Muzzlelite bullpup 10/22

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Ghostfist

Muzzlelite bullpup 10/22

Post by Ghostfist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:11 pm

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.gunaccessories.com/MWG/index.asp

I had a friend that had one years ago. It was really light but had a sloppy trigger pull. I'm thinking about converting my 10/22 just for the portability & reduced weight. I'm only worried about how durable it is.
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

SMERSH

Post by SMERSH » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:21 pm

why not just get one of these

http://www.waltheramerica.com/g22.htm

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:27 pm

Those are sweet, but the muzzlelite is a conversion kit. I already have the 10/22 so it's only a small investment.
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:31 pm

Those look neat. I've been considering making a 10/22 bullpup with an electric solenoid trigger. Anybody want one? If there's interest, I'll build it for cost.
Edit: Stock only, you'd have to supply your own action.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:08 pm

Okay, since my Mauser is off at the gunsmith for a month or so, I need a new firearms project. So I'm forging ahead with the 10-22 bullpup idea. This will be a lot of fun.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:29 pm

I like they way those look saw one at a gun show I went to today and was wondering what the hell it was.

Djinn

Post by Djinn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:39 pm

those are sweet lookin....I wish I had the money to get one. -.-
"Sit, Shit, and Get Ready!"

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:00 pm

Holy Hell, they want $105 for a muzzelite? I can do it for 1/3 of that! Now I HAVE to build one, it's a moral imperative! I'm thinking about some funky features, like built in commo, magazine storage, ZS logo, of course, etc. I'm toying around with an aluminum stock, but may just modify a wood one for the prototype. Any fun ideas while I'm in the planning stage?

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:22 pm

Sounds like your gonna have fun with this project. The main problem with their design is that a 50 rnd clip won't fit. I can't remember if it's the ramline or some other make. Make sure you have enough clearance between the the grip and the mag well. The muzzlelite uses a rod that connects to the muzzlelite trigger and back to the 10/22 trigger. From what I remember it had a lot of slack giving a really "loose" feel with a a lot of take up. I like your idea of an electronic trigger better. Lightweight aluminum would be awsome if you had access to a machine shop. If the 10/22 works out, let's try it on a mini 14! That would make a nasty little bugger. :twisted:

You may want to get a copy of Duncan Long's book about Ruger conversions.
Jamoni

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:36 pm

Hmmm it should have at least one Picatinny accessory rail, maybe just use factory scope mounts for that. Instead of having a pistol grip make it have some kind of skeletonized thumbhole, that would be weirdly awesome on a bull pup. Tactical sling, raised cheek rest, oh oh oh extend the bolt handle or change it a little so its cooler. Maybe you could add an adjustable length of pull and cheek rest on it like target guns. Maybe some kind of vertical forgrip or extending bi-pod.
Sometimes I cry so much I need a poncho.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:48 pm

Jamoni,

Do you have a way to annodize aluminum? I've seen people do some crazy camo patterns on p-ball guns. I agree with Jonas, it needs some mounting points for a laser sight or flashlite. I like the idea of holders for extra mags too. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Jamoni

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:34 pm

If it's awesome enough I may consider trying to purchase one from you. Did I ever tell you that you are a wonderful man and I totally agree with everything you ever said. Even when you called me a troll and typed "chews trolls box".

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:54 pm

I can work aluminum, and in fact, some of the weapon HAS to be aluminum (scope mounts, solenoid mount, etc. I can't anodize aluminum. There are kits, but they are pricey. The drawback on aluminum is COST. I think, for the first one, I'll stick with wood, but who knows. I was thinking of a P90 style grip, perhaps.
Who knows. Here is my rough draft.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:45 pm

Mine might be a little difficult to do like that. I have the stainless steel version with the funky green grain stock. That will make it hard as hell to match any addititions. I left my clie' at work, so I can't take a picture. I'll try and remember to get it tommorrow so I can show you what I mean.
Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:02 pm

No, the entire stock would be new. I just cut and pasted to show what I had in mind. I'd start with a new chunk of walnut and go from there. I wouldn't make any physical changes to the action, it would be a drop in. That way you would be able to return the weapon to original condition.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:43 pm

Well, In that case I'm all for it.

I do like the P90 style grips. :twisted:
Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:08 pm

Upon further thought and examination of the action, I may just try Jonas' suggestion of a skeletonized bullpup. I think, by using an aluminum spar under the barrel, and two brackets where the scope and grips would go, I could make a lightweight, cheap bullpup. A piece of sheet steel or aluminum would compose the butt/brass deflector. It's hard to explain, but it would be light as hell and look all james bond.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:07 pm

Okay, the first attempt failed miserably, due to poor planning, and basically me not knowing WTF to do. Prototyping sucks ass. The basic design is good, I just need to find the best way to implement it. I think you guys will like it.

ProZombieHunter

Post by ProZombieHunter » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:50 pm

...It's going to need some really ridiculous stuff, too, I just hope you realize.

...Like a fishing reel. And a bayonet.
If you drop a zombie, does that count as a kill?

...Think about it.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:50 am

You'll get it jamoni. You are the man. 8)
Jamoni

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:10 pm

Something like this would be cool

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:20 pm

YES! i have tons of experience with that gun...its my weapon of choice on Counter-strike :wink:
Hunter for hire with no plans to retire

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Jonas, that's not so far from what I had in mind. My idea is a solid bar of aluminum under the barrel, with two or three clamps which attach it to the barrel, and rise above it to clamp to the scope mount. The main bar would attach to the mounting point of the action, and then a sheet metal buttstock/receiver cover would attach both to the main bar and to the scope mount holes on the receiver. inside this would be the electronics. A wood or plastic grip assembly would mount under the main bar. I'll post pics when I get a decent prototype worked up.

ZETFleader

Post by ZETFleader » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:52 pm

You people and your fancy smancy .22 conversions. Why spend another $150.00 to get it rigged out when you can buy a cheap SKS with that money.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”