damned trail mix."
Standard disclaimer applies.

Power Fail

Re: WTB: Gun safe (not cabinet, *safe*)

Post by Power Fail » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Not personal experience, but an excellent thread on the subject - http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p1238401
JamesCannon wrote:I think he's also forgotten more about spelling and grammar than ... well it just seems he's forgotten a lot about it.
DannusMaximus wrote:Few things are more win than saving the day with something that other people think you're weird for hauling around. 8)

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Re: WTB: Gun safe (not cabinet, *safe*)

Post by nimdabew » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 pm

To my knowledge, the only true "safe" involves digging a hole in your garage and sticking the guns in it and then filling said hole with concrete. It won't come out. Anything short of that is just resistant, not safe. That being said, get a really big, heavy safe, bolt it to a, preferably, concrete floor surrounded by really close in walls, and then never move it.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”