What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:25 am

boskone wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:29 pm
boskone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:45 pm
Brekar wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Picked up this Ruger Wrangler and 500 rounds of 22lr for $249.99 out the door...
I love my Wrangler; great little pistol.

I do kinda wish I'd exercised a bit of self-discipline and waited for a solid-black model instead of grey (I like the grey, but the black cylinder on the grey and bronze models look out of place to me), but not enough to bother getting it Cerakoted or whatever. :)
CDNN has some solid black Wranglers in stock right now for 189 bucks. I'm tempted to pick one up as soon as I have some free cash.
I'd have to look, but I think mine was $220 out the door, and I consider it money well spent.
Of course, I'm also waiting for PSA to drop their Glock clone, so I may get one of those first and a Wrangler later.
Of course, this is a very good point. If they come around the $250-300 price point, and maybe $400 threaded and with fancy sights, I might get one myself.
$400 w/bells & whistles does sound good. But then the G44 sounded good also. (shrug)

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Delta team tactical. 7.62x39 pistol upper.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:57 pm

Do auction bids qualify for inclusion here if the auction hasn't taken place yet, or only if you win? :?

Bids placed on:

Canick TP9SF 9mm in like new condition w/case
Sig P230 in 9mm Kurz w/case like new cond
1000 rounds of mil-surp 230gr .45 ACP ball

Funny thing about the Sig... They had a couple of them and all the other P230s were listed as .380 ACP and all showed high activity. The one marked 9mm Kurz had zero activity. 9mm Kurz, as all of you here already know, is .380 ACP. I have no idea why this one is marked that way but I'm more than willing to put a bid on it and see if I can get it for a reasonable price.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:01 am

PSA has the Italian LEO trade in Beretta 92S, for $320. One is enroute

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

40 rounds of .357 Magnum arrived today from Double Tap. The more I learn about the .357 (and ballistics in general) the more I LOVE Double Tap's offerings. There are less expensive options out there which I feel are also good, but with the ammo panic, they aren't available right now and I feel Double Tap's offerings are reasonably priced for defense ammo. I've trusted my life to them in the past and use their ammo to dispatch critters, and I've always been happy.

125 gr at 1600 fps from a 4 inch barrel.

158 gr at 1400 fps from a 4 inch barrel.

I can use these for defense or hunting.

Oh, and I got components for 500 more rnds of .38 or .357, whatever I want, so I can load up about 850 rnds now and have about 1300-1400 rnds of .38 and .357 handloads to carry me through the ammo apocalypse. That should last me about 2.5 years before I will need to dip into the factory boxes. Or touch the 9mm....

I do love my wheel guns. And reloading.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

echo83

Post by echo83 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 pm

1.) Chinese SKS chest rig and 20 Chinese mil-surp stripper clips. $25.90 shipped. I was really happy. I've been looking for reliable clips for ages, and was thrilled that these aren't the NC Star ones that everyone hates. The rig looks unissued, but had some white spots that I scrubbed off with hot water and dish soap.

2.) Bought in March, but cross-posting here again: 190 rounds of mil-surp 7.62x39 on stripper clips from my LGS. Chinese production, corrosive, manufactured in 1975. I really want to take it for a spin at my range, but my LGS is closed until at least 04 MAY 2020, so I don't know when I'll be able to resupply.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:37 am

SADLAK Scope Mount for my BM59 so I can finally put an optic on it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am

500 rounds of 5.56x45 NATO 62gr. for $184.95

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Full power spring from Wolff for a K frame. I was getting some light primer strikes. If issues persist, I'll look into other causes. Most likely the firing pin.

Some mags for a rifle.

1500 rnds of rifle ammo should be arriving. That should be a 3 year supply of practice ammo. In reality I probably won't practice EVERY month.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:35 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am
Where?

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:31 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:35 pm
NT2C wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am
Where?
https://www.surplusammo.com/products/5- ... -bulk.html

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Glow-in-the-dark sight paint. Not that I really expect much from it at night as my guns don't sit out unholstered or unprotected where they get sunlight or artificial light but I do hope the color will make it easier to pick up at least the front sight in daylight.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 pm

200rd each .30-06 and 6.5 Grendel. Thank you, SGAmmo.

Also 20ea en bloc clips, from GarandGear. My plan is to load most of my .30-06 in clips, and vacuum seal most of those with dehydrator packets. Probably leave 2 out, loaded, and the rest of the bullets either in the loose clips or boxes. Really, I probably only need 2...but at a buck a pop, why not?

One of these days I need to experiment and finding a hunting load my M1 rifle likes. You can hunt with ball, but I'd rather a SP or HP.

The Grendel is Hornady American Gunner. From my experimentation, limited though it is, it's within 1/4MOA of the Hornady ELD Match that's usually available locally, which means easily minute-of-dead-medium-game out to any range I'm likely to shoot at. It's also 25% cheaper. So I'll probably keep a box or two of the ELD Match around for when I think I need it, but shift to the considerably-cheaper American Gunner for massacring paper.

