What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:05 am

FlashDaddy wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:15 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:45 pm
I ordered myself a Romanian TTC Tokarev pistol from Classic Firearms this morning. :clap:

Hopefully I should have it in my hands some time next week or possibly earlier depending on how fast they ship it.

Now to stock up on extra mags and ammo for it.
Those seem to be the best value in surplus arms on the market. I miss the “old days” of $69 Mosin Nagant rifles and $140 SKSs. 2006, please come back!
Agreed.

Had I known Enfields were going to get so high in value, I'd have bought all of the 100 dollar ones at the shop I bought my old SKS and saved them.

Tokarevs seem to be holding in price, so hopefully I can pick up a couple more next year. I'm thinking of grabbing another couple Romanian ones and maybe a Yugo M57 as well.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:05 am
FlashDaddy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I ordered myself a Romanian TTC Tokarev pistol from Classic Firearms this morning. :clap:

Hopefully I should have it in my hands some time next week or possibly earlier depending on how fast they ship it.

Those seem to be the best value in surplus arms on the market. I miss the “old days” of $69 Mosin Nagant rifles and $140 SKSs. 2006, please come back!
Agreed.

Had I known Enfields were going to get so high in value, I'd have bought all of the 100 dollar ones at the shop I bought my old SKS and saved them.

Tokarevs seem to be holding in price, so hopefully I can pick up a couple more next year. I'm thinking of grabbing another couple Romanian ones and maybe a Yugo M57 as well.
I wish for my CZ52 to come back to me :(

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
FlashDaddy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Agreed.

I haven't seen one of those for sale in a long time.

If I find one for sale online, I'll PM you, MP.

Alternatively, you could pick up a Tokarev if you want to fill that 7.62x25 void your CZ52 left.

ETA: So as to not further derail the thread, I placed an order for some 7.62x25 Tokarev snap caps for my Romanian Tokarev.

I doubt it's safe to dryfire a Tokarev (internet seems to be divided on whether it's safe or not), so I figured I'd pick up a pack just to be safe.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
FlashDaddy wrote:
Agreed.

I haven't seen one of those for sale in a long time.

If I find one for sale online, I'll PM you, MP.

Alternatively, you could pick up a Tokarev if you want to fill that 7.62x25 void your CZ52 left.

ETA: So as to not further derail the thread, I placed an order for some 7.62x25 Tokarev snap caps for my Romanian Tokarev.

I doubt it's safe to dryfire a Tokarev (internet seems to be divided on whether it's safe or not), so I figured I'd pick up a pack just to be safe.
I've heard advice on dry-firing go all kinds of ways. Having said that, snap caps won't hurt anything.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 am

The Twizzler wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:13 am
I paid 300.00 for it which I considered a little high but I did really want it. I got my date info from this forum https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/thread ... ver.82009/ hope that helps. It's a classic and they don't male them like that anymore. :)

Thanks and wow. That sets a new value on mine. I'm not great at vintage, non military valuations, and know that king of thing is also regional. My only other experience was when I repaired a Pre 60's Remington 22L, LR, Short bolt action rifle. had a dmg stock, so i bought an authentic stock for close to what i valued the rifle at at the time. But it was an heirloom. Just figured the guy parted out a good rifle and charged me for it thru the stock price alone. I was good with that.
Found another one asking $200. Tiny little thing http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=830392

Image WILL... NOT... BUY... WILL... NOT ... BUY ...
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:23 am

A laser, a rail section, and a laser bore site.

The laser is interesting in that its a 'bull dot' laser, which apparently has a wider beam for better acquisition. Comparing it to the familiar size of the laser bore site you can see the difference. When I saw this it was basically what I had been looking for as a solution to a particular need.

@ 18" standard laser vs bull

THIS IS @ ABOUT 40 FT AND THE CLOCK IS ABOUT 12" FOR SCALE. To get that distance indoors I had to project the beam at an angle to the wall, therefore the elliptical shape. standard laser vs bull.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

boskone

Post by boskone » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:01 pm

UTG picatinny rail mounted quick detach bipod, and pic rail adapters for my various rifles.

I'd been thinking of a Magpul bipod, but several reviews mentioned it wasn't great with heavy rifles; my .243 is pretty front-heavy.

The only complaint I have with the bipod is that it's a bit fiddlier than I'm used to to operate the extensions, as they aren't spring-loaded for retraction. Other than that, seems like a solid bipod: it locks up nice, the legs operate smooth, and a minor amount of force didn't bend or detach them.

The sling-stud to pic rail adapter that came with the bipod actually seems surprisingly good. I have another one as well, which remains un-attached until my coworker finishes his hunting trip, and one each M-lok and Keymod rail sections.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 pm

2 x 150 round boxes of Federal .223 Rem 55grn FMJ
1 x 20 round box American Eagle 7.62x51mm 168grn OTM (mistake - my Black Friday befuddled brain told me that said NATO)
1 x 10 round box CCI 9mm Luger shotshells
1 x 10 round box CCI .45 ACP shotshells (because I don't care if it's 22 degrees outside, if I'm tramping through Idaho fields rattlers are no joke)
Some assorted stick on targets and cleaning supples, including a few bore snakes.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:55 pm

Ordered an enhanced AK safety lever from PSA the 8th of this month and got it on the 21st due to a screw up on UPS' end.

I guess they figure Colorado is part of Texas now or something. :lol:

Aside from the UPS screw up, I got my part and it's pretty good. Almost bought a Krebs AK lever, but the PSA one was cheaper and in stock, so I went with that one.

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:06 am

Another MOSIN! this time another M39 Finn on the cheap from a local auction!
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”