It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7093 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 am 

RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:
Wife wanted some guns we could both shoot, so I picked up a Ruger 10/22 and a SP101.

Which model of SP101?

5719, 3" barrel.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm 

roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:
Wife wanted some guns we could both shoot, so I picked up a Ruger 10/22 and a SP101.

Which model of SP101?

5719, 3" barrel.

A SP101 in 327 is going to Be my "old man" gun. 'Cuz every mean old codger needs a 32 revolver of some sort. 32 is the old man caliber

OT: 2 boxes of Sierra .257 cal 117 gr Boat tails. 25-06 is the new old new hotness.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:27 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:

Which model of SP101?

5719, 3" barrel.

Gotcha...I wasn't sure if you got a .22 model to go along with the 10/22. I've been debating between a 4" .22LR SP101 or the 4" .22LR GP100.

I had a 3" Sp101, but it was the .327 mag model. Good little revolver with just enough heft.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
roOism wrote:

Which model of SP101?

5719, 3" barrel.

Gotcha...I wasn't sure if you got a .22 model to go along with the 10/22. I've been debating between a 4" .22LR SP101 or the 4" .22LR GP100.

I had a 3" Sp101, but it was the .327 mag model. Good little revolver with just enough heft.

My mom & little sister both have the same model (.357) and it's a great gun at the range shooting .38 special, first time I shot it I tore one ragged hole at 30 feet with all 5 shots, and I'm not an amazing shooter. I've been jonesing for a revolver, and I take regular walkabouts in the local wilderness and wanted something with enough oomph to take down the local fauna if needed, but also something my wife could handle at the range.

OT: Sort of bought a Sig716 Patrol FDE, I don't have it in hand yet but it is mine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 pm 

Just came home with a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (Mica Bronze).

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... AULT-l.jpg

http://www.firearmsguide.com/images/new ... estock.jpg

Very nice. The stock color has some texture to it, not just a "flat" one-color. I've been wanting a takedown but the $300+ price tag seemed a bit more than what I wanted to spend. Found an incredible deal online for $250 (price has gone up significantly since my purchase). Seems like a very solidly put together gun, while at the same time feeling light and handy. The bag is no joke either, they put some effort into it... not just a throwaway accessory. Not really a backpack, but it does come with a single shoulder sling. This will be a lot of fun for plinking. Not very "ninja tactical" but great for practicing rifle marksmanship skills and light/handy to pack along on camping excursions.

Also I spotted a terrific deal at one of our local stores for 38 Special +P Win Ranger 500 rd case price of $160. Can't beat that at any of the sources I checked. We don't go through a lot of .38 but it's nice to introduce new shooters to centerfire revolvers.

Got a screaming deal on 250 round cases of 00 buck so I got 2 of those as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:47 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Neville wrote:

Very nice. The stock color has some texture to it, not just a "flat" one-color. I've been wanting a takedown but the $300+ price tag seemed a bit more than what I wanted to spend. Found an incredible deal online for $250 (price has gone up significantly since my purchase). Seems like a very solidly put together gun, while at the same time feeling light and handy. The bag is no joke either, they put some effort into it... not just a throwaway accessory. Not really a backpack, but it does come with a single shoulder sling. This will be a lot of fun for plinking. Not very "ninja tactical" but great for practicing rifle marksmanship skills and light/handy to pack along on camping excursions.

Also I spotted a terrific deal at one of our local stores for 38 Special +P Win Ranger 500 rd case price of $160. Can't beat that at any of the sources I checked. We don't go through a lot of .38 but it's nice to introduce new shooters to centerfire revolvers.

Right on. I have been thinking about a take-down 10/22. I think it is time for me to sell my target model. I have had it for 6 years or so & it is still NIB.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Neville wrote:

Nice job!

I picked one up when they first came out and like it quite a lot... Wish I’d waited for the threaded barrel option though, and that cool bronze model you scored with a nice useable pack to boot!

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:
... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:
... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am 

Savage 40061 64 FXP with Scope LH Semi-Auto 22 LR 21" 10+1 Synthetic Black Stk Blued as a Christmas gift for my buddy who lets me shoot at his place. His old tube fed semi-auto .22LR that stays by his front door to handle pests in the yard, and that he's had and shot since he was a kid has fired its last round without some serious gunsmithing (the feed ramp is so eroded it won't load anything anymore). I thought about getting him a Ruger 10/22, one was within budget, but he's a southpaw and Ruger doesn't make 'em for southpaws that I could find, so I went with this instead. I hope it'll serve him well. (and that scope is coming off and the red dot I bought him during the summer is going on)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 am 

love it all! :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Just cashed in a $150 gift certificate I had for optics planet...

Picked up a barrel for my AR10 .308 build for less than $30: Faxon pencil profile barrel on sale for $198 with my 10% military discount + 11% off anything this weekend with the BLFR code, and of course the gift certificate.

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:
... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:
... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm 

Just picked up the Savage 64 FXP (see my previous post) from my LGS. I may have to get one of these for myself...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:25 am 

Moriariti Armaments handguard
https://moriartiarmaments.com/ar-10-.308-6.5-cm/upper-parts/handguards/ar-10-.308-12-free-float-quadrail-handguard-with-barrel-nut-hg12-308-12?sort=p.price&order=ASC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm 

800 rounds of this stuff:

And one of these:

Should be enough to break in that new .22 I giving my buddy as a gift. He may even let me take a shot or two. :awesome:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7093 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296