Firearms Chat 6: Year of the 10mm

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Re: Firearms Chat 6: Year of the 10mm

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 pm
w3rdtoyamama wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 pm
Convince me I do not need anymore handguns, esp compact handguns.
You indeed DO NEED more. Hope that helps!
It did. My wife may stop by and ask why I bought another one. Lucky for you, its a 3000 mile walk for her :clap:
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:42 pm

w3rdtoyamama wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 pm
Convince me I do not need anymore handguns, esp compact handguns.
Childreth's law states that the number of handguns a person acquires admits a map to the 2-sphere that is non-trivial (i.e. non-homotopic to a constant map), when the 2nd Betti number of M is positive. This means the 2nd cohomology group has positive rank (by the universal coefficient theorem for cohomology), so it has a non-zero element. The properties of Eilenberg–MacLane spaces then give a corresponding non-trivial map f from M to the infinite-dimensional complex projective space CP∞, since it is a K(Z,2) Eilenberg–MacLane space. The space CP∞ can be realized as a CW complex with exactly one cell in each even dimension and no cells in odd dimension, while M can be realized with no cells in dimensions above 3, so by the cellular approximation theorem there is a map homotopic to f that maps M into the 3-skeleton of CP∞, which is the 2-sphere. Minus .01 of course

Plus compact handguns make you look fat
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Brekar wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 pm
I used to play with an electric Spyder with an electric hopper. Had a lot of fun doing it.

My electro-pneumatic markers are almost antiques: an '01 Angel LCD, '02 Matrix LED and '03 Shocker SFT. So far I've been able to keep them running with spare parts, circuit boards, and solenoids scrounged off of eBay. :rofl:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 pm
Brekar wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 pm
I used to play with an electric Spyder with an electric hopper. Had a lot of fun doing it.

My electro-pneumatic markers are almost antiques: an '01 Angel LCD, '02 Matrix LED and '03 Shocker SFT. So far I've been able to keep them running with spare parts, circuit boards, and solenoids scrounged off of eBay. :rofl:

That is amazing! I remember when I first learned what an Angle was. I knew a guy and nobody could shoot faster than him. Most played with Brass Eagle Stingrays and Spyders. His gun was finiky, but when it worked, he dominated. I remember looking at the Shockers in the magazines. That was a good time.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm
That is amazing! I remember when I first learned what an Angle was. I knew a guy and nobody could shoot faster than him. Most played with Brass Eagle Stingrays and Spyders. His gun was finiky, but when it worked, he dominated. I remember looking at the Shockers in the magazines. That was a good time.
Yeah, those first Angels, the LED and LCD were awesome guns. I had close to 300K shots on the counter when the original solenoid finally went tits-up. The only other problem I had was some dead pixels on the LCD screen a few years ago, but I was able to replace it with a good, used one I got off eBay for like $15. Some of those later Angels, I think the G7 and A1, seemed to have issues with the solenoids and rams not lasting very long.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 am

FYI: It has been 9 days since anyone posted. :?

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 am
I've got nothing left to say since I sold all my firearms, shaved my head and decided I'd be better off defending my self with a two foot length of 1/2 in Pvc pipe and a used stubby pencil . Remember ... All hail the whole, cause the Whole hales all. 33491
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:52 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 am
I've got nothing left to say since I sold all my firearms, shaved my head and decided I'd be better off defending my self with a two foot length of 1/2 in Pvc pipe and a used stubby pencil . Remember ... All hail the whole, cause the Whole hales all. 33491
I told you this is what would happen when you started drinking Everclear straight from the bottle again, FBN. :lol:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”