Really long Glock barrel...

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Wolfhvnter

Really long Glock barrel...

Post by Wolfhvnter » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:27 pm

I've been looking for an 8+ inch G19 barrel for a project i'm putting together to no avail. Anyone have any links?
naegling62 wrote:Well the only thing I can say is that I have a Carcano and that design is so bad it does lend to the idea of a 2nd shooter.

boondoggie

Post by boondoggie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:45 pm

I have personally never seen anyone offering an 8" barrel for a Glock. However, I have seen this:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4855

I suppose you could always cut it down to the desired length and re-crown the muzzle.

Having said that, depending on the type of ‘project’ you are attempting, be aware that adding a forward grip or stock could classify you as an AOW.

Wolfhvnter

Post by Wolfhvnter » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 pm

boondoggie wrote:I have personally never seen anyone offering an 8" barrel for a Glock. However, I have seen this:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4855

I suppose you could always cut it down to the desired length and re-crown the muzzle.

Having said that, depending on the type of ‘project’ you are attempting, be aware that adding a forward grip or stock could classify you as an AOW.

Thanks for the link.

Actually, it is indeed for an AOW project.

Adding a stock, though, would make it an SBR.
naegling62 wrote:Well the only thing I can say is that I have a Carcano and that design is so bad it does lend to the idea of a 2nd shooter.

Wolfhvnter

Post by Wolfhvnter » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:55 pm

To elaborate: We're going to attemp a built that uses a glock upper and a lower of my design that places the mag behing the trigger mech. I'm currently in the process of AutoCAD-ing the lower, one variant has an integrated foregrip, hence, this might end up being an AOW project depending on what we finally decide on when (or if, depending) it comes time to machine. The other person involved with the project is in the process of getting some 9mm-to-.224 sabots together.

Should make for an interesting PDW.

boondoggie

Post by boondoggie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:03 pm

You are right and I stand corrected.

Interesting concept. I would love to see the end results. Please keep us posted.

AwPhuch

Post by AwPhuch » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 pm

HOLY HELL...a 16" barrel for a pistol...whoah!!
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Should be a convenience store, not a Governmental entity
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

BHP

Post by BHP » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:30 pm

As a type 07/02 FFL I would be interested in what you have planned. Especially if you will be using a glock type fire control group (as a type 07/02 we could build it select fire).

Wolfhvnter

Post by Wolfhvnter » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:49 pm

BHP wrote:As a type 07/02 FFL I would be interested in what you have planned. Especially if you will be using a glock type fire control group (as a type 07/02 we could build it select fire).

I'll be sure to keep you posted, I'm sure we could work something out.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Since the sight radius wouldn't be extended, and the sights are still slide mounted, and not barrel mounted, would you really get that much more accuracy from the 16"?
I'd like to see some iron sights dovetailed into that long barrel. :)
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”