Firearms Chat: [REDACTED - for your safety]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm
So, any ideas where I'm getting the money to buy one? There's only so much blood and plasma I can sell...
One comment said: "I like the handgun, but I don't $5,000 like it".

ibid

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:53 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:21 pm
There's some great stuff coming from SHOT this year. I think it was last year or the year before that was very disappointing... Basically all accessories.

With the time it takes product development and engineering, of basically small companies (even big companies are small compared to other markets), my bet is there is a 2 year delay to mirror the market.

Either way, I'm loving it.
I think it may have been the 2018 SHOT Show that was the disappointing one, JC. I believe that one was the one that was pretty much all accessories and very little in the way of new guns.
This reminds me of a few gun shows I've been to. :(
That reminds me of the last gun show I went to, which was almost a decade ago.

There were maybe ten dealers selling guns and the rest of the building was taken up by garage sale trinket sellers and the weirdly out of place vintage toy dealers.

Who goes to a gun show and thinks "Man, these gun are great, but you know what I'm really looking for ? A Mork and Mindy lunch box." ? :lol:
:rofl:

PistolPete

Post by PistolPete » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 am

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm
Henry Repeating Arms announced five new long guns as the company unveiled its X Model series. First teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, these new guns are a complete, ground-up redesign of the lever-action. The five new guns are the:

- Lever Action X Model .45-70
- Lever Action X Model .410 Shotgun
- Lever Action Big Boy X Model – available in .38special/.357Magnum, .44 Special/.44 Magnum and .45 Colt

Really dig those Henry's. A lever gun makes a nice suppressor host.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:06 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 am
RickOShea wrote:
Henry Repeating Arms announced five new long guns as the company unveiled its X Model series. First teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, these new guns are a complete, ground-up redesign of the lever-action. The five new guns are the:

- Lever Action Big Boy X Model – available in .38special/.357Magnum, .44 Special/.44 Magnum and .45 Colt

The M-lok slots are a nice touch, along with both a side gate and removable mag tube...and I like that they have synthetic stocks, unlike the Marlins which are regular wood stocks painted black...

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Palmetto State Armory PS9 Dagger: $300 Glock Killer

At the 2020 SHOT Show, Palmetto State Armory announced a new 9mm pistol called the PS9 Dagger.

The short story is the new PS9 Dagger is a Glock clone. I don’t mean that in a disparaging way, but instead as shorthand for a polymer-framed, striker-fired pistol that takes Glock magazines.

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) will make several variations of the gun, but the basic model is the one that will ship first. It has many parts that are compatible with the Gen3 Glock pistols including the magazine and trigger group. PSA ships the PS9 with Magpul P15 magazines, but you can use your existing G17, G19 and other 9mm magazines with the gun....

....Assuming that these guns run as reliably as a Glock pistol – and only time will tell us that – a $299.99 defensive pistol is a major value. The price alone will sell many of these pistols.

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

At the 2020 SHOT Show, Palmetto State Armory announced a new 9mm pistol called the PS9 Dagger.

The short story is the new PS9 Dagger is a Glock clone. I don’t mean that in a disparaging way, but instead as shorthand for a polymer-framed, striker-fired pistol that takes Glock magazines.

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) will make several variations of the gun, but the basic model is the one that will ship first. It has many parts that are compatible with the Gen3 Glock pistols including the magazine and trigger group. PSA ships the PS9 with Magpul P15 magazines, but you can use your existing G17, G19 and other 9mm magazines with the gun....

....Assuming that these guns run as reliably as a Glock pistol – and only time will tell us that – a $299.99 defensive pistol is a major value. The price alone will sell many of these pistols.

That's pretty cool.

Much like the Ruger 57, I'll wait until the second generation comes out in case there's any bugs that pop up in the first production runs.

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

I've stepped out of the AK community forums and facebook groups for a while now. I just checked back in last week. And I've really been shocked with how much their profile in the AK community has changed. Everyone wants a PSA-AK now. And they're making fairly cool different models as well. I have not run down the list of correct parts. But everyone in the AK community are singing their praises. This pistol looks like another great value.

