Muzzlelite bullpup 10/22

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:33 pm

Reread the thread. I'm aiming for under $30 for my conversion. And if I got an SKS, I'd just have to convert IT to bullpup too, so there. :D
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

ProZombieHunter

Post by ProZombieHunter » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:36 pm

Jamoni needs a TV show. A home-improvement kinda deal.

...Featuring guest spots... And the occasional short film involving little army men...

And not only practical demonstrations of "How-To", but advice for finance when in the face of woman and kid!
If you drop a zombie, does that count as a kill?

...Think about it.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:27 pm

ZETFleader said
You people and your fancy smancy .22 conversions. Why spend another $150.00 to get it rigged out when you can buy a cheap SKS with that money.
I don't want an SKS. I want to trick out my Ruger. So there.
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:55 pm

Whatever floats your boat but a .22 is still a .22 no matter what you put on it.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:01 pm

What the hell is your point, dude?
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:22 am

He has no point. He's pointless. He just wants attention.
http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/Default.aspx
BTW, search these archives, and see how many .22s are used successfully in self defense. :roll:
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:43 pm

hahahaha he is only striving for for attention because he misses his ass hat. that's the problem
Hunter for hire with no plans to retire

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:40 pm

EXCELLENT!

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:52 pm

I'd like to state for the record that the picture I posted is actually of a 10/22 with a converstion not whatever the rifle is from counter-strike.
Sometimes I cry so much I need a poncho.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:11 pm

It's a nice conversion. I've been looking for anything I can find on 10-22 conversions and didn't see anything like it. Where did you get the pic from?
Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:03 pm

ARG. My original idea isn't going to work. The problem is twofold:
1. Mounting the action rigidly enough that it won't shift from recoil.
2. Mounting the scope high enough yet strongly enough.

I can see why the conversion jonas posted uses a wood stock at the rear, to bed the action in. I'm going to have to rethink this. grr.

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:21 pm

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/1720/

There used to be a really cool 10/22 site that had a link to whoever was working on the bullpup but I can't find it now.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:42 pm

Very nice. Thanks for the link.
Jamoni

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:46 pm

Sorry, my point is why do you want to spend a shitload of on a .22 that will still shoot like a .22 no matter what stuff you do to make it look itimidating. I can sorta understand a new barrel or a larger magazine but putting all ths shit on it is kinda ignorant and ridiculous. My .22 is a simple accurate take-down pump that's all I need I don't want it to look like the ultimate killing machine just a survival gun not some main weapon. It still gonna shoot like a .22 no matter what you put on it.

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:10 pm

Jamoni wants to spend 30 dollars on this conversion so stfu already.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:15 pm

Buy ammo it's still gonna shoot like a .22

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:21 pm

Let me explain something to you, ZETF. There is a certain satisfaction derived from building something yourself. It is actually FUN to create something that didn't exist before. As for the PRACTICAL aspects of a bullpup conversion, it allows you to have a shorter, more compact rifle with the same length barrel. This means it is handier in tight spaces, without sacrificing accuracy or power. Now, I have answered your question as to why someone would want one. It has nothing to do with making it look cool or impressing the ladies, and everything to do with function. I have been patient with you, so stop bothering the adults, and go sit at the little kids' table.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:36 pm

Hmm, I just find it ridiculous to get spend a good amount of money on a gun. I mean don't get me wrong it's fun to build and tinker on your own but spend a lot of money on worthless modifications floats your boat don't let me stop you in making your own decision it's just my opinion. Now I will go sit at the little kids table and eat my chicken noodle soup that grandma made me and watch the grown-ups waste money to modify something that doesn't need modifying unless it's a barrel or something the make themselves.
Last edited by ZETFleader on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:10 pm

ZETFleader wrote:Hmm, I just find it ridiculous to get spend a good amount of money on a gun. I mean don't get me wrong it's fun to build and tinker on your own but spend a lot of moeny on worthless modifications floats your boat don't let me stop you in making your own decision it's just ,y opinion. Now I will go sit at the little kids table and eat my chicken noodle soup that grandma made me and watch the grown-up waste money to modify something that doesn't need modifying unless it's a barrel or something the make themselves.
PLEASE tell me english is your second language.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:20 pm

Sorry if you don't like my opinion that's not my problem.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:34 pm

ZETFleader wrote:Sorry if you don't like my opinion that's not my problem.
Okay, let's start small. You will notice that your first sentence fragment lacks a subject or a verb. Simply adding "I'M" would provide you with both. By putting a period after "opinion" you have created an intelligible sentence.
"I'M sorry if you don't like my opinion."
To turn the next part into a grammatically correct sentence, you simply capitalize the "T" in "That's":
"That's not my problem."
No thanks are necessary. I'm here to help.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:57 pm

I just don't care it's a damn intenet forum not a fucking classroom, I really don't like spending my time looking for mistakes. Yes, I know my grammar does suck. I mean it's the internet who do I have to impress withm my grammar skills?

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:15 pm

ZETFleader wrote:I just don't care it's a damn intenet forum not a fucking classroom, I really don't like spending my time looking for mistakes. Yes, I know my grammar does suck. I mean it's the internet who do I have to impress withm my grammar skills?
You can spend all of your time criticizing the ideas of others, but you can't be bothered to correct your own mistakes?

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:22 pm

I do not care. I don't flame people on grammar skills.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”