Will Turkish firearms be sanctioned?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Will Turkish firearms be sanctioned?

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:21 pm

President Trump is announcing sanctions on Turkey in response to the latter's military move into Syria and offensive against our Kurdish allies. No word yet on what is going to be sanctioned or have punitive tariffs slapped on it, but I'm wondering if Turkish firearms will be banned from import or hit with high tariffs if US-Turkey relations deteriorate. Turkey makes a lot of reasonable, high-quality firearms that are sold on the US retail firearms market.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/ ... 33562.html

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: Will Turkish firearms be sanctioned?

Post by NT2C » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Good question. I own a Sarsilmaz SARB6P 9mm pistol (CZ-75 clone) and love it. Everyone I let try it compliments me on it. It's just a nice, inexpensive pistol to shoot and carry. It has made me interested in other Turkish made guns and I have a few on my shopping list. It would be a real shame if they got banned or priced out of my reach.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm

I have one of their shotguns and some regrets. Can't recommend. The US firearm market is so saturated that it would likely not even notice the lack of imports from Turkey. US gun makers would benefit.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:08 pm

I have or have had many Turkish pistols... From Canik and Sarsilmaz. No Girsan or Tisas yet. And no MKE HK stuff either.

Basically, I love Turkish handguns.

But I hope there are no firearm sanctions. It's such a niche industry and banning importation is a topic I can't cover cuz it's gets political.

Maybe my cheap blasters will turn into collectibles like Vepr and Saiga from Russia.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

I hope not. I'd not mind at all getting a 20ga Yildiz O/U like dad's.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”