That's the one thing I like about PSA. They manage to produce an at least reliable product for the cheapest price on the market. We'll see on this pistol. But if it's anything like their other products - they may need an ironing out process. But once they get 6 months to a year into production they become the bottom dollar one to beat. When their AK's came out they were terrible. But they apparently managed to change things up enough that they've convinced the AK community at large that they are now one of a short list of go to AK's. There are a lot of bad AK suppliers.

Their AR's get poo-poo'd by various higher dollar operators. But for the general public they are the go to supplier. And most of the reviews I've read or watched say they are good guns. I didn't say great - but good. And somethings "good" is good enough. :)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm

PistolPete wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Yea. A .44 mag in their new Action X is going to be really hard to resist. .44 Spl would be a nice plinking round, and .44 Mag is suitable for deer out to 100yd or so.

Throw a can on it, and it seems like a setup with a lot of potential.

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 pm

moab wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Their AR's get poo-poo'd by various higher dollar operators. But for the general public they are the go to supplier. And most of the reviews I've read or watched say they are good guns. I didn't say great - but good. And somethings "good" is good enough. :)
I've got one--at least an upper--as an "experimental" component. It's perfectly, so far as I can tell, functional; my other 5.56 upper's better, but not so much that it's a huge deal.

I'd say it's the 90/50 rule in play: you get 90% of the performance for 50% of the cost.

One of these days I'm going to drop a piston system in it as a trial, to see if I care about the differences.

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:12 pm
Claude ham mercy.....I'll have to get one for my Mini-30. :rofl:

Guns.com - New Side Folding Stocks For The Ruger 10/22 and Mini-14 Rifles

For the past 24 years, New Hampshire-based Samson Manufacturing has produced high-quality firearms parts and accessories, with its latest product replicas of the side-folding stocks designed by Ruger. The side-folding stocks are offered with the .223 chambered Mini-14 Ranch Rifles that hit the market in 1973.

When Ruger stopped making the stocks in 1989, it caused a limited supply. Thirty years on, with the public’s continued love for the classic and proven Mini-14 platform, it’s not uncommon to see these side-folding stocks selling for upwards of $1,000.

Samson decided to seize on this market and over the last year, it’s been working with Ruger to produce exact replicas of the original Mini-14 side-folding stocks. Dave Biggers, the director of sales and marketing at Samson, told Guns.com in December that the only difference between the original Ruger stock and Samson’s would be the grip. Instead of bakelite on the Ruger, Samson’s will be made out of a super-durable plastic. They’ll also sell for under $300.

How much do these weigh?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 pm

boskone wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 pm
moab wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 pm
I've got one--at least an upper--as an "experimental" component. It's perfectly, so far as I can tell, functional; my other 5.56 upper's better, but not so much that it's a huge deal.

I'd say it's the 90/50 rule in play: you get 90% of the performance for 50% of the cost.

One of these days I'm going to drop a piston system in it as a trial, to see if I care about the differences.
I also have a PSA upper on the AR I built from a stripped lower a friend gave me. With about 600 rounds through it now I'd call it broken in and I've had zero malfunctions. That's "good enough" in my book.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm

boskone wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm
PistolPete wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Yea. A .44 mag in their new Action X is going to be really hard to resist. .44 Spl would be a nice plinking round, and .44 Mag is suitable for deer out to 100yd or so.

Throw a can on it, and it seems like a setup with a lot of potential.
I'm thinking one in .45-70 will make for a good "brush gun", capable of taking down just about anything that threatens you while out hiking or exploring.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Problem with the Henry's are they are blued... Wish they were nitride or something tough, maybe stainless.

Looks like PSA is also dropping the Jakl or something... A piston style AR AK hybrid ala Faxon ARAK, KAC pdw, Brownell AR180, and a bunch of others.

I'm surprised it took this long for decent budget piston ARs that don't require a buffer tube...

I think there was a couple other PSA stuff as well... Hopefully they actually launch the products.

Anyone else keep up with the Taran Butler aka Taran Tactical drama??
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 pm
Problem with the Henry's are they are blued... Wish they were nitride or something tough, maybe stainless.

Looks like PSA is also dropping the Jakl or something... A piston style AR AK hybrid ala Faxon ARAK, KAC pdw, Brownell AR180, and a bunch of others.

