Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Bear_B

Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Bear_B » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:45 am

Saw this flick last Wed, and LOVED it. Of course you have to suspend belief in ANYTHING you know or think you know about firearms... but hey, its Hollywood right?

Anyways... this film seemed to have a representative of every firearms maker from Beretta to Magnum Research to HK... anyone care to try and take a stab at identifying the various guns used by the characters in the film?

Brad
Favorite Zombie Movies: The [i]of the Dead Series[/i], [i]Shaun of the Dead[/i].

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Brad » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:48 am

1911 is in there at some point, I believe.
Underage but armed.

El Charro
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead.

Post by El Charro » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Tierra Y Libertad!
Mexicano Hastal La Madre yo orgulloso de ello estoy
El que quiera ser mi amigo mi mano le brindo yo
Pero si quieren problemas a sus ordenes estoy

Firedan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend

Post by Firedan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

WAIT, WHAT! NO GLOCKS.... NO SIGS!!!!! What kind of freak show is this movie! ;)
Regards,

Dan

mr. right-wing

Post by mr. right-wing » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Firedan wrote:WAIT, WHAT! NO GLOCKS.... NO SIGS!!!!! What kind of freak show is this movie! ;)
Preach on preacher!
R.I.P HK33K

Ovationman

Post by Ovationman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Very cool link thanks.

killswitch1982
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead

Post by killswitch1982 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:25 pm

killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

You are correct. The massive upswing of sword violence in the early 2000s due to the popularity of the Lord Of The Rings movies must not be repeated.

Dumbasses will always find something stupid to do, if not this than something else stupid. If someone is so messed up that they can not tell fantasy from reality simply stopping them from seeing movies is not going to help.

As far as the "libtards" go all I can say is that these people are who they are and are going to continue to do what they are doing, silly movies or no.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

ant69
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days

Post by ant69 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Ther are far too many pistols missing from that list the JERICHO is the only one on my list of things I will probably never own.

Ant
I have no signature so that I will not offend anyone by exercising my freedom of expression or by bringing to light the follies of the less informed! Thank You. Ant

One Of None
Location: Homebrewing.... Disguise your drinking problem as a hobby!

Post by One Of None » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Kommander wrote:
killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

You are correct. The massive upswing of sword violence in the early 2000s due to the popularity of the Lord Of The Rings movies must not be repeated.

Dumbasses will always find something stupid to do, if not this than something else stupid. If someone is so messed up that they can not tell fantasy from reality simply stopping them from seeing movies is not going to help.

As far as the "libtards" go all I can say is that these people are who they are and are going to continue to do what they are doing, silly movies or no.
I agree 1000% with these two posts , but the political statements will earn you a kick in the nuts on this board. :)
http://www.deadseasonmusic.com/music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click me, crank me, buy me.
Dead Season has bubble gum. But they're still here to kick ass.
Your ass.
squinty wrote:
Sometimes I like it rough, I like the way it kicks me. But I need to have as much in the tube as possible - I'm a big bore capacity whore - so three inchers just won't do it for me.

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 am

glockinmypocket wrote:
Kommander wrote:

I agree 1000% with these two posts , but the political statements will earn you a kick in the nuts on this board. :)
Yep.

Killswitch go check out our rules. We do things a bit differently rule wise than AR15.com.

Firedan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend

Post by Firedan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:52 pm

So I take it there were more guns in the movie than the ones mentioned on the Wiki?
Regards,

Dan

bgnad
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by bgnad » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:22 pm

----8<---- Snipped ----8<----
I like to tell people "almost everything you see in movies on firearms use is a great example of the wrong way to do it"

I find that is seldom wrong.
====================================================================================
Brian "Bubba" Gnad
Zombie Squad Fleet Vehicle ZS-069

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." -Benjamin Franklin

John Ringo's "Black Tide Rising" series is now my favorite Zombie PAW Universe.

Kalvan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead remake

Post by Kalvan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:54 pm

I find that is seldom wrong.
I agree. I tell my students that learning about guns from watching TV & movies is like learning to drive by watching The Dukes of Hazzard.

Darkness88
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/weeks later, DOTD, I am legend, Planet terror, The walking dead

Post by Darkness88 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Firedan wrote:So I take it there were more guns in the movie than the ones mentioned on the Wiki?

well i know at one point near the begining of the movie angelina is using the corner shot.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”