What I was doing last weekend

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

What I was doing last weekend

Post by Haji » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:17 pm

I was in Vegas last week, and one of the activities I took part in was to get together with my LF bros for a machine gun shoot. Here's a short vid of me with an HK53. Its about the size of an MP5 (there were three MP5's at this shoot, too) but chambered in 5.56mm. Since the sun was going down by this time, the flash hider was removed. Everyone who shot it had exactly the same reaction that I did. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuicH8v9ZOY
Visible in the background, at least a little, are an RPD, M60, and MG 42
Here's a vid of my boy Bounce on the MG42, which shows the belt fed stuff better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j33zqhdv3ew&NR=1
In addition to the stuff in the vid, there were a slew of full auto, suppressed, and full auto suppressed M4's, AK's, a couple AUG's, .45 ACP MAC10, MP5's, a UMP, FNC, and enough ammo, pistols and knives to make Sarah Brady have a heart attack. We also had three coolers full of water, soda and sports drinks, as well as a gas grill for burgers, dogs, and of course, bacon.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:36 pm

Beautiful. The MG looks like an MG34, rather than a 42, from the video: round handguard with circular ventilation holes, as opposed to square handguard with oblong vent holes. Or am I seeing things?

mr. right-wing

Post by mr. right-wing » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:37 pm

And you didnt tell me brother. Im in vegas, what range were you at?
R.I.P HK33K

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Looks fun, man.

Any of you guys headed up here for Knob Creek next weekend?
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

Raven_Thunder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Severed, NOTLD, DOD '04, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Books: Day by Day Armagedon

Post by Raven_Thunder » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:00 pm

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.
In Before the 18 y/o Only Rule, bitchez!
Gone but Never Forgotten: HK33K "Pat"
Makarov wrote: So, you're worst nightmare is waking up in a strange bed, seeing Chuck lying next to you wearing a minuscule thingy, doing a stripe while humming "Sweet child of mine"?

randomusername
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by randomusername » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:27 pm

I'd love to see some gangster try to fire that MP5 sideways one handed... he'd probably hit himself with it before he would his target.

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm

The MG looks like an MG34, rather than a 42
You may be right. I'm not sure. All I know is that its chambered in 8mm and is a heck of a lotta fun to shoot.

It looks like I'll be heading to Knob Creek, but probably only one day. Not sure what our plan is at this point.

mr. right-wing-I'm not really sure. All I know is that it was south of the city, since I wasn't driving I didn't pay much attention.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

Haji

Post by Haji » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Did a little checking. The owner says its an MG42. I think I forgot to mention the M1919, too! Good for deer hunting from a tree stand.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:49 pm

From that pic (nice pic BTW) it's clearly an MG42. It just looked like a 34 to me in the video. :oops:

Man, that's a really nice set of machine guns. Damn!

turan8

Post by turan8 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:27 pm

I used to carry ammo for the MG3 (MG42 in .308) and that thing uses LOTS of ammo. Some Jandarma were given FN Minimi's (similar to M249) and they didn't eat up nearly as much ammo as the MG3....or perhaps it seemed like a lot cause the stuff was so heavy..... :shock:
Local AK expert at your beck and call for all PAW consulting services pertaining to Mr. Kalishinakov's marvelous creation.

Haji

Post by Haji » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:06 pm

The rate of fire on Hitler's Buzzsaw is just ridiculous. Its not the weight of the ammo; its going really, really fast!

One dude owns all the gun in that pic, and more. All I know is that he's a doctor of some sort. :lol:

steve--oh

Post by steve--oh » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:09 am

I wish youtube wasn't such crappy quality, I'd love to see that fireball a little better. Cool vids regardless.

MTechnik

Post by MTechnik » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:42 am

I have some decent hosting... if you have the original source, Haji, I can put it on-line for download.

Just PM me and we can hook it up.

Awesome looking little puffs of flame you could see tho.

-MT
My intelligence insults itself.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”