Firearms Chat: [REDACTED - for your safety]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by emclean » Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 am

NT2C wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:21 pm
I wish manufacturers would stop making "state compliant" versions of popular firearms. I think it just encourages states to adopt more restrictive laws and regulations and weakens efforts to change those laws and regulations.
I think that the legislators that write those restrictive laws wish that companies would also stop making compliant firearms, and allow them to turn their home states in to gun free utopias. (and I do believe that most of them think everyone would be better off it we let them run our lives)

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am

boskone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 pm
get a gen5 G19 MOS and a G26; ....Then I could actually share the G19 mags 3 ways.
This is what I do, & I really like the logistics of it.

TETO

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am

boskone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 pm
I was thinking--again--about a PCC. Which lead to some wanderings past the EAA Witness, barrel and slide kits for my 1911, and a handful of other things.

Ultimately, to me, I would prefer to be able to share magazines, and in a general sense that means Glock. Glocks are like Nissan Sentras or Toyota Corollas: few people really love 'em, a lot of people drive 'em, and they get the job done. Seems like every PCC has a Glock option/variant/insert/whatever.

Which further lead me to consider retiring my XD (which, honestly, I rarely carry anymore; I don't go to nearly as many sketchy areas as I used to) and demote my EC9s to pack-carried BUG. Then get a gen5 G19 MOS and a G26; the G19 actually looks like it's ergos are nearly identical to my old XD, and the G26 is only about 1/8th inch wider than my EC9s. Then I could actually share the G19 mags 3 ways.

Dunno. I'll let the idea percolate for a while, and see if I even remember it in a couple weeks.

Maybe I'd mount the XD in my pickup. More than a few times over the years I just jammed it between the console and seat; out of sight, but easily accessible. I could probably bodge a mount for it. Bears thinking on, even if I drop the Glock idea.
I'm thinking that someone handy with a 3D printer could maybe make magwell inserts for the Ruger PCC for many different mags, even your XD mag.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am
I'm thinking that someone handy with a 3D printer could maybe make magwell inserts for the Ruger PCC for many different mags, even your XD mag.
That's been a possibility; I could prototype it with my creaky old 3d printer, then once satisfied either send it off to be printed from a better material, cast it, or something.

Dunno. Decisions, decisions.

...maybe I should upgrade the printer, because it would totally be justified by not having to buy a new pistol. :v:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:31 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:57 pm

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:45 pm

boskone wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:57 pm
I think it's only the German branch, the US branch is doing fine.
That's correct, with the US government contracts they've landed the majority of their profits are coming out of North America. Makes sense from a global business standpoint, since most US military contracts require domestic manufacture.

The question is will we now consider Sig a US company and not a European one?
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Yeah Sig is swimming in cash.

I wonder is there any way to change the title of the thread? Now that we have Boogaloo Bois up on terrorism charges I think it looks bad and may confuse people into thinking we support that shit.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:02 am

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 pm
Yeah Sig is swimming in cash.

I wonder is there any way to change the title of the thread? Now that we have Boogaloo Bois up on terrorism charges I think it looks bad and may confuse people into thinking we support that shit.
No problem! Time to start a new one anyway.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”