Weapons of the Future

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Djinn

Weapons of the Future

Post by Djinn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:59 am

Hey all. I was thinking about something I saw on the history channel a while back and thought i'd bring it up here. Let us all hope that if the SHTF....it hits after we have some of the new "toys" being developed by the military. ;) lol. For instance...(I forgot what it was called...tried looking it up online..with little luck) The US military is currently developing a lazer...that attaches to an aircraft...and can shoot (very long range) and pierce the hull of another aircraft...and possibly missiles. Basically...it's a frickin' RAY GUN. :) A big cutting lazer....and that made me think.....you know what'd kick ass? ... Infantry-sized versions of that. Just imagine it.....200 infantry soldiers storming a field...carrying small futuristic-lookin' rifles...Suddenly.....thin cutting beams start stretching out across the field....removing zombie heads. It'd be beautiful. Anywho....

Anyone have an info on other futuristic or "developing" weapons? And websites would be helpful too. We gotta stay up to date about this stuff. ;)
"Sit, Shit, and Get Ready!"

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com

Geist

Post by Geist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:55 am

Here's my personal favorite

But this is badass too.

Geist
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid
--Invictus

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:30 pm

fuck yea thats badass! any info on it though? i'd like to read up on it
Hunter for hire with no plans to retire

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:58 pm

Heh. Isn't that the gun the badguy had in fifth element?
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

-Jason-
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by -Jason- » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:01 pm

Jamoni wrote:Heh. Isn't that the gun the badguy had in fifth element?

Yes. And the other one looks like the H&K G3.

Geist

Post by Geist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:52 pm

Close, its the H&K LMG11. During the Cold War it was H&K's bid to replace the M249. With a full mag (300 rounds) the LMG11 weighs less than an unloaded M249.

Geist
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid
--Invictus

Quasar665

Re: Weapons of the Future

Post by Quasar665 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:54 pm

Djinn wrote: For instance...(I forgot what it was called...tried looking it up online..with little luck) The US military is currently developing a lazer...that attaches to an aircraft...and can shoot (very long range) and pierce the hull of another aircraft...and possibly missiles. Basically...it's a frickin' RAY GUN.
They are a lot farther along on it than the public knows. And it's used from flight to focus on missles in flight to fry their directional systems. It's about a basketball sized dome that is installed in the nose of the aircraft. I remember reading about this in an Air Force trade mag about 5 or so years ago.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:22 pm

I'd be worried about the thing running out of energy to make the electrical spark.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”