Taurus = Fuck the fucking fuckers...

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Bear_B

Taurus = Fuck the fucking fuckers...

Post by Bear_B » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 am

I have, as many folks here know, been a fan of the Taurus lineup of firearms. I have owned several and never had any kind of problems with them, until last weekend.

I bought a BRAND spanking new Taurus .22 Revolver. I thought it was beautiful... stainless, with a 4 inch barrel. The newer version of the one I already have, and the shop had it brand spanking new.

I took it to the range (hell, i only stopped to buy shoot-n-see targets).... and i was not able to get through a single cylinder without at least one failure to fire.

Upon inspecting the cases I noticed that where there should be a nice "dimple" in the rim of the casing there was barely a minor dent... to me this means light strikes by the hammer.

Shit.

So i called taurus to find out what, if any, special instructions they require and to verify that the address in the manual was still the correct address (Im damn well gonna CHECK before i just ship off a gun to an address that may no longer be valid or if the repair center has moved or something).

I called in and got an "operator". She asked how she could direct my call, and I told her I needed to have some warranty work done. She asked me to hold as she punched me through to the customer service rep.

My wait was only about 15 seconds which I thought was a good thing.

The rep answered the phone and here is how the conversation went...

Bear: Hi, I bought a brand new Taurus revolver about two hours ago. (Gave model number here). It seems to be getting light strikes (described problem), and I'd like to send it in to have the problem corrected.

Rep: I hate it when that happens.

(long pause)

Bear: Ok, do you have any special instructons that need to be followed to have this weapon repaired?

Rep: No.

Bear: Can you verify the address where I need to ship it?

Rep: You dont have it?

Bear: I have an address thats in the manual, I just want to verify that its still the correct address.

Rep: It is...

Bear: You wanna hear what that address is before you tell me it is.

Rep: I dont think its changed.

Bear: The address I have is (begins to read it)

Rep: (Cuts in) yeah thats it I think.

Bear: You think?

Rep: No, thats it.

Bear: Ok, I'll send it in this week then.

Rep: Yeah, if thats what you wanna do...

Bear: (wanting very badly to pop off with some smart ass comment about "no, i'll just keep your broke ass gun, it'll be good practice in how to deal with malfunctions, or an expensive paperweight") Ok, thanks for your uhhh.... "help".

Rep: *hangs up*... no "thanks for calling Taurus* or *thanks for being a Taurus customer* or even a fucking *goodbye*... asshole.

I absolutely fucking loathe lousey fucking customer fucking service. If I spend my hard earned fucking cash on your fucking product, I fucking well expect a little fucking courtesy if I fucking have a fucking problem with your fucking product. (/rant off)

This pissed me off to the point where Im damn near ready to trade in/sell every taurus product I have and get on every fucking forum I have a membership to and disuade any continued Taurus pruchases.
Last edited by Bear_B on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LittleLebowski
BANNED

Post by LittleLebowski » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:43 am

Rumor has it that Taurus' warranty work is done in Brazil. Long ways away.
Then we got drunk off boiled-down hairspray and mouthwash, went blind for a couple hours, and tried to shoot holes in the curtain of night to bring the sun back.

Bear_B

Post by Bear_B » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:45 am

Well, the shipping address is in Miami... so if it goes to Brazil from there so be it, as long as they fix the fucking thing.

The problem I am having now is finding the right sized box to ship it in.... guess I'm gonna have to buy one of the expensive ass boxes from the UPS store.

Rus

Post by Rus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:57 am

Well, it could have been worse...

Bear: I've a problem with a pistol of yours I purchased..

HK Rep: Vat?! How did you, a normal human, get von ov our pistolz?!?!

Bear: Huh? I just bought it...

HK Rep: VAT?? VIT DIRTY DIRTY MONEYS???

Bear: ...

HK Rep: Remain Vere you are! Ve vill see to zis!! ( flight of the valkyries plays, helicopters are heard in the distance).

Seriously though, sorry your Taurus isn't up to snuff. You may have gotten a clueless rep on the phone ( don't really know, I've never dealt with them ). I'd certainly hope all their customer service reps aren't as bad.
BethDeath wrote:Ack no! I mean yes but no! Yes to the gun no to the pink. :)
RIP HK33K

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 am

Try calling them again. Maybe you got some noob that didn't know his ass from a firing pin.

I have to call customer service reps of the various companies that manufacture the equipment I repair. Some are very good and know what they are doing, some may not know as much but try very hard or will get someone who does know the answer to my question on the line and some who are just there to answer a phone.

I have the names and extension numbers of the people who know what they are doing or are very helpful right next to the phone number of the company. That way I can call their extension or ask for them personally.

That is really too bad about that whole scenario, Bear. I would definetely write or e mail them at least to let them know about your experience.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

LittleLebowski
BANNED

Post by LittleLebowski » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 am

Rus wrote:Well, it could have been worse...

HK Rep: Remain Vere you are! Ve vill see to zis!! ( flight of the valkyries plays, helicopters are heard in the distance).

