What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:46 pm

FBN for vid post OTY!

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:00 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:46 pm
FBN for vid post OTY!
English, my friend, English! It's what we speak here.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat May 02, 2020 11:04 pm

5 brass pistol cleaning rods.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am

A pair of laser engraved PMags. One with the Virginia state seal for my AR, and one with the EGA (and it comes loaded with crayons) for a retired Marine buddy of mine. :mrgreen:

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon May 04, 2020 11:43 am

NT2C wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am
A pair of laser engraved PMags. One with the Virginia state seal for my AR, and one with the EGA (and it comes loaded with crayons) for a retired Marine buddy of mine. :mrgreen:
That doesn't even make sense; a Marine would never put food in his magazine. :mrgreen:

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon May 04, 2020 12:42 pm

boskone wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:43 am
NT2C wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am
That doesn't even make sense; a Marine would never put food in his magazine. :mrgreen:
Think of it as the official USMC version of a Pez dispenser.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu May 07, 2020 5:20 pm

A laser boresight for my slugger.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Thu May 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Wheeler engineering lazer bore siter.

Tipton rifle vice.

444 marlin brass to use as 410 shotgun hulls.

Carbide 3 way cutter for RCBS trim pro 2.

Then I had fallen for one of those 'just pay shipping and these 2 lazer sites are free' waited 3 months and called in a complaint. Received 2 a couple of weeks later. I had also paid S&H for a generic range bag that had a 'free' gun magnet included. Well 8 months later the bag, magnet, and 2 lazer sites arrived.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Just placed an order with Ruger for a Troy Industries QD sling mount and sling swivel. Had a $25 off gift certificate for the last five years that still somehow was valid (I'm assuming Ruger's gift cards or certificates never expire), so I used that.

So what would've been a 40 dollar order is now only costing me about 16 bucks. :clap:

ETA: Got an email from Ruger today and I guess there was a minor issue with my order. They requested I call them to speak with a representative to figure out the issue.

Took them almost two weeks to find an issue, so I hope it's nothing too serious.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 pm

I had a cheap Uncle Mike's style holster for my LCP II that I liked for holding the gun and a spare mag all in one small package in my luggage when traveling (assuming the gun wasn't in a pants pocket) that a friend saw when he and his wife visited the other day. She carries a small 9mm (forget which) and had been looking for a different holster for it. She wanted to try mine so I just gave it to her to keep and ordered myself a new one earlier today.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am

ATN Auxiliary Ballistic Smart Laser Rangefinder w/Bluetooth

This is a ballistic laser that clamps to and works with the smart scope on my BM59, allowing the BDC in the scope to get a precise range to target and adjust the crosshairs for a perfect shot at ranges out to 1,000m. While it would be cool to have I saw no need to buy the 1,500m version @ $80 more. Maybe if I change the scope to a different rifle, one capable of making precise shots at such ranges, then I might upgrade but for now the 1,000m version suits me fine as the longest range at any of the places I currently shoot is 600 yards.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Picked up a bunch of various Magpul stuff today (mostly sling parts and a fore end for my 870 and another grip for my AR) along with my very first OTF knife.

I also picked up a pair of OEM Glock mags for my G17. I would've picked up a couple G21 mags, but they were cleaned out of them and pretty much everything else. The Memorial Day sales crowd beat me to it all.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue May 26, 2020 7:51 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 pm
Picked up a bunch of various Magpul stuff today (mostly sling parts and a fore end for my 870 and another grip for my AR) along with my very first OTF knife.

I also picked up a pair of OEM Glock mags for my G17. I would've picked up a couple G21 mags, but they were cleaned out of them and pretty much everything else. The Memorial Day sales crowd beat me to it all.
I should send you one of my 33 round Glock mags and let you give it the banana treatment. :crazy:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:51 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 pm

I should send you one of my 33 round Glock mags and let you give it the banana treatment. :crazy:
If you had an AK, I'd gladly make you a banana mag like I've got now. :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri May 29, 2020 6:36 pm

My order from Ruger finally shipped today.

I got an email from their CS on Tuesday about an issue with my order, but a quick phone call cleared it up. Still trying to figure out why it took them two weeks to figure out there was an issue, though.

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Got some extra mags for weird handguns I have. If the current unrest turns into something long term, supplies like magazines may be harder to find, I figure. This is what I get for shooting something other than a Glock that I can find anywhere......
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm
Got some extra mags for weird handguns I have. If the current unrest turns into something long term, supplies like magazines may be harder to find, I figure. This is what I get for shooting something other than a Glock that I can find anywhere......
And as I mentioned elsewhere, is part of why I'm thinking about buying a Glock.

My XD is serviceable (obviously, or I wouldn't've kept it for nearly 20 years), but Glocks and Glock parts are ubiquitous.

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:36 pm

boskone wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm
And as I mentioned elsewhere, is part of why I'm thinking about buying a Glock.

My XD is serviceable (obviously, or I wouldn't've kept it for nearly 20 years), but Glocks and Glock parts are ubiquitous.
Yeah, exactly why my goto is a Glock 34. But I have some other guns that see general use, and may be highly useful in civil unrest for having certain capabilities, that use boutique magazines, so I blew my allowance all at once. Looks like sandwiches for lunch all week!
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Picked up a couple boxes of Hornady Black .45 ACP ammo today (would've grabbed more, but Academy still has a three box limit on any ammo and they only had two boxes anyway) as well as an ETS C.A.M rifle mag loader.

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:16 am

Truglo scope--- don't know if the sale is valid in your region...........

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/truglo ... alcircular

I haven't really heard of Truglo, but one of the guys in the shop is a past national archery champion, and he has excellent experience with Truglo bow sights
still debating if I should go back and pick up another
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:32 am

aikorob wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:16 am
Truglo scope--- don't know if the sale is valid in your region...........

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/truglo ... alcircular

I haven't really heard of Truglo, but one of the guys in the shop is a past national archery champion, and he has excellent experience with Truglo bow sights
still debating if I should go back and pick up another
Can't speak for this particular model but I have one of their 2x42mm reddots on my Ruger PC9 and it's working well. The scope lens caps are crap though.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Just placed an order with Midway USA for a set of 7.62x39 snap caps, a set of 7.62x54r snap caps and a bluing touch up pen.

I was going to order a bottle of cold blue stuff or a tube of the paste type stuff, but I figured the bluing pen would be easier and less messy for me.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Bent the firing pin retainer on my AR cleaning the bolt last night so I went to buy a 5 pack from Brownells. They're on back order (ordered) but I also saw the KNS Precision AR-15 Perma Firing Pin Retainer while I was there and bought one for a temp fix. If it's good I may keep it and save the 5 as spares.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”