Taurus = Fuck the fucking fuckers...

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

bigmattdaddywack
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the dead, dawn of the dead, 28 days later,Hide and Creep, Night of the living dead, Undead, Return of the Living Dead.
Not truly zombie movies but, Evil Dead I and II, Army of darkness

Re: Taurus = Fuck the fucking fuckers...

Post by bigmattdaddywack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm

After reading all this I don't think I will get another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejd2rsXoQSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Bear_B wrote:
Some people get the lemons, some don't. It is typically as simple as that.
The "lemon" theory I'd buy ... if it was fixed after I sent it in... but 4x sending it in, and getting it back each time WORSE than when I sent it in... with the wrong barrel on it... wet and showing signs of corrosion... sorry, but that goes WAY beyond the whole "lemon" idea.
Oddly enough, in some State's whose Lemon Laws apply to more than just cars. Sending something in for repair 4 or more times in a given period of time is the definition of a Lemon.
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

Beefy_Stew_Menu_9

Post by Beefy_Stew_Menu_9 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 pm

I am sure you have read things like this before but I would like to verify. Basically, I was looking for a good .22 lr revolver some time ago. Taurus seemed like a sure thing being do to the fact that they have some reputation in the gun world and their prices are not so bad. I looked at many models and researched them to death online and all I can say is that everyone on "the high road" and other sites stated the same thing as you- "light primer strikes". However, I did not expect that kind of shit customer service that you experienced. I have had many lemon weapons and all I can say is that it does not feel good.

JeffLrrp
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later

Re:

Post by JeffLrrp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

There's a lot of good info in this thread.

Fuck Taurus. They'll never get any of my or my fellow family members/friends who are shooters' money.

And oh btw . . . .
Cymro wrote:
czechnology wrote:
Cymro wrote: I totally heart you, in a manly, heterosexual, secure way, of course.
S I G G E D !!!
Cymro wrote:
czechnology wrote: I totally heart you, in a manly, heterosexual, secure way, of course.

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Slight necro;
I ran the clubs pistol training tonight, and had special focus on one-handed shooting. When we switched over to weak hand, on of the newer members(although he's been shooting pistol for several years in another club) got some trouble with his "Beretta-ish" gun. He got a FTE with a empty case stuck in the chamber, and we both had to give it a go to get it out. I diagnosed it to limpwristing, and told him to finish off, but with a better grip. Got of one shot, the case ejected, but the slide froze solid again.

This time around there was no way of wiggling it out, and after a while I had to have another shooter run the rest of the shooting session, while I brought the gun to the safety zone to open it up(so that I could be 100% sure that the gun was unloaded).
Found out that it wasn't a Beretta 92, but a Taurus PT99, and after a bit of scrutinizing we found that the locking mechanism(or whatever it's called on this weapon system) had broken in two. Had a hell of a time parting the slide from the frame, but managed to with the use of 4 hands and my trusty Leatherman :D

Took some pictures of the offending (MIM)part and announced that I would post them in this thread. The owner wanted me to mention that he had bought the gun new in -92, and hadn't had any trouble with it before(I dunno how many rounds has shot trough it in that time though, could be 1000 or 10000). I still don't want a PT though...

Cellphone pics:
Last edited by Makarov on Thu May 13, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Bomber13

Post by Bomber13 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:01 am

Sucks for everyone who had problems, but my 24/7 .45 has been perfect.

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:06 pm

I had someone come in and ask me about taurus's quality the other day. I wish I had a print out of your entire experience to hand them.

Stumpgrinder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, The Signal

Post by Stumpgrinder » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:02 pm

I purchased a Glock 26 this weekend, you know; cause the 19 needed a little brother. This gentleman came into the store and asked if they stocked Taurus mags. The guy behind the counter stated that they have banned all Taurus products from their store, "don't even carry a Taurus in here".

Unacustomed to this highly refined gun-snobbery, the gentleman left without saying a word (you learn to get used to it if you want to take advantage of their great prices).

As we were ringing up my new combat Tupperware, the clerk told me that the owner was sick and tired of being the go between for his customers, and taurus' customer service. He no longer has anything to do with them.

Besides my buddy's .45 that absolutely refuses to eject spent casings, this was my first real life "Taurus gargles balls" sighting. Have to say it left an impression.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:We'll get by.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 pm

GeneralDiscontent wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
The thing is, they're really not that cheap anymore - I was just browsing through my local shop's circular, and the cheapest semi-autos in the ad were the Ruger SR9 & P95 and the S&W Sigma. For revolvers, you can get a S&W Airweight for about $40 more than a Taurus, and for a 1911 pattern Springfield Armory has several models that are cheaper than Taurus. Judging from the scuttlebutt I've seen in this thread & elsewhere, I'd go with any of those before Taurus. (FWIW, I'm not bashing Taurus out-of-hand - one of my next purchases will be a Judge as a snake gun / range toy. But if a n00b on a budget asked what to buy cheap as their first & only gun, I think I'd recommend any of the above before a Taurus).
I agree with this statement. At the gun show last weekend there were Rugers and S&W at prices lower than Taurus. There were several shops selling S&W Sigmas @ $299. A much better bet than a Taurus.

xLionx

Post by xLionx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:44 am

I got a PT1911, and I ordered extra parts last year to switch calibers and after dealing with their customer service I was ready to never buy another taurus. ever . but my pistol runs fine in both 45acp and 38 super and I really want a matching 1911 to go with the one I have. It has a rail and I like the beefer design of their pistol rail and they are about the only ones that use that rail design so if I want a matching pistol then it'll have to be another taurus. Their stuff is good enough and cheap enough to get another so I when I finally get more pistol money(not the ammo, mags, accessory money I've been having) I'll probably get the pistol I've been eyeballing even tho it's a fraternal twin not of a identical twin to the pistol I have

moral of the story fuck their CS, and of all the times I called(more then I can count on 1 hand) trying to order spare parts only one person didn't act like a moron and the connection allways sucked

VooDooDoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, 28 weeks, Dawn of the Dead, Zombie, Zombie Strippers, Resident Evil...

