Blackwater SIG

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

budthachud

Blackwater SIG

Post by budthachud » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I did search, and didn't find what I was looking for. Anyway, I've got a line on a good deal on the BW P226 (roughly $850, comes w/ 5 Mags & 2 sets of stocks), and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I've never actually fired a P226, I stick mostly to my Glocks, but this is a VERY nice looking/feeling pistol, and I haven't found anyone who doesn't like them. Only thing is, I could get two new Glocks for the price (I know, you think I'm lying about 2 Glocks for 850, but if you live in the CO/SD/WY area and are active duty mil/LEO, PM me). I'm not crazy about advertising for Blackwater, but still. Anyway, if someone has one/knows someone, please let me know.
thanks,
Matt
I didn't make a sig yet.

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:54 pm

i dont see why you should pay extra to have blackwater on your gun ( not an attractive quality to me)

in a defensive shooting, you could be painted as a SOF wanna be
in a ZPAW you could become the target of a vandetta (Jericho and RavenWood situation come to mind)

plus its just more damn money. though a sig is worth almost anyprice. great guns. looking into getting one aswell.
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

ArmyOfDarkness

Post by ArmyOfDarkness » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:02 pm

I just like to say shame on black water for protecting U.S. diplomats.
Last edited by ArmyOfDarkness on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people were meant to be 911, others were meant to call 911" Ilerio P.

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:15 pm

i got nothing against them. i just try not to present myself as a member of something im not.... except my bomb squad shirt. cause its hilarious "Bomb Squad. If you see us running. try and keep up."

Firedan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend

Post by Firedan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 pm

The Blackwater does have some features not usually found on a traditional 226. The extended beavertail grip allows you get a much higher grip on the gun. It also features front cocking serrations which many shooters find to be a big plus. The grip angle on the Sig line of guns is, in my opinion, one of the best in the firearms industry. I can pick up any Sig and naturally point and be on target. The trigger is smooth double action and just plain awesome in single. The bulk of the added cost is the walnut grips and the extra mags as both can be expensive. A Blackwater 226 is a great package. If you've got a good lead on one, take it.

Buying a Blackwater edition 226 does not necessarily mean you are a blackwater wanna be or gung ho for their politics - It just means you have nice tastein hand guns. :)

Honestly, I believe it was designed to attract people who had enrolled in Blackwater's basic pistol course. I think five mags, night sites, full sized duty weapon, etc are part of the requirements for one of their courses.
Regards,

Dan

Gunfighter1

Post by Gunfighter1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:47 pm

ArmyOfDarkness wrote:I just like to say shame on black water for protecting U.S. diplomats.
Youre a tool.
"If some asshole starts to think hes Charles Bronson break his nose with the butt of your gun"
Mr. White

Kentucky J
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Kentucky J » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:53 pm

I got a chance to go down to their HQ in Moyock, NC, for training a couple of years ago. If you ever get the chance, take it. Top notch instructors and good people all around. Fun kill-houses. They have a nice little DFAC to top it off. :D

Valekhai

Post by Valekhai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Gugnir wrote:I got a chance to go down to their HQ in Moyock, NC, for training a couple of years ago. If you ever get the chance, take it. Top notch instructors and good people all around. Fun kill-houses. They have a nice little DFAC to top it off. :D
Their Blackwater North facility is just outside of the town where I went to high school. I think it would be great to take one of their courses sometime, and hopefully piss off some of the locals in the process.
I'm guarding the hooooouuuuuse.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Valekhai wrote:hopefully piss off some of the locals in the process.
Yeah, because pissing off the locals is such a worthwhile goal. :roll:

Mostly not here anymore.

IllTemperedCur

Post by IllTemperedCur » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm

dogbane wrote:

Dad?
"Are you bringing in any weapons?"
"Of course not!"
"You're not changing anything."

Valekhai

Post by Valekhai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 pm

dogbane wrote:
'Twere a joke, my friend. I just hate that town.
Besides, it wouldn't matter. The people who actually live in the town don't seem to care about Blackwater's presence. It's the people from neighboring (read 50 miles away) college town that have protested.
I'm guarding the hooooouuuuuse.

