Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Post Reply
User avatar
Bear_B
* * * * *
Posts: 9267
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Jax, FL

Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Bear_B » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:45 am

Saw this flick last Wed, and LOVED it. Of course you have to suspend belief in ANYTHING you know or think you know about firearms... but hey, its Hollywood right?

Anyways... this film seemed to have a representative of every firearms maker from Beretta to Magnum Research to HK... anyone care to try and take a stab at identifying the various guns used by the characters in the film?
Image

Brad
*
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The [i]of the Dead Series[/i], [i]Shaun of the Dead[/i].
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Brad » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:48 am

1911 is in there at some point, I believe.
Underage but armed.

User avatar
El Charro
* * * * *
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead.
Location: Michoacan Carbones!

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by El Charro » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Tierra Y Libertad!
Mexicano Hastal La Madre yo orgulloso de ello estoy
El que quiera ser mi amigo mi mano le brindo yo
Pero si quieren problemas a sus ordenes estoy

User avatar
Firedan
* * * * *
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 6:11 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend
Location: Central NJ, USA

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Firedan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

WAIT, WHAT! NO GLOCKS.... NO SIGS!!!!! What kind of freak show is this movie! ;)
Regards,

Dan


Image

User avatar
mr. right-wing
* * * * *
Posts: 2803
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nv

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by mr. right-wing » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Firedan wrote:WAIT, WHAT! NO GLOCKS.... NO SIGS!!!!! What kind of freak show is this movie! ;)
Preach on preacher!
R.I.P HK33K

Image

User avatar
Ovationman
* * * * *
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: Check VA

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Ovationman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Very cool link thanks.

User avatar
killswitch1982
*
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:17 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Salt Lake County, Utah
Contact:

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by killswitch1982 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

User avatar
Kommander
* * * * *
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Kommander » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:25 pm

killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

You are correct. The massive upswing of sword violence in the early 2000s due to the popularity of the Lord Of The Rings movies must not be repeated.

Dumbasses will always find something stupid to do, if not this than something else stupid. If someone is so messed up that they can not tell fantasy from reality simply stopping them from seeing movies is not going to help.

As far as the "libtards" go all I can say is that these people are who they are and are going to continue to do what they are doing, silly movies or no.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User avatar
ant69
* * * *
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:31 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days
Location: PNW

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by ant69 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Ther are far too many pistols missing from that list the JERICHO is the only one on my list of things I will probably never own.

Ant
I have no signature so that I will not offend anyone by exercising my freedom of expression or by bringing to light the follies of the less informed! Thank You. Ant

User avatar
One Of None
* * * * *
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Homebrewing.... Disguise your drinking problem as a hobby!

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by One Of None » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Kommander wrote:
killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

You are correct. The massive upswing of sword violence in the early 2000s due to the popularity of the Lord Of The Rings movies must not be repeated.

Dumbasses will always find something stupid to do, if not this than something else stupid. If someone is so messed up that they can not tell fantasy from reality simply stopping them from seeing movies is not going to help.

As far as the "libtards" go all I can say is that these people are who they are and are going to continue to do what they are doing, silly movies or no.
I agree 1000% with these two posts , but the political statements will earn you a kick in the nuts on this board. :)
http://www.deadseasonmusic.com/music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click me, crank me, buy me.
Dead Season has bubble gum. But they're still here to kick ass.
Your ass.
squinty wrote:
Sometimes I like it rough, I like the way it kicks me. But I need to have as much in the tube as possible - I'm a big bore capacity whore - so three inchers just won't do it for me.

User avatar
Gunny
* * * * *
Posts: 11095
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Gunny » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 am

glockinmypocket wrote:
Kommander wrote:
killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.

No thanks. Movies like this hurt the image of gun owners because the idiot libtards think that we are all trying to do this kinda stuff, and the morons who think everything they see on screen is real will actually try this shit.

You are correct. The massive upswing of sword violence in the early 2000s due to the popularity of the Lord Of The Rings movies must not be repeated.

Dumbasses will always find something stupid to do, if not this than something else stupid. If someone is so messed up that they can not tell fantasy from reality simply stopping them from seeing movies is not going to help.

As far as the "libtards" go all I can say is that these people are who they are and are going to continue to do what they are doing, silly movies or no.
I agree 1000% with these two posts , but the political statements will earn you a kick in the nuts on this board. :)
Yep.

Killswitch go check out our rules. We do things a bit differently rule wise than AR15.com.

User avatar
Firedan
* * * * *
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 6:11 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend
Location: Central NJ, USA

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Firedan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:52 pm

So I take it there were more guns in the movie than the ones mentioned on the Wiki?
Regards,

Dan


Image

User avatar
bgnad
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK.
Contact:

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by bgnad » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:22 pm

killswitch1982 wrote:Looks like pure Hollywood bullshit to me. I wonder how many people are going to cause serious damage because they want to try "swerving" a bullet.
----8<---- Snipped ----8<----
I like to tell people "almost everything you see in movies on firearms use is a great example of the wrong way to do it"

I find that is seldom wrong.
====================================================================================
Brian "Bubba" Gnad
Zombie Squad Fleet Vehicle ZS-069

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." -Benjamin Franklin

John Ringo's "Black Tide Rising" series is now my favorite Zombie PAW Universe.

Kalvan
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead remake

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Kalvan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:54 pm

I find that is seldom wrong.
I agree. I tell my students that learning about guns from watching TV & movies is like learning to drive by watching The Dukes of Hazzard.

Darkness88
*
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:35 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/weeks later, DOTD, I am legend, Planet terror, The walking dead
Location: Maryland

Re: Identifying the guns of "WANTED" (the movie)

Post by Darkness88 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Firedan wrote:So I take it there were more guns in the movie than the ones mentioned on the Wiki?

well i know at one point near the begining of the movie angelina is using the corner shot.

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”