Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 pm

That looks beautiful. Nice job. You will have to let us know how it shoots!
Well, it seems the cats have decided to fully accept the new family member:

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:55 pm
Some things just look... right

Very happy to give this guy a home. :awesome:
Nice looking rifle, NT2C.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:14 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 pm
NT2C wrote:

Yeah, certain wood-&-steel rifles can't help but catch the eye. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 pm

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:28 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:14 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Yeah, certain wood-&-steel rifles can't help but catch the eye. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Replying to this just to duplicate that picture... It's a work of art
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:14 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
NT2C wrote:

Especially when it's old wood that shows some use. I'm looking forward to getting it to my buddy's farm to see how it does. It's a battle rifle, so I'm not expecting super tight long-range groups, just reasonable accuracy, enough to deal with predators around the new homestead that need a little more than 5.56 persuasion.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/push-disarm-poli ... 04607.html

A New York congressional candidate is arguing that taking guns away from law enforcement will make communities safer
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:48 pm

flybynight wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm

A New York congressional candidate is arguing that taking guns away from law enforcement will make communities safer
We really have to stop asking how stupid can people get because some of them are taking it as a challenge now.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Academy has the Shield listed at $289 + $50 gift card.

The rebate lowers your end price to $189. That puts you down in to the HiPoint price range.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:42 pm

flybynight wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Its a great theory.
"It’s time to disarm the police," Jamaal Bowman wrote on Twitter before retweeting one user's response that police in the United Kingdom "carry no guns" and thus have "killed no citizens."
There is a tiny plot hole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_k ... ed_Kingdom

But I am all for it. The NY police are very uppity. Take away their guns and they can learn them some manners.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm
woodsghost wrote:

Your cats have great taste!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 pm
NT2C wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

Or they're plotting something against the dogs next door... :ohdear:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:33 am

NT2C wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 pm
NT2C wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

Or they're plotting something against the dogs next door... :ohdear:
I would like to point out, they have accepted the foam filled rifle case. Not the rifle ( which isn't being slept on :wink: ) . Plus cat's don't normally use firearms in their bid to rule the world. They are ninja's with born ninja weapons, which humans must purchase at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/BladesUSA-2801-N ... B0060C8GVM
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Looks pretty sharp, but it ain't for the poors...

TTAG - Dan Wesson’s New DWX Combines the Dan Wesson Single Action Trigger with CZ Ergonomics and Capacity

What do you get when you combine the exceptional single-action trigger pull of a Dan Wesson 1911 with the excellent ergonomics of and capacity of the venerable CZ 75 platform? Dan Wesson has melded the two into a new hybrid design they call the Dan Wesson DWX. You can get one in either 9mm Luger or .40 S&W. The 9mm version packs 19 rounds and the .40 model will accommodate a full 15.

The DWX features a crisp single-action fire control group from a Dan Wesson 1911 and combines it with the ergonomics and capacity of a CZ pistol. The grip angle and contour originate with the venerable CZ 75, providing an incredible fit for most shooters. Likewise, the full-size DWX is compatible with standard CZ 75 grips, while the compact can utilize those from a 75 Compact.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:53 pm

TTAG - Dan Wesson’s New DWX Combines the Dan Wesson Single Action Trigger with CZ Ergonomics and Capacity

What do you get when you combine the exceptional single-action trigger pull of a Dan Wesson 1911 with the excellent ergonomics of and capacity of the venerable CZ 75 platform? Dan Wesson has melded the two into a new hybrid design they call the Dan Wesson DWX. You can get one in either 9mm Luger or .40 S&W. The 9mm version packs 19 rounds and the .40 model will accommodate a full 15.

The DWX features a crisp single-action fire control group from a Dan Wesson 1911 and combines it with the ergonomics and capacity of a CZ pistol. The grip angle and contour originate with the venerable CZ 75, providing an incredible fit for most shooters. Likewise, the full-size DWX is compatible with standard CZ 75 grips, while the compact can utilize those from a 75 Compact.

