What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

Post by NT2C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 pm
HIJACK!!!

Set transponder to 7777.
Cool your jets there ZH. The only ones here allowed that code are the mods and admins. 8-)

We now return this thread to its originally scheduled Show & Tell status
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Well, I told myself I wasn’t gonna do it but after a quick peek in my spares stash I went ahead and bought the barrel/free upper receiver dealio I mentioned over in the “time to stock the caches” thread. Grabbed a mid-length Magpul MOE hand guard on sale for $30 too.

Seems like I already have all the other/extra bits needed to finish the build,and this’ll give me a second upper in 5.56mm for my 6.8SPC-II pig gun...

...though I’ll likely get the receiver cerakoted OD green before assembly. Gotta get some other stuff Cerakoted anyway.

Wife’s not gonna be happy... :ohdear:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

A nice Flambeau hardcase for the new shotty while I was at Wally World. Just $35

And then turned around and took it back when I discovered it was 1.5" too short. :(
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm
A nice Flambeau hardcase for the new shotty while I was at Wally World. Just $35

And then turned around and took it back when I discovered it was 1.5" too short. :(
This should go in the What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related) and returned thread .
Shouldn't have to tell a Mod that :roll:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:21 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

This should go in the What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related) and returned thread .
Shouldn't have to tell a Mod that :roll:
We have such a thread? Link to it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Meprolight M500 front night sight, NDZ red anodized magazine follower, NcStar Picatinny rail for the receiver to mount an RDS on at a future date, CDM Gear BMT mount, Streamlight TLR-1. All going on the Mossberg. Some stuff was ordered two days ago and arrived already, some was just ordered today. The wife may shoot me when she sees the Amazon bill but, damn it, she'll be able to see me well enough to get a clean hit.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:33 pm

NT2C wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:55 pm
Meprolight M500 front night sight, NDZ red anodized magazine follower, NcStar Picatinny rail for the receiver to mount an RDS on at a future date, CDM Gear BMT mount, Streamlight TLR-1. All going on the Mossberg. Some stuff was ordered two days ago and arrived already, some was just ordered today. The wife may shoot me when she sees the Amazon bill but, damn it, she'll be able to see me well enough to get a clean hit.
The CDM Gear BMT mount and Streamlight TLR-1 got canceled by the seller because they were out of stock and backordered. The sight and the Picatinny rail are installed and looking good. I just reordered the CDM Gear BMT mount directly from them, and ordered a Nightstick TWM-850XLS from the manufacturer to mount on it.

MrsClegg

Post by MrsClegg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 am

I just bought and am waiting to pick up a Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga with 18.5 barrel. I bought it without asking my husband or discussing it with him, but it was such a good deal, there wasn't time.

I'm hoping to put a stock with a pistol grip and possibly a different foregripon it I have never altered a firearm of mine before. I will have to shoot it a few times and do some research first.
Sic biscuitus disintegrat

moab

Post by moab » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:55 pm

MrsClegg wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 am
I just bought and am waiting to pick up a Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga with 18.5 barrel. I bought it without asking my husband or discussing it with him, but it was such a good deal, there wasn't time.

I'm hoping to put a stock with a pistol grip and possibly a different foregripon it I have never altered a firearm of mine before. I will have to shoot it a few times and do some research first.
Good on you, MrsCleg! Check out the long gun section. I'm sure you'll find your help.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:41 pm

It's not much, but I picked up some MTM rifle round boxes, 2ea medium and small. I've got a pile of 5.56x45 brass I should reload one of these days (except I've got a decent pile of rounds as well), and about 30 6.5 Grendel cases (of 2.5 boxes shot; I really need to remember my brass catcher in the future).

Since the two medium are for 6.5 Grendel I might should have gotten 4x small...but if so I'll have two for the 6.5 Creedmoor I kinda want to build.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:22 pm

MrsClegg wrote:

You cannot change the forgrip on the Maverick unless you buy all new metal hardware. A normal forgrip is attached to a metal frame on a Mossberg. A Maverick has a plastic forgrip with the metal arms pinned on. Just a heads up there will be a bit more work and cost involved. But I enjoy my Maverick and you can swap out any Mossberg stock on there.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Bought a Pachmayr grip for hand held shooty thingy

ETA/…. and a knife :mrgreen:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MrsClegg

Post by MrsClegg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 am

woodsghost wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:22 pm
MrsClegg wrote:

You cannot change the forgrip on the Maverick unless you buy all new metal hardware. A normal forgrip is attached to a metal frame on a Mossberg. A Maverick has a plastic forgrip with the metal arms pinned on. Just a heads up there will be a bit more work and cost involved. But I enjoy my Maverick and you can swap out any Mossberg stock on there.
Thank you for the information- I think I did see where there's a special tool (that actually comes with some mods) to take that foregrip off- if I saw what I saw- correctly.

Thanks again.
Sic biscuitus disintegrat

moab

Post by moab » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Just picked up the Aero Gen 2 lower. $40.

Aero AR15 Gen 2 Stripped Lower Receiver is the perfect base for your custom AR15 build. Machined to mil-spec dimensions, our lowers work with standard AR15 components and ensure the highest quality with a correct component interface.

Gen 2 Improvements
Upper Tension Screw - Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver. This provides a tight fit with any standard AR15 upper receiver.
Increased Magwell Flare - Allows for easier insertion of magazines and provides a sleeker look.
Includes:
Stripped AR15 Lower Receiver, Gen 2
Nylon tipped tensioning set screw

Regular Price: $72.00

Special Price $40.00

https://www.fullyloadedinc.com/ar15-str ... ized-black

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Dagger Defense DDHB. It's a cheap (under $50) red dot sight that I'm going to try on the Mossberg 500. If it works and I like it then I'll either keep it or upgrade to a better RDS, but for the $38 I paid I won't cry if it doesn't suit me or falls apart from the recoil.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Did a little shopping:
  • This target stand
  • Two of these target stand kits
  • A roll of these target stickers
  • A pack of 100 of these targets
  • One 50 round brick- 12 Gauge 2.75 Inch Federal F127RS High Velocity 1 Oz Hollow Point Rifled Slug Ammo
  • One 25 round box - Sellier Bellot 12 Gauge 2.75 Inch 9 Pellet OO Buck Shot Ammo - SB12BSG
  • Two 10 Round Box - 12 Gauge Fiocchi 2.75 Inch 27 Pellet 4 Buck 1325 FPS Buckshot Ammo - 12HV4BK
  • Four 50 Round Box - 30 Carbine 110 Grain Soft Point Sellier Bellot Ammo - SB30B
  • Ten 50 round box - 45 Auto 230 grain FMJ Winchester Service Grade Ammo - SG45W
  • Five 100 Round Box - 22LR 40 Grain Hollow Point 1435 FPS Browning Ammo - B194122100
  • Full case of 50 Round Box - 9mm Luger 124 grain FMJ European Government Contract Ammo - Made for Sellier Bellot by Ruag in Germany - SB9BR
Edit: And just for shits & giggles, one of these to put the shotty in when going to the range

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:29 pm

I picked up a pair of Center Point rifle scopes today at the local Walmart. They're a discontinued model and one of them had some damage to the scope body (not enough to inhibit function, though) as well as a jacked up turret knob cover.

The other is in pretty good shape and I got the pair for 30 bucks out the door (Sporting Goods counter guy made me a deal so they could get the scopes out of the case and free up some room for others ).

They're probably not the best scopes, but for what I paid for them, they'll be good beaters on my 10/22s. Now I just need to pick up some rings and maybe some bases for them.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”