Post by VooDooDoo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:24 pm

A friend bought a PT-22 after firing my Baretta 21A bobcat. They may look similar... but the Taurus was a piece of crap. Slightly larger and DA only. The PT-22 my friend bought had plastic black/blue grips. The right grip panel cracked while firing the second magazine (2nd shot). We called Taurus for a replacement grip panel and they would NOT send one. They wanted my bud to send in his gun and didn't pay for the shipping (for a gun he shot less than a dozen CCI Stingers through). 8 weeks later, the gun is shipped back. We loaded up several magazines and it happens again... this time during the first magazine and 3rd round. The right grip panel cracks and because the grip holds some of the guts in place, the gun was again, non-functional. A call was made to Taurus CS and they pretty much told us to buy aftermarket grips... or send the gun back in. My friend told them to go FUCK THEMSELVES and went out and bought Pearce rubber grips for his PT22. He sold it for a loss at the next gun show.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm with the OP on this.... FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!

Taurus will NEVER get any money from me or my friends, and will NEVER be recommended to anyone who asks.... unless of course we know they are fucking fuckers too.
donjulio wrote:And honestly, I've thought about it and I can't come up with a better word for you than dick. You are acting like a dick. If you act like a dick, don't be surprised when someone calls you a dick. Dick.

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 am

Just a little chime but I would rate Hi Points and Kel Tec above Taurus. Kel Tec is well above and even to the standards of other gun makers such as Glock, they're innovative, good QC and CC from what I've heard and half of their guns don't break the bank. Hi point is rated above Taurus only because IF they blow up in your hand they'll still replace it or fix it. I mean I know that's not good that they can/will blow up but atleast they make it right. A hell of a lot better than what you went through. Plus their carbines aren't bad for what they are, but Kels sub 2000s are better.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

If a gun blew up in your hand, why would you want another one exactly like it? :|

That's hardly a reason to give them a "+1"

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 am

JamesCannon wrote:If a gun blew up in your hand, why would you want another one exactly like it? :|

Hi-Point: We rape you, but with lube.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:37 am

Jeriah wrote:
JamesCannon wrote:If a gun blew up in your hand, why would you want another one exactly like it? :|

Hi-Point: We rape you, but with lube.
That's considerate of them...

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 am

To me shity product with great CS and fast replacement is better, not by much, but still better than semi decent product, depends on the gun than the worst possible CS I can think of. I think It's the less of the two evils.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

Zdeno
BANNED

Post by Zdeno » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Taurus
-Terrible
-Ass
-Unnerving
-Retards
&
-Unreliabe
-Service

Wopasaurus
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later

Post by Wopasaurus » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 am

PRAY FOR Z-DAY

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 am

Serves you right for buying a Taurus revolver... :-p

The PT92 is the only thing from Taurus I'll buy. It's an exact copy of a tried-and-true military pistol that works flawlessly.

Not to mention, I hate revolvers in general. Maybe some people like absorbing the kick with their wrist, instead of using it to chamber another round. I don't. Maybe someone likes the longer loading times, or smaller mag capacity. To each their own.
~Jarrod~

BlueSilkRibbon
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, Walking Dead
Location: Pocono Mountains, North Eastern Pennsylvania (NePa),

Post by BlueSilkRibbon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 am

I had a broken sear on a Thompson Center 50cal Hawken cap and ball. Called them...

Me: Got a broken sear.
Them: Sorry, we are sending a new one out today.
Me: Don't you want to know anything else?
Them: "Sir, our guns are guaranteed for life, period."
Zombie Patrol: It's like neighborhood watch...with Zombies.
http://www.zazzle.com/bluesilkribbon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; all profits go to a no kill animal shelter

You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement.

My Lobo:

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 am

ZapThyCat wrote: The PT92 is the only thing from Taurus I'll buy. It's an exact copy of a tried-and-true military pistol that works flawlessly.
THIS made me lmfao.... Thank you for making my day.... oh goodness.... THAT'S good stuff.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

Biggin wrote:
ZapThyCat wrote: The PT92 is the only thing from Taurus I'll buy. It's an exact copy of a tried-and-true military pistol that works flawlessly.
THIS made me lmfao.... Thank you for making my day.... oh goodness.... THAT'S good stuff.
I had a PT99 that ran like a top. Until I hit about 3k rds. Then it just kinda gave up the ghost with no parts breakage. Just wouldn't run right. Sold it for more that I bought it for and went Glock.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

BlueSilkRibbon wrote:I had a broken sear on a Thompson Center 50cal Hawken cap and ball. Called them...

TC is NOT Taurus.

TC is so far from Taurus I don't even know what this is doing in this post.

The only thing TC and Taurus have in common is one letter.

NXP

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 pm

northernxposure wrote:
BlueSilkRibbon wrote:I had a broken sear on a Thompson Center 50cal Hawken cap and ball. Called them...

TC is NOT Taurus.

TC is so far from Taurus I don't even know what this is doing in this post.

The only thing TC and Taurus have in common is one letter.

NXP
I'm pretty sure he was saying "this is what customer service SHOULD be like"...

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”