WANT :shock:

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I don't like the red furniture and whatnot, but otherwise that's one damned sexy gun.

I'll have to put it on the "When I win the lottery" list. (I don't play the lottery, but I figure that doesn't statistically hurt my chances all that much. :clownshoes:)

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I really wanted it when I first saw it...

Until I saw that it does not have the slide riding in the frame....
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm committing a cardinal sin, but I'm not sure if it's envy or lust.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Took the BM59 out to my friend's place today and set out a couple of milk jugs filled with water in one of the fields ~100 yards away. Missed with the first shot, way low and right, realized I was mistaking the left side front sight ears as the sight post (to my everlasting shame), corrected my sight picture and put the next five all through the jug I was aiming at without realizing I was actually hitting it until enough water drained out that I knocked it over. Let my buddy take the other jug with four shots, then put the last ten in the mag through both jugs, alternating between them.

The rifle shoots like a dream and the sights were dead on (once I stopped being a blind idiot and found the sight post). My buddy enjoyed shooting it so much he dug out one of his M1 Garands to compare with it. By far the BM59 was much more pleasing to shoot, with much lighter recoil (but a helluva shockwave from that tricompensator for bystanders).

Overall, I has a happy. :mrgreen:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 pm

I ordered my Romanian Tokarev today.

Got an email from Classic Firearms a couple hours ago that said my gun should be arriving at my FFL this Saturday.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:59 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:25 pm
Took the BM59 out to my friend's place today and set out a couple of milk jugs filled with water in one of the fields ~100 yards away. Missed with the first shot, way low and right, realized I was mistaking the left side front sight ears as the sight post (to my everlasting shame), corrected my sight picture and put the next five all through the jug I was aiming at without realizing I was actually hitting it until enough water drained out that I knocked it over. Let my buddy take the other jug with four shots, then put the last ten in the mag through both jugs, alternating between them.

The rifle shoots like a dream and the sights were dead on (once I stopped being a blind idiot and found the sight post). My buddy enjoyed shooting it so much he dug out one of his M1 Garands to compare with it. By far the BM59 was much more pleasing to shoot, with much lighter recoil (but a helluva shockwave from that tricompensator for bystanders).

Overall, I has a happy. :mrgreen:
That is fantastic! I didn't know they felt that good. I am excited to hear that and I'll have to be open to getting one some day of the situation arises.

So the cats accept it and you accept it. Nothing more is needed.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Not a firearm, but I'm a happy boy nonetheless. :clap:

Had the winning bid on a 2005 Smart Parts Nerve. They didn't make very many, and only made them for a couple of years. I bid on one in decent shape a few months ago, but my max bid was $200, and it went for $250. I got this one for $138, including shipping. This thing looks NIB. Not a scratch or wear mark on it anywhere. Seller said it came from a storage auction.

I don't have any air in my tanks to test fire it, but I did throw a new 9-volt battery in it. The board turns on and boots, the speaker chirps, the solenoid clicks, and the breech eyes work. If its been sitting as long as I suspect, it'll definitely need the O-rings replaced. Spool valve paintball guns have dominated for the last 10+ years, but I have a soft spot for these old poppet valve markers.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:18 pm

My Tokarev is close by, but I won't have hands on it until Monday.

FedEx tried to deliver it to my FFL today, but they were closed, so now my Tokarev is sitting in a FedEx center in New Mexico until then.

I figured this would happen since my FFL is only open until 1PM on Saturdays and my Tokarev was due there at 4:30 pm.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:16 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Ugh....Just noticed PSA has their chrome-lined premium Mid-gas Mock Dissy uppers back in-stock. I had one years ago, but sold it to a buddy who liked it even more than I did.

I'm tempted to pick-up another, just for shits-&-giggles. I always thought they looked pretty sharp with a MOE handguard....and I still have the M7 bayonet I shortened the handle on to fit a dissy. :crazy:

Do they make these with a rail? I don't get why so many AR's are sold without rails. That's nice that there back in stock. Had I had that option when I bought my pistol kit. I would have gladly opted for the chrome lined.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”