Meet Nellie

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Big and Daft

Re: Meet Nellie

Post by Big and Daft » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:32 pm

TC wrote:
Big and Daft wrote:Yes, £75 - he has a few single barrel shotguns for £15-£40. But this is a SxS 12g, I think i'll be going back sometime this week and i'll see if its still there... I'll report back :D
£15??? Where is this shop!?!?!
Its the Bury Gunroom, in Bury of course. I think the single barrel shotguns are either 12g or 20g and non-ejector, not in the best of condition. But they cost £15 and are in proof and will work. He also sells plenty of more expensive shotguns, rifles and a very nice Rogers & Spencer black powder revolver in .44 I was fondling the other day - it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Sheol151

Post by Sheol151 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 pm

No i was saying MAKE a SBS.

siglite
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by siglite » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 pm

I have to tell you. I've never in my life been a fan of over-unders or side-by-sides. Pumps and autos out there give you ammo capacity, and I've always felt the double barrels have been outmoded. But. I have to say, that's one attractive shottie. I'd own one of those.
VP - WVCDL http://www.wvcdl.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://wv2a.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thorian

Post by thorian » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Sheol151 wrote:No i was saying MAKE a SBS.
The Gunsmith out here wont cut down a chrome lined barrel. They say if you want to pay someone to screw up your gun take it elsewhere. Leave it alone especally since that sxs with the 20"s is still about 6 inches shorter then any pump out there with 18" not to mention that then you would have to have it re bored for chokes (if cutting the barrels didn't screw it up) and the taxes etc. etc.

Mine had a 22" barrel and it was still 6" shorter then my franchi with an 18"
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 pm

This thing is short and handy enough as is , believe me.

Like I said , I want to get an action job as it is still pretty stiff, and Coyote Cap does a modification that actually allows the action to be opened slightly wider . That along with polished chambers aught to make this thing shuck shells pretty damn fast.

I'll probably do the stock and recoil pad this winter , and am probably gonna buy the shell holder at the end of the week.

:D
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

chirps0331

Post by chirps0331 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Damn, that sure is sexy...
I've always loved DBs, I just wish I could get my wife to love them...

lefty

Post by lefty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:09 pm

good looking gun.
Everything you really need to know can be learned from old westerns. Ride tall, speak the truth and shoot straight.

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Thats a really beautiful shotgun.

SeaTea1967
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Shaun of the Dead
Planet Terror

Post by SeaTea1967 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Yeah, at the risk of being a "me too", I'd have to say that's one of the best-looking side-by-sides I've ever seen.

Absolutely LOVE it.
"The world's a tough and dangerous place and always has been. There's no reason to re-upholster the inside of your trousers and vote like a moron every time they say 'BOO'." - PSA

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 am

thorian wrote:
Sheol151 wrote:No i was saying MAKE a SBS.
The Gunsmith out here wont cut down a chrome lined barrel. They say if you want to pay someone to screw up your gun take it elsewhere. Leave it alone especally since that sxs with the 20"s is still about 6 inches shorter then any pump out there with 18" not to mention that then you would have to have it re bored for chokes (if cutting the barrels didn't screw it up) and the taxes etc. etc.

Mine had a 22" barrel and it was still 6" shorter then my franchi with an 18"

You make a good point people seldom seem to realize. The break actions allow for far longer barrels for the same size package.

Very shiny man. Very shiny indeed.
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”