Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Post Reply
User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6905
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm
boskone wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm
That's maybe functional (I just don't know, haven't use any of the items on that carbine), but...damn, that's ugly.
I tried a Zhukov on one of my AK's. I liked the idea of a longer handguard, but ended-up not liking the extra weight. It has a full length aluminum block that attaches to the barrel, and the polymer handguard is just a shell that slides over it. It added more than a pound of weight out on the front half....



Image
I've been considering putting the shorter Zhukov on my Romanian AK, but I'm afraid it'll be just as heavy as the Troy handguard I've got on there now. I like the Troy handguard, but damn it's heavy.

So I might just go with the other AK handguard Magpul makes (I forget the name at the moment. The one with the cutout on the side for the sling mount on the retainer.) I had one of those on my AMD-63 and I liked the way I had it set up.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7963
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:27 pm
Update:

TTAG - No Charges For Deputy Who Shot Homeowner From Outside the Home
I get that the alarm company sent him to the wrong house but I still wonder about charging him. His interpretation of events:

- Go to panic alarm call
- Find man pointing gun at him from panic alarm call address
- Respond to threat

Seems reasonable on the face of it, but hasty. It is not unexpected at all to find an armed homeowner during an alarm call. It took much less time to get out of the area of the perceived threat than it did to actively engage and respond to it. When in such situations these days I tend to err on the side of not shooting people. I imagine the county will lose in civil court, or at the very least the alarm company will lose under the "but for" rule.

For those inside the house I have said it before and I will say it again: Cameras. Invaluable little things that could have avoided exposing the homeowner to risk and avoided the whole thing.
Truth!

Image

First screen of cameras on my phone. Covers all my outside doors and the walkway to the front door. Three of the four are PTZ capable too.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7963
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 pm
TFB - CROM USA’s ZhuCROM – A Zhukov Handguard For Ruger PC Carbine

If you recall, CROM USA made a chassis for the Ruger PC Carbine that allows you to use a Magpul Mossberg SGA stock. Well they have taken another Magpul product and modified it for use on the Ruger PC Carbine. The ZhuCROM is a modified Zhukov AK handguard and it will be available soon.

I like the Zhukov handguard on my AK and it was a huge improvement for the Beretta 1301. If you do not want an aluminum handguard then this seems like a good upgrade. You can attach any MLOK accessory you want. A simple light and maybe a laser on the other side would be perfect. You can even attach handstops or a vertical grip to the bottom if you so desired.



Image
That is beyond ugly. I love my PCC and could never mutilate my baby that way. :gonk:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6905
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:47 pm

To be honest, I'd rather just buy the PC9 with the free float handguard instead.

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:54 am

Ruger Mark IV "Lite" or "Standard" for a BO second sidearm/grouse gun/rabbit gun/cheap lightweight ammo gun? Standard for it's ruggedness. The Lite so I could put a red dot on it. Weight difference is 3 oz.

Image

Image
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:38 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 pm
RickOShea wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 pm
TFB - CROM USA’s ZhuCROM – A Zhukov Handguard For Ruger PC Carbine

If you recall, CROM USA made a chassis for the Ruger PC Carbine that allows you to use a Magpul Mossberg SGA stock. Well they have taken another Magpul product and modified it for use on the Ruger PC Carbine. The ZhuCROM is a modified Zhukov AK handguard and it will be available soon.

I like the Zhukov handguard on my AK and it was a huge improvement for the Beretta 1301. If you do not want an aluminum handguard then this seems like a good upgrade. You can attach any MLOK accessory you want. A simple light and maybe a laser on the other side would be perfect. You can even attach handstops or a vertical grip to the bottom if you so desired.



Image
That is beyond ugly. I love my PCC and could never mutilate my baby that way. :gonk:
I kinda like it... Until I look at the angle and gap of the grip to trigger... No thanks
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:39 am

Went to one of the Anchorage gun shows this weekend.

No deals. Surprise surprise....
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13923
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 am

Anyone know of a cheap rifle to do a scout build with? I am thinking of combing the pawn shops next week and seeing if I can find something random if I can't come up with something. Needs to meet the CJC requirements. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle

Under $500? Anything?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9215
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 am

For my Bastard Scout, I used an Ishapore 2A1 that I picked-up at a gunshow for $100 a few years ago. After adding a Clifton scout scope mount, Huber ball bearing trigger, Warne ghost ring rear sight, Choate front sight/FH, and a sporter forestock...I ended-up pretty close to $500. :crazy:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 am
Anyone know of a cheap rifle to do a scout build with? I am thinking of combing the pawn shops next week and seeing if I can find something random if I can't come up with something. Needs to meet the CJC requirements. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle

Under $500? Anything?
Why not a Savage? Some down to $249 in .308. I haven't looked hard. But a ton of options. Slap a halfway decent scope on it. And you're halfway there. Didn't you buy a couple last year during the sell off?

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/savage
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9215
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:54 am
Ruger Mark IV "Lite" or "Standard" for a BO second sidearm/grouse gun/rabbit gun/cheap lightweight ammo gun? Standard for it's ruggedness. The Lite so I could put a red dot on it. Weight difference is 3 oz.
I like this one. You can put a red dot, suppressor, and weapon light on it. I'm not sure if its Zantra approved, though. :clap:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:50 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 pm
moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:54 am
Ruger Mark IV "Lite" or "Standard" for a BO second sidearm/grouse gun/rabbit gun/cheap lightweight ammo gun? Standard for it's ruggedness. The Lite so I could put a red dot on it. Weight difference is 3 oz.
I like this one. You can put a red dot, suppressor, and weapon light on it. I'm not sure if its Zantra approved, though. :clap:
34+ oz though. The standard and Lite (which has a rail for a red dot. Not sure I'd need a light. meaning the second rail on the tactical you posted.) come in at 25 oz and 28 oz. Not a huge difference.

