Maybe prepare for another ammo shortage?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Maybe prepare for another ammo shortage?

Post by doitnstyle1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:07 pm

"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: Maybe prepare for another ammo shortage?

Post by yossarian » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm

Well that sucks. I was just starting to see Hellfire missiles on the shelves at Walmart again. They're probably going to go back to a three missile a day limit.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 pm

yossarian wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm
Well that sucks. I was just starting to see Hellfire missiles on the shelves at Walmart again.
Same here. But the local Wal Daddy's still had plenty of TOWs and Dragons on the shelf during the last panic.Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:37 am

RickOShea wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 pm
yossarian wrote:
Well that sucks. I was just starting to see Hellfire missiles on the shelves at Walmart again.
Same here. But the local Wal Daddy's still had plenty of TOWs and Dragons on the shelf during the last panic.Image
On the plus side, with the Navy now seriously investing in electromagnetic rail guns, there's an absolute glut of everything from Standard Missiles (all variants except SM-3) down to 127mm rounds at BoatStoreUSA and West Marine. There's even rumors you'll soon get a free Mk44 Bushmaster II mount if you buy 10k rounds for it and use your membership card bonus points.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:37 am

Oh yay on multiple accounts.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:24 pm

I generally always assume to be preparing for a shortage, news story or not. Thus I am always looking for the deals to increase my ammo stocks. Thankfully I had gotten to what I consider a minimal comfort level, so have just been adding to my stocks raising my supply above minimum here and there. And of course adding in more when even I use up some.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:29 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:37 am
RickOShea wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 pm
yossarian wrote:
On the plus side, with the Navy now seriously investing in electromagnetic rail guns, there's an absolute glut of everything from Standard Missiles (all variants except SM-3) down to 127mm rounds at BoatStoreUSA and West Marine. There's even rumors you'll soon get a free Mk44 Bushmaster II mount if you buy 10k rounds for it and use your membership card bonus points.
maybe I'll finally be able to get some 16" armor piercing..........haven't been able to find any since Clinton was wetting his cigar :vmad:
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 pm

On a more serious note if you have room or make room with routine practice, a 2x resupply order has not been this cheap in a while.

Just sayin...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Midway has .22lr for $15/500. Thunderbolt but still...
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm
A case for $150.00 + s/h. If things got real bad I don't think people would mind that it's Thunderbolt.

But not today.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:03 am

Topic moved to "General Firearms Discussion"

I think it fits better here.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:06 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm
Stercutus wrote:
A case for $150.00 + s/h. If things got real bad I don't think people would mind that it's Thunderbolt.

But not today.
If you check ammoseek there are several places selling .22lr Thunderbolt for $13.99 +s/h.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:35 pm

raptor wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:06 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm
Stercutus wrote:

But not today.
If you check ammoseek there are several places selling .22lr Thunderbolt for $13.99 +s/h.
For that matter, you can find just about any brand you like for under 3.5 cents per round, which considering what .22LR was going for a couple of years ago is bargain basement price.

Chaos454

Post by Chaos454 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 pm

As was said by someone before I always just assume I will wake up and not be able to buy ammo at a normal price. So I have been stockpiling for awhile. I keep it simple, every time I shoot 500 rounds of a caliber I buy a 1000. It took a bit of time but eventually I got to where I wanted to be. I only do this for the calibers I use the most, like 9mm, but I keep a minimum of 1000 rounds for everything.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:06 pm

After posting originally I took stock of what I had and realized I’m good to go. I had “lost” about 14 ammo cases in the garage. So I’m pretty well stocked for anything I can plan. Im sitting as I shoot normally, im at a 3 year supply. That’s shooting what I shoot normally and never replenishing and never slowing down. With my bullet/powder stores. I’m sitting on lots.

It just sucks because I love finding ammo for so cheap.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:08 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:06 pm
After posting originally I took stock of what I had and realized I’m good to go. I had “lost” about 14 ammo cases in the garage. So I’m pretty well stocked for anything I can plan. Im sitting as I shoot normally, im at a 3 year supply. That’s shooting what I shoot normally and never replenishing and never slowing down. With my bullet/powder stores. I’m sitting on lots.

It just sucks because I love finding ammo for so cheap.
These are the good old days!

I’m actually at the point where I’m buying ammo for calibers I don’t even own when I find ammo too cheap to pass up. It gets vacuum sealed and put in a semi-climate controlled (humidity controlled only, but temps are pretty stable) underground container at a buddy’s ranch.

And slowly diversifying my calibers again too...after consolidating and stocking deep a few years ago.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”