Kentucky J
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Kentucky J » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Edited for making dick-esque remark. Sorry guys! :oops:

Edited again for spelling. :wink:
Last edited by Kentucky J on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SweetTea
Favorite Zombie Movies: I kick it old school: NOtLD

Post by SweetTea » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 pm

ArmyOfDarkness wrote:I just like to say shame on black water for protecting U.S. diplomats.
Gugnir wrote:I ♣ protesters. Sorry, you can have this thread back now. :D
Guys. Seriously.
amd2800barton wrote:
LakotaJones wrote:Holy shit. I always thought Sweet Tea was a girl...
actually so did I. Didn't want to be the first one to say anything :P

REB 27

Post by REB 27 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Bud, get the BW P-226. I had one for years, a standard P-226, that was a great pistola that I wish I had back. The 226s are excellent weapons. I don't know if they are twice the weapon that a GLOCK is, but they are very nice.
F***, I hate clowns!

Chevron seven, locked!

mr. right-wing

Post by mr. right-wing » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:16 pm

I have nothing to say but:

R.I.P HK33K

budthachud

Post by budthachud » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm still a little up in the air, but I'm leaning toward getting it. w/ the extra mags/grips, it's as good a deal as I could get around here on a standard p226. I think I've got enough Glocks for the time being (although probably not for long...) I do appreciate the input, and yeah, I'm not crazy about advertising (sorta) for BW, but at the moment no one I know is going think I'm a merc since I'm active duty :) I don't really mind If someone sees it and thinks I'm a poseur, since, like I said, it's a very nice gun.
-Matt
I didn't make a sig yet.

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:21 am

Gunfighter1 wrote:
Youre a tool.
Gunfighter1 go read our rules, specifically the 'no flaming' one.

Armyofdarkness: explain to me in PM what your on about.

mr.trooper

Post by mr.trooper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 am

Despite the accessories, its still fundamentally a P226. I had a Sig for a while. It was a great gun, but hardly "worth almost any price". :roll: plenty of other guns that are just as good.

I'm normally nice about these things, but this time I'm going to have to ask you to wise up and stop being such a mall ninja.

J/K! :lol:
Alcoholic Fudd

YouTube Channel

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:23 pm

mr.trooper wrote:Despite the accessories, its still fundamentally a P226. I had a Sig for a while. It was a great gun, but hardly "worth almost any price". :roll: plenty of other guns that are just as good.

I'm normally nice about these things, but this time I'm going to have to ask you to wise up and stop being such a mall ninja.

J/K! :lol:
im not sure what you thought was the joke. but i certainly don't see it.

it the whole post was a "joke" as in you support Sig. then fine else wise please, let me know where along the line you can possible see me as a "mall ninja"

i repeatedly said i wouldnt parade around as something im not. im a champion of software over hardware. i dont own or support anything "tactical" "elite" or the likes.

iv shot sigs. i liked them. i like them far better than any glock/XD/ or S+W. compared to those. a sig is worth any price. want to know why sig can get 700$ for a gun? because glock gets 500$. to me sig has a better product thats well worth a higher price.

PanterA1994

Post by PanterA1994 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 am

I picked one up about a year ago. In my opinion, it's just a package deal. There's nothing really different about it. It does come with five mags, night sights, and a set of wood grips. I changed the wood grips because they may the pistol feel to thick. The main thing to remember is, it's just a dressed up 226, it shoots just the same as my other Sigs.

Obiwan
BANNED

Post by Obiwan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:44 am

I have zero use for any DA handgun

But if you like the features and the price.....who cares what it says on the weapon :?
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)

jptp0831

Post by jptp0831 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Gunfighter1 +1
For the record More than one forum member has worked for BW! Some of us still do.
ZS Fleet ZS0017 & ZS0024
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ArmyOfDarkness

Post by ArmyOfDarkness » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Just for the record I was being sarcastic.
"Some people were meant to be 911, others were meant to call 911" Ilerio P.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:53 am

ArmyOfDarkness wrote:Just for the record I was being sarcastic.
I figgered that. Not sure why nobody else caught it.
Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”