I'm surprised it took this long for decent budget piston ARs that don't require a buffer tube...

I think there was a couple other PSA stuff as well... Hopefully they actually launch the products.

No. What's that about?

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:57 pm

moab wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 pm

No. What's that about?
arfcom - "TB is a total creep" & this

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:07 am

Guns.com - USSOCOM Takes Delivery of new Sig Sauer MG 338 Machine Gun

Sig Sauer announced this week that the U.S. Special Operation Command has certified and taken delivery of the company’s new MG 338 machine gun system.

Chambered in .338 Norma Magnum, the MG 338 is billed on being able to deliver effective fire at ranges out to 2,000 meters, closing the gap between 7.62 NATO weapons like the M240 and .50 cal BMG platforms such as the M2 heavy machine gun. Weighing only 20-pounds, the MG 338 uses Sig-produced ammunition as well as the company’s suppressor design to create an all-Sig product.

The MG 338 uses a short-stroke gas piston system blended with what Sig describes as a “proprietary recoil mitigation system.” Using a free-floating, quick-change barrel, the svelte machine gun has ambidextrous controls, a switchable feed tray, and a charging handle that can be swapped to either side.

Should users prefer to run good old 7.62 NATO for whatever reason, the new Sig belt-fed is easily swappable to that caliber.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:21 am

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:24 am

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:07 am

Sig Sauer announced this week that the U.S. Special Operation Command has certified and taken delivery of the company’s new MG 338 machine gun system.

Chambered in .338 Norma Magnum, the MG 338 is billed on being able to deliver effective fire at ranges out to 2,000 meters, closing the gap between 7.62 NATO weapons like the M240 and .50 cal BMG platforms such as the M2 heavy machine gun. Weighing only 20-pounds, the MG 338 uses Sig-produced ammunition as well as the company’s suppressor design to create an all-Sig product.

The MG 338 uses a short-stroke gas piston system blended with what Sig describes as a “proprietary recoil mitigation system.” Using a free-floating, quick-change barrel, the svelte machine gun has ambidextrous controls, a switchable feed tray, and a charging handle that can be swapped to either side.

Should users prefer to run good old 7.62 NATO for whatever reason, the new Sig belt-fed is easily swappable to that caliber.

That thing is a freaking hog.... I'm assuming vehicle mounted
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 am

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:07 am

Me wanty! SO! BAD!

Also: ADA2A.com The company uses the ADA to assist the elderly with exercising their 2A Rights. From TTAG

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:50 am

That Burris 3x prism sight looks like it may be smaller than most 3x magnifiers.

ETA: Found the specs....Objective - 33.8 mm, Eye relief - 2.6 inches, Length - 3.5 inches, Weight - 8.8 oz.

Burris announced a pair of new reflex-style sights designed for fast shooting in competition and tactical contexts. The RT-1 is a prism sight with a 2 MOA dot and 1x magnification. It has 9 brightness levels that can be manually set or adjust automatically based on the lighting conditions. Two brightness levels are NV compatible. It comes with both low and high base mounts. The MSRP is $299.

The RT-3 is similar in design, but it offers 3x magnification. It has a Ballistic 3x reticle that allows for holdover shots to 600 yards. The suggested retail price is $379.

PistolPete

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 pm

It seems the theme of the SHOT show this year is Glock pattern pistols. I was surprised how many manufacturers are offering frames and / or slides that fit Glocks.

Also, Federal is offering ammo specifically tuned for lever guns. Seems Hornady's Leverevolution has some competition now!
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:57 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Just Collecting News - Wyatt Earp’s ‘Vendetta Ride’ shotgun to sell at Heritage Auctions

The shotgun used by legendary Old West lawman Wyatt Earp to kill outlaw ‘Curly Bill’ Brocius will be offered for sale at Heritage Auctions next month. The shotgun has been described as “one of the great treasures of the Old West”, and comes with a remarkable documented history spanning almost 140 years. The J. Stevens & Co. Double Barrel Percussion Shotgun will lead an auction of American political and historic artifacts which takes place in Dallas on February 22-23.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”