And, damnit, I just realized I should have grabbed a couple more slings from GarandGear while I was at it. :x

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Gunbuyer,com had Hornady .22 WMR. I got a few boxes of Hornady Varmint Express 22WMR 30GR V-Max for $9.50/50r box and Hornady Critical Defense 22WMR 45 Grain FTX for $10.99/50r box, plus s&h and tax, I can use them in my 6.5” rough rider and a soon to be mine Rossi RS22w semi-auto rifle with a 20” barrel. Patiently waiting for the range to reopen...
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

A.C.E.
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil

Post by A.C.E. » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:47 am

My Aliengear Holsters finally arrived.

An OWB/paddle and an IWB.

There's no legal carry here, so the IWB is mostly just for the novelty and dicking around on the range.

The OWB might se some actual use. Because I want to move away from competition holsters and get a feel for working with carry holsters. Diversifying skills and all that.

Definitely a different beast compared to drawing from a competition rig. Learning to draw from concealment is for sure going to require some work.

My IG post.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NP_28jNVd ... 6ze5fm6nn6
My FAK
Cold Weather
Propane Forge
ZS #0091

I'm Swedish, there is no known cure.
sealegs wrote:I make it my business to never be caught w. my pants down, and IF I am, then the size of my junk and the fortitude of my stones will give me the initiative by sheer intimidation alone. :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Picked up two little bottles of Lucas Oil Extreme Duty gun oil from the local O'Reilly's auto parts store today.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:53 pm

So...a Henry Big Boy .357 lever gun walked home with me. 20 inch barrel. Brass reciver. Octogonal barrel. Very pretty. Lightly used.

For hunting this deer season. And messing around with .357 handloads. And it is pretty enough, maybe my wife will enjoy shooting it?!?!

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:53 pm
So...a Henry Big Boy .357 lever gun walked home with me. 20 inch barrel. Brass reciver. Octogonal barrel. Very pretty. Lightly used. For hunting this deer season. And messing around with .357 handloads. And it is pretty enough, maybe my wife will enjoy shooting it?!?!
:clap:

Scope?

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 pm

woodsghost wrote:
So...a Henry Big Boy .357 lever gun walked home with me. 20 inch barrel. Brass reciver. Octogonal barrel. Very pretty. Lightly used.

For hunting this deer season. And messing around with .357 handloads. And it is pretty enough, maybe my wife will enjoy shooting it?!?!
Nice. Those Henrys are much nicer out of the box than Marlins and similarly priced these days. Now Johnnie's Reloading Bench is required viewing, as he worked up a deer load for exactly your rifle. I've found it's pretty easy to get great standard deviation numbers with magnum reloads in lever guns.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:54 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm
woodsghost wrote:
So...a Henry Big Boy .357 lever gun walked home with me. 20 inch barrel. Brass reciver. Octogonal barrel. Very pretty. Lightly used. For hunting this deer season. And messing around with .357 handloads. And it is pretty enough, maybe my wife will enjoy shooting it?!?!
:clap:

Scope?
:D

No scope yet. I'm going to play with irons, but might be looking for a 2x or 3x come August.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:54 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 pm
woodsghost wrote:

Nice. Those Henrys are much nicer out of the box than Marlins and similarly priced these days. Now Johnnie's Reloading Bench is required viewing, as he worked up a deer load for exactly your rifle. I've found it's pretty easy to get great standard deviation numbers with magnum reloads in lever guns.
Thank you for the tip! That sounds perfect!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Wandered around the local Walmart today and picked up a Bianchi 101 fold away concealment holster set on clearance.

This is probably the weirdest holster I've ever owned. It's not like a traditional holster where it's made of two pieces of leather sewn together to hold the gun. No, this one is a single piece of leather with belt loops cut into it. You put it on your belt then put your gun between it and your belt to keep the gun in place.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Wandered around the local Walmart today and picked up a Bianchi 101 fold away concealment holster set on clearance. This is probably the weirdest holster I've ever owned. It's not like a traditional holster where it's made of two pieces of leather sewn together to hold the gun. No, this one is a single piece of leather with belt loops cut into it. You put it on your belt then put your gun between it and your belt to keep the gun in place.
:?: :!:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Wandered around the local Walmart today and picked up a Bianchi 101 fold away concealment holster set on clearance. This is probably the weirdest holster I've ever owned. It's not like a traditional holster where it's made of two pieces of leather sewn together to hold the gun. No, this one is a single piece of leather with belt loops cut into it. You put it on your belt then put your gun between it and your belt to keep the gun in place.
:?: :!:
It's minimalists belt slide holster. I remember Skeeter Skelton writing about this style of holster back in the early eighties. Kinda universal holster.

https://www.safariland.com/products/hol ... t=35&sz=12
I tried to find a vid showing how they work . But couldn't find anything but guys just holding the holster in their hands. And then got distracted by this video. Which was way more fun to watch
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”