SO I assume based on your response you like the 22/45 configuration better than the Mark IV Standard? Can you tell me why? I would assume the original MarkIV configuration would be tougher - less parts too. Can you have a suppressor in WA state?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9215
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Heck, you can get a .308 Savage Scout for $550.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9215
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:13 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:50 pm
SO I assume based on your response you like the 22/45 configuration better than the Mark IV Standard? Can you tell me why? I would assume the original MarkIV configuration would be tougher - less parts too. Can you have a suppressor in WA state?
I had a Mk3 22/45 Lite, and I still have an old stainless Mk2 22/45. I definitely prefer the 45 grip over the standard. Also, that link I posted is for a Mk4 model.


Image


ETA: I live on pretty much the opposite corner of the country from Washington state, so I have no idea what their gun laws are.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

boskone
* * * *
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm
boskone wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm
That's maybe functional (I just don't know, haven't use any of the items on that carbine), but...damn, that's ugly.
I tried a Zhukov on one of my AK's. I liked the idea of a longer handguard, but ended-up not liking the extra weight. It has a full length aluminum block that attaches to the barrel, and the polymer handguard is just a shell that slides over it. It added more than a pound of weight out on the front half....
Woof. That does seem a bit excessive.

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:34 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:13 pm
moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:50 pm
SO I assume based on your response you like the 22/45 configuration better than the Mark IV Standard? Can you tell me why? I would assume the original MarkIV configuration would be tougher - less parts too. Can you have a suppressor in WA state?
I had a Mk3 22/45 Lite, and I still have an old stainless Mk2 22/45. I definitely prefer the 45 grip over the standard. Also, that link I posted is for a Mk4 model.


Image


ETA: I live on pretty much the opposite corner of the country from Washington state, so I have no idea what their gun laws are.
I'll have to go handle them both. I think the last one I shot a lot was a MK2.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone
* * * *
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:53 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:54 am
Ruger Mark IV "Lite" or "Standard" for a BO second sidearm/grouse gun/rabbit gun/cheap lightweight ammo gun? Standard for it's ruggedness. The Lite so I could put a red dot on it. Weight difference is 3 oz.
I think you can put a rail on the standard, it's just $15 for the section. (https://shopruger.com/Mark-IV-Mark-III- ... nfo/90623/)

That said, I'd go with the Lite because I much prefer my mkIII 22/45's grip configuration (angle and profile) over dad's mkIII standard. YMMV, though.

If I were buying another .22 pistol, I'd get the Lite. If I were buying a first .22 pistol, I'd get either the Lite or standard 22/45.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6905
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:44 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:13 pm
moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:50 pm
SO I assume based on your response you like the 22/45 configuration better than the Mark IV Standard? Can you tell me why? I would assume the original MarkIV configuration would be tougher - less parts too. Can you have a suppressor in WA state?
I had a Mk3 22/45 Lite, and I still have an old stainless Mk2 22/45. I definitely prefer the 45 grip over the standard. Also, that link I posted is for a Mk4 model.


Image


ETA: I live on pretty much the opposite corner of the country from Washington state, so I have no idea what their gun laws are.
Minus the grips and red dot, that looks pretty similar to how I've got my 22/45 Lite set up.

I really want to get the Mark 4 version and set it up the same way. My brother Pete keeps nagging me to sell him my 22/45 every time he sees me, so I might sell it to him and go buy the Mark 4 version. :lol:

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13923
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:32 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:41 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 am
Anyone know of a cheap rifle to do a scout build with? I am thinking of combing the pawn shops next week and seeing if I can find something random if I can't come up with something. Needs to meet the CJC requirements. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle

Under $500? Anything?
Why not a Savage? Some down to $249 in .308. I haven't looked hard. But a ton of options. Slap a halfway decent scope on it. And you're halfway there. Didn't you buy a couple last year during the sell off?

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/savage
That was actually part of the plan but it does not check several of the boxes. I have been thinking about the Bubba, milsurp route.
Last edited by Stercutus on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 pm

School me on .22lr silencers. Considering the SilencerCo Spectre II or the Dead Air Mask 22. For the Ruger Mark IV and/or the 10/22.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13923
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Not sure what you want to know. Done right a 10/22 can is "Spy movie quiet".
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm
Not sure what you want to know. Done right a 10/22 can is "Spy movie quiet".
Which ones do you prefer and why?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:40 am

moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm
Not sure what you want to know. Done right a 10/22 can is "Spy movie quiet".
Which ones do you prefer and why?
I never shot a silencer/suppressor, but the 10/22 takedown integrally suppressed thingy looks super awesome if that's still a thing
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13923
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:40 am
moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm
Not sure what you want to know. Done right a 10/22 can is "Spy movie quiet".
Which ones do you prefer and why?
I never shot a silencer/suppressor, but the 10/22 takedown integrally suppressed thingy looks super awesome if that's still a thing
Those will be quieter and lots shorter than sticking a 6" can on the end of a 16" barrel.

Two of the three companies that I have bought suppressors from have gone out of business. The third; YHM I have one on a 10/22 and it is pretty quiet. I have a night scope on it I use to kill possums and armadillos with. So long as the ammo is subsonic I get more noise from the bolt cycling than I do from the round. You can always tell when a supersonic round gets in to the mix as you get the "crack". This gets quite a lot louder when I am shooting somewhere that an echo can come back to me.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”