Seriously though, sorry your Taurus isn't up to snuff. You may have gotten a clueless rep on the phone ( don't really know, I've never dealt with them ). I'd certainly hope all their customer service reps aren't as bad.
That was the shit :D
Then we got drunk off boiled-down hairspray and mouthwash, went blind for a couple hours, and tried to shoot holes in the curtain of night to bring the sun back.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:17 am

LittleLebowski wrote:
Rus wrote:Well, it could have been worse...

That was the shit :D
hahahahah here's a more realistic scenario for HK support:

Caller: Uhh, my HK isnt cycling right?

Rep: Okay, what agency are you with?

Caller: Err, I'm a private person

Rep: Oh, you need to call someone who gives a shit then. *click*
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:19 am

I'd try Taurus again...

I think that TLR got it right, the rep you got was an idiot. If it happens a second time, I'll buy that other .22 revolver off you.

:wink:

Doc
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:57 am

I posted the below on an other thread. I too had a terrible experience with Taurus. If you ship the pistol back be sure to ship it to the address on the web site with a means to track the package and follow up every step of the journey.

I was told by the service manager during one of many calls that they had just "found" a weeks worth of packages that had not been "processed".

My story in another post in Firearms section:

I bought a Taurus 24/7 in 45acp

I like the trigger pull, single action and the safety. It shoots well and is good firearm. I like it a lot.

The only thing I do not like is the factory. I needed to adjust the rear sight for windage. I tried and tried but could not loosen the allen screw holding it in. I heated up the sight to loosen the lock-tite, brought it to the gunsmith and neither of us could get it loose.

So I sent just the slide back to factory as they instructed. They told me it would 4 to 6 weeks to "fix" it. I called them after week 5 and they said "slide? What slide we did not get a slide". I said the slide that was shipped by DHL and signed for by this person named "so and so". They said well no one name "so and so" works here.

The upshot was they denied receiving the slide basically called me liar. They said they were not responsible for lost shipments. Even though DHL showed it delivered to the correct address. After about 10 days I finally got them to agree to send me a replacement slide albeit with different serial number so my pistol would now be mismatched.

The funny thing was that same day, a package arrived from Taurus with my slide and the sight allen screws loosened. They had the slide the whole time, had done the work and shipped via US mail back to me. I phoned the manager I was dealing with, told what I received and said their system of internal control stunk. He then asked "what was my problem, I got my slide fixed, I had what I wanted so I should just go and have coitus with myself".

So yes I like my Taurus 24/7 but as for a lifetime service guarentee, I am going to throw the pistol away if it needs service again.
Last edited by raptor on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:06 am

raptor wrote:I posted the below on an other thread. I too had a terrible experience with Taurus. If you ship the pistol back be sure to ship it to the address on the web site with a means to track the package and follow up every step of the journey.

I was told the service manager during one call that they had just "found" a weeks worth of packages that had not been "processed".

My story in another post in Firearms section:

I bought a Taurus 24/7 in 45acp

I like the trigger pull, single action and the safety. It shoots well and is good firearm. I like it a lot.

The only thing I do not like is the factory. I needed to adjust the rear sight for windage. I tried and tried but could not loosen the allen screw holding it in. I heated up the sight to loosen the lock-tite, brought it to the gunsmith and neither of us could get it loose.

So I sent just the slide back to factory as they instructed. They told me it would 4 to 6 weeks to "fix" it. I called them after week 5 and they said "slide? What slide we did not get a slide". I said the slide that was shipped by DHL and signed for by this person named "so and so". They said well no one name "so and so" works here.

The upshot was they denied receiving the slide basically called me liar. They said they were not responsible for lost shipments. Even though DHL showed it delivered to the correct address. After about 10 days I finally got them to agree to send me a replacement slide albeit with different serial number so my pistol would now be mismatched.

The funny thing was that same day, a package arrived from Taurus with my slide and the sight allen screws loosened. They had the slide the whole time, had done the work and shipped via US mail back to me. I phoned the manager I was dealing with, told what I received and said their system of internal control stunk. He then asked "what was my problem, I got my slide fixed, I had what I wanted so I should just go and have coitus with myself".

So yes I like my Taurus 24/7 but as for a lifetime service guarentee, I am going to throw the pistol away if it needs service again.

Wow. Seriously, just wow. having worked in customer service a lot in my younger days, that just blows my mind.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Ringo

Post by Ringo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:01 pm

I second calling again. I'm a fan of Taurus as well, but every company has douchewads in CS that don't really care or think that they know better than well-educated customers.

-R.
~* The Mad Cap. *~

100th Post: 7/30/07.
TravisM.1 wrote:You're worried about "too creepy" in a Z-PAW?
My Girlfriend said (about her Toyota Matrix) wrote:..I can't just four-wheel drive this bitch, but its not bad..

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:07 pm

I like my 24/7 and I think Taurus has some good engineers and can build a good product. What they lack is consistency and follow through.

The discussions with the service department in Miami left me with the impressions of a short handed, poorly trained and possibly dysfunctional group.

