Vortex Spitfire vs Primary Arms ACSS vs Athlon Midos Prisim scopes?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Which Prism scope look like the best option?

Vortex Spitfire 3x
25%
Primary Arms ACSS 3x
75%
Athlon Midas 3x
No votes
Other- specify(price limit of $350)
No votes

Total votes: 4

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Vortex Spitfire vs Primary Arms ACSS vs Athlon Midos Prisim scopes?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Im looking at getting one of these scopes in 3x magnification. Which one looks the best? What are some advantages and disadvantages of their reticles?

Vortex Spitfire 3x:
https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-Sp ... B00HYRGNLM

Primary Arms ACSS 3x:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BOTJG ... UTF8&psc=1

Athlon Midos 3x:
https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optics-Mi ... 6AYTBPD9KH

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Re: Vortex Spitfire vs Primary Arms ACSS vs Athlon Midos Prisim scopes?

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Limiting to 3 choices? What if I like the Shortdot?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:13 pm

For me, it would all be acedemic and theory. I don't have experience with any of them.

I know of people who really like the Vortex and the Primary Arms. I think the Vortex is made in the US? That would seal the deal for me.

When I have more experience I might have a more informed opinion. But I just recently got a red dot for my AK. I've been running irons for 26 years.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:22 am

woodsghost wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:13 pm
For me, it would all be acedemic and theory. I don't have experience with any of them.

I know of people who really like the Vortex and the Primary Arms. I think the Vortex is made in the US? That would seal the deal for me.

When I have more experience I might have a more informed opinion. But I just recently got a red dot for my AK. I've been running irons for 26 years.
The Vortex and PA are both made in China but perform QC here in the states . Midos is supposedly American made and about $50 more.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:24 am

Asymetryczna wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Limiting to 3 choices? What if I like the Shortdot?
Well I have $400 and want a prism scope. I dont even know what a "shortdot" is but it sounds spendy.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:47 am

Dang. It's always about the $
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:08 am

Well,.. when you ain't got it its about the $$. Personally while expensive glass is fun, I don't think its a must. I like Burris' AR332. Its around $200 with the fat reticle on Amazon. I think its made in the Philippines. I shot through 2 and the glass is nice. As good as any of their mid budget scopes. I own 2 Fullfield II scopes and a 2-7 handgun scope and I put the quality up in the same tier as those.... and those are really tough and the glass is good. Mine have taken a lot of abuse. The only thing i hate, and i mean hate is the big fat reticle in the AR332. They have a second option now that looks much lighter but I'm never seen it in person. I had the MTAC 1.5-6 with the thick doughnut looking reticle. I hated it. Got rid of the scope. I did, however, love the glass and the build quality. The reticle thing is purely subjective. You may love it.

I have never dealt with the PA stuff. I've peeped through Vortex product. I have been very underwhelmed with any of their budget stuff. I don't think their glass is as nice as the Burris at the same price points. Now,..I do have a Vortex Viper 2.5-10 that I really like. But that scope is a different tier costwise.

These comments are made with your budget in mind and only based on what I've had in hand.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:51 am

brothaman wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:08 am
Well,.. when you ain't got it its about the $$. Personally while expensive glass is fun, I don't think its a must. I like Burris' AR332. Its around $200 with the fat reticle on Amazon. I think its made in the Philippines. I shot through 2 and the glass is nice. As good as any of their mid budget scopes. I own 2 Fullfield II scopes and a 2-7 handgun scope and I put the quality up in the same tier as those.... and those are really tough and the glass is good. Mine have taken a lot of abuse. The only thing i hate, and i mean hate is the big fat reticle in the AR332. They have a second option now that looks much lighter but I'm never seen it in person. I had the MTAC 1.5-6 with the thick doughnut looking reticle. I hated it. Got rid of the scope. I did, however, love the glass and the build quality. The reticle thing is purely subjective. You may love it.

I have never dealt with the PA stuff. I've peeped through Vortex product. I have been very underwhelmed with any of their budget stuff. I don't think their glass is as nice as the Burris at the same price points. Now,..I do have a Vortex Viper 2.5-10 that I really like. But that scope is a different tier costwise.

These comments are made with your budget in mind and only based on what I've had in hand.
I used to own an MTAC, that scope looks interesting. Im pretty much leaning towards the Burris or the Primary Arms scope, Thanks for the info.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”