What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms related)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Re: What have you bought in the last 48 hours?(firearms rela

Post by roOism » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 am

RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:Wife wanted some guns we could both shoot, so I picked up a Ruger 10/22 and a SP101.
Which model of SP101?
5719, 3" barrel.

"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm

roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:Wife wanted some guns we could both shoot, so I picked up a Ruger 10/22 and a SP101.
Which model of SP101?
5719, 3" barrel.

A SP101 in 327 is going to Be my "old man" gun. 'Cuz every mean old codger needs a 32 revolver of some sort. 32 is the old man caliber

OT: 2 boxes of Sierra .257 cal 117 gr Boat tails. 25-06 is the new old new hotness.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:27 pm

roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
Which model of SP101?
5719, 3" barrel.

Gotcha...I wasn't sure if you got a .22 model to go along with the 10/22. I've been debating between a 4" .22LR SP101 or the 4" .22LR GP100.

I had a 3" Sp101, but it was the .327 mag model. Good little revolver with just enough heft.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by roOism » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 pm

RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
Which model of SP101?
5719, 3" barrel.

Gotcha...I wasn't sure if you got a .22 model to go along with the 10/22. I've been debating between a 4" .22LR SP101 or the 4" .22LR GP100.

I had a 3" Sp101, but it was the .327 mag model. Good little revolver with just enough heft.
My mom & little sister both have the same model (.357) and it's a great gun at the range shooting .38 special, first time I shot it I tore one ragged hole at 30 feet with all 5 shots, and I'm not an amazing shooter. I've been jonesing for a revolver, and I take regular walkabouts in the local wilderness and wanted something with enough oomph to take down the local fauna if needed, but also something my wife could handle at the range.

OT: Sort of bought a Sig716 Patrol FDE, I don't have it in hand yet but it is mine.
"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

Neville

Post by Neville » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Just came home with a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (Mica Bronze).

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... AULT-l.jpg

http://www.firearmsguide.com/images/new ... estock.jpg

Very nice. The stock color has some texture to it, not just a "flat" one-color. I've been wanting a takedown but the $300+ price tag seemed a bit more than what I wanted to spend. Found an incredible deal online for $250 (price has gone up significantly since my purchase). Seems like a very solidly put together gun, while at the same time feeling light and handy. The bag is no joke either, they put some effort into it... not just a throwaway accessory. Not really a backpack, but it does come with a single shoulder sling. This will be a lot of fun for plinking. Not very "ninja tactical" but great for practicing rifle marksmanship skills and light/handy to pack along on camping excursions.

Also I spotted a terrific deal at one of our local stores for 38 Special +P Win Ranger 500 rd case price of $160. Can't beat that at any of the sources I checked. We don't go through a lot of .38 but it's nice to introduce new shooters to centerfire revolvers.

Got a screaming deal on 250 round cases of 00 buck so I got 2 of those as well.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Neville wrote:Just came home with a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (Mica Bronze).

Very nice. The stock color has some texture to it, not just a "flat" one-color. I've been wanting a takedown but the $300+ price tag seemed a bit more than what I wanted to spend. Found an incredible deal online for $250 (price has gone up significantly since my purchase). Seems like a very solidly put together gun, while at the same time feeling light and handy. The bag is no joke either, they put some effort into it... not just a throwaway accessory. Not really a backpack, but it does come with a single shoulder sling. This will be a lot of fun for plinking. Not very "ninja tactical" but great for practicing rifle marksmanship skills and light/handy to pack along on camping excursions.

Also I spotted a terrific deal at one of our local stores for 38 Special +P Win Ranger 500 rd case price of $160. Can't beat that at any of the sources I checked. We don't go through a lot of .38 but it's nice to introduce new shooters to centerfire revolvers.

Right on. I have been thinking about a take-down 10/22. I think it is time for me to sell my target model. I have had it for 6 years or so & it is still NIB.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Neville wrote:Just came home with a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (Mica Bronze).

Nice job!

I picked one up when they first came out and like it quite a lot... Wish I’d waited for the threaded barrel option though, and that cool bronze model you scored with a nice useable pack to boot!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am

Savage 40061 64 FXP with Scope LH Semi-Auto 22 LR 21" 10+1 Synthetic Black Stk Blued as a Christmas gift for my buddy who lets me shoot at his place. His old tube fed semi-auto .22LR that stays by his front door to handle pests in the yard, and that he's had and shot since he was a kid has fired its last round without some serious gunsmithing (the feed ramp is so eroded it won't load anything anymore). I thought about getting him a Ruger 10/22, one was within budget, but he's a southpaw and Ruger doesn't make 'em for southpaws that I could find, so I went with this instead. I hope it'll serve him well. (and that scope is coming off and the red dot I bought him during the summer is going on)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 am

love it all! :clap:
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Just cashed in a $150 gift certificate I had for optics planet...

Picked up a barrel for my AR10 .308 build for less than $30: Faxon pencil profile barrel on sale for $198 with my 10% military discount + 11% off anything this weekend with the BLFR code, and of course the gift certificate.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Just picked up the Savage 64 FXP (see my previous post) from my LGS. I may have to get one of these for myself...
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:25 am

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm

800 rounds of this stuff:

And one of these:

Should be enough to break in that new .22 I giving my buddy as a gift. He may even let me take a shot or two. :awesome:

GhostOfTerra

Post by GhostOfTerra » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Cz75 sp-01 Phantom.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:26 pm

I completely forgot to post this here, but I picked up a Del-Ton AR-15 earlier this month.

I also picked up a new set of Magpul furniture for it since I disliked the standard M4 stuff it came with.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I completely forgot to post this here, but I picked up a Del-Ton AR-15 earlier this month. I also picked up a new set of Magpul furniture for it since I disliked the standard M4 stuff it came with.
Pics? (sad puppy dog eyes emoji)

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I completely forgot to post this here, but I picked up a Del-Ton AR-15 earlier this month. I also picked up a new set of Magpul furniture for it since I disliked the standard M4 stuff it came with.
I no longer have a Photobucket account, but I can probably send you some via a text or something.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:37 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
I no longer have a Photobucket account, but I can probably send you some via a text or something.
For some reason, I can't do pics in a text.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
For some reason, I can't do pics in a text.
Well, there goes that idea then.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
You could post the link to the pic, where it could be viewed on the PB site.Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
You could post the link to the pic, where it could be viewed on the PB site.Image
If I wouldn't have deleted my account with Photobucket, I could've done that.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:40 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Imgur is a thing. An easy to use thing. Just sayin'...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:54 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Imgur is a thing. An easy to use thing. Just sayin'...
I'll check them out, KJ4. Thanks.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Kel Tec PLR-16, to go with my SU-16, SU-22, and PLR-22

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”