I would also say their leadership is very poor. I sent a polite letter of complaint to the US Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and agent of service detailing the incident and expressing disappointment in the product service. All via DHL and all were received. To date I have not received even an acknowledgment from any of the 3 people regarding my letter. Not even a canned letter that so many organizations send out saying "sorry for your problem we are working hard to fix the problem".

This lack of customer care in the service group obviously goes all the way to the top of the organization's food chain. I am going to avoid their products in the future and I would advise others to do the same.

It is shame because other than the sight issue I think the 24/7 is an excellent pistol. It loads HP without issues and the grip fits my hand perfectly, the trigger pull is great. I LIKE THE 24/7 PISTOL I BOUGHT! I think they have winner on their hands in the pistol, but a loser in terms of support.
Last edited by raptor on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zombie_mike

Post by zombie_mike » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm

moral of the story..

1. Track your package

2. Every time you talk to a CS rep, get their full name and employee number.

3. Report their asses.
June 26th, 2008---The Day Gun Prohibition Died!
crypto wrote:
rodka wrote: It feels like an orgasm in the hand
So, uh, do you mean it's all sticky, or what?
I prefer pistols that dont feel like they're jizzing on me, thanks.

Cymro
Location: Fayetteville Refugee currently bunkered in Wilmington, NC, USA

Post by Cymro » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:38 pm

+1 on a report, perhaps in writing. You'd be surprized how far a complaint can get, and I hate half-assed customer service like I hate nuts in brownies.
"Young men, beware of murder. It may lead to theft and, from there, to telling lies."
Alphonse Allais

Standing invite to all ZSers: If you're ever down Carolina way, the first round's on me.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Cymro wrote:+1 on a report, perhaps in writing. You'd be surprized how far a complaint can get, and I hate half-assed customer service like I hate nuts in brownies.

Seriously! Who the hell do you think you are "improving" brownies? Fuckin nuts. :evil:
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:16 pm

After hearing about several failures of various Taurus products from customers, and since the only gun that's ever actually broken on me was one of theirs, I'm done. Too many other companies out there who's products don't fail and who's CS doesn't suck to bother with Taurus. I decided a while ago that if there was a Taurus I wanted, I'd get the original gun they copied the design from instead.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cymro
Location: Fayetteville Refugee currently bunkered in Wilmington, NC, USA

Post by Cymro » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:16 pm

czechnology wrote:
Cymro wrote:+1 on a report, perhaps in writing. You'd be surprized how far a complaint can get, and I hate half-assed customer service like I hate nuts in brownies.

Seriously! Who the hell do you think you are "improving" brownies? Fuckin nuts. :evil:
I totally heart you, in a manly, heterosexual, secure way, of course.
"Young men, beware of murder. It may lead to theft and, from there, to telling lies."
Alphonse Allais

Standing invite to all ZSers: If you're ever down Carolina way, the first round's on me.

DeltaUpsilon

Post by DeltaUpsilon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:22 pm

czechnology wrote:

I think we all can agree that SOME people like nuts in brownies but NO ONE likes shitty customer service.

/brownie analogy

R.I.P. Pat, a/k/a HK33k

mzmadmike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by mzmadmike » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:52 pm

If your Tauri break don't throw them out. You can send them to me. I'll give them the attention they deserve :wink:
A LONG TIME UNTIL NOW (paperback edition), Jul 2016 from Baen Books
ANGELEYES, Nov 2016 from Baen Books

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SharpPointyThings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Custom, antique and commercial blades

Shotzee
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks/days
original dotd
house of the dead

Post by Shotzee » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:01 am

On a side note ive had really good experiances with savage.

Some part on my 22 broke, and it seemed that my serial number wasnt in their computer(weird) but the girl was super freindly and shipped me the broken part.

Ladies are always awesome as customer service reps, I find guys just like to be dicks.

sexest? Very.
"Your friend's dead, and Meryn Trant's not, 'cause Trant had armor. And a big fucking sword."- The Hound

Rus

Post by Rus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:08 am

Shotzee wrote:On a side note ive had really good experiances with savage.

Some part on my 22 broke, and it seemed that my serial number wasnt in their computer(weird) but the girl was super freindly and shipped me the broken part.

Ladies are always awesome as customer service reps, I find guys just like to be dicks.

sexest? Very.
So long as you discriminate against straight white males, you're PC. So no worries. :wink:
BethDeath wrote:Ack no! I mean yes but no! Yes to the gun no to the pink. :)
RIP HK33K

Erik

Post by Erik » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:05 am

:shock: Wow, now I know never to buy a Taurus.

-Erik

mzmadmike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by mzmadmike » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:52 am

My only complaint is that they discontinued the 606.
A LONG TIME UNTIL NOW (paperback edition), Jul 2016 from Baen Books
ANGELEYES, Nov 2016 from Baen Books

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SharpPointyThings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Custom, antique and commercial blades

doc66

Post by doc66 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:59 pm

mzmadmike wrote:If your Tauri break don't throw them out. You can send them to me. I'll give them the attention they deserve :wink:
I had first dibs.....

Doc
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”