Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

flybynight

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by flybynight » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:20 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:Talk me out of a LNIB Walther P99 for $375 out-the-door.

I don't need it, but I want it.
Root beer, tumbleweed . Red Camero 3.
Hope that helps . You're welcome :wink:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Akin wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:What did he get banned for over there, Rick ?
https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/p ... 9465049844
I recently returned to Arfcom adter being gone for several years. I noticed something just felt... off... about the place. What’s been going on over there?

Hell, even this place is a lot more quiet than it used to be back when I was more active...
No clue as to why Arfcom turned into a bunch of trolls and self-proclaimed 'experts' since I've never been a member of that site.

As for ZS, I think some folks just drifted away from it. It's a lot more quiet now than it was back when I joined up in 2009 (I just realized I've been on ZS for close to 10 years of my life. I've been here since I was 23.)

I hope it changes soon and ZS gets more active again.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:09 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:No clue as to why Arfcom turned into a bunch of trolls and self-proclaimed 'experts' since I've never been a member of that site.

As for ZS, I think some folks just drifted away from it. It's a lot more quiet now than it was back when I joined up in 2009 (I just realized I've been on ZS for close to 10 years of my life. I've been here since I was 23.)

Hell, I'm a perfect example of how folks drift off...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Akin wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:No clue as to why Arfcom turned into a bunch of trolls and self-proclaimed 'experts' since I've never been a member of that site.

I'm not spending as much time on ZS as I first did either, Akin. If I'm on ZS during the day, I just spend my time in Off Topic and Chat Thread. I do still lurk around the rest of the forum, though. I'll occasionally post in one of the other sub forums, but it's usually just here in Firearms Chat.

My guess is most folks from ZS are out dealing with life and are unable to check in here.
Speaking of which, anyone heard from TheLastRifleMan lately ? I know he had some medical issues awhile back and checked in on ZS, but since then he hasn't posted.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:08 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Akin wrote:

I'm not spending as much time on ZS as I first did either, Akin. If I'm on ZS during the day, I just spend my time in Off Topic and Chat Thread. I do still lurk around the rest of the forum, though. I'll occasionally post in one of the other sub forums, but it's usually just here in Firearms Chat.

My guess is most folks from ZS are out dealing with life and are unable to check in here.
Speaking of which, anyone heard from TheLastRifleMan lately ? I know he had some medical issues awhile back and checked in on ZS, but since then he hasn't posted.
I was actually just thinking about TheLastRifleMan the other day along with DocFab. I too hope that ZS gets more active. I never remember to check the offtopic chat
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:Talk me out of a LNIB Walther P99 for $375 out-the-door.

I don't need it, but I want it.
You're right, you don't need it.

But it would make an excellent birthday gift from you to me. :mrgreen:

Seriously, it's $525 new on GAG, so if it's really LNIB you should grab it.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:14 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Akin wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:What did he get banned for over there, Rick ?
https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/p ... 9465049844
I recently returned to Arfcom adter being gone for several years. I noticed something just felt... off... about the place. What’s been going on over there?

Hell, even this place is a lot more quiet than it used to be back when I was more active...
No clue as to why Arfcom turned into a bunch of trolls and self-proclaimed 'experts' since I've never been a member of that site.

I'll probably get suspended for this but who cares? As you said, not much traffic on this forum anymore and I hardly log on at all anymore. In fact until the past few months I doubt I logged in once last year. The first reason is the zombie fad has died down. The second reason is I've been told by multiple senior members who are no longer active on this site that the board members, etc. thought that this site was getting to be too much of a gun club and away from a prepper site so they started to make cultural changes that would curtail the gun focus. The amount of posts in this section of the forum as compared to any other is proof that most of the traffic was in the firearms section. Lastly, several members who violated the trolling rules so many times that they should have been banned were allowed to come back time after time which drove a lot of senior members away. The worst culprit of all was doctorrfabulous. He should have been banned long ago, but alas, at least one of the moderators, Shrapnel kept covering for him because they were sleeping together. A lot of people knew this and complained, yet the powers that be never did anything to my knowledge. I don't know if doctorrfabulous was banned or he just realized that he finally drove everyone off and fucked off to another forum to troll. I just looked up Shrapnel's avatar and found that she hasn't logged in since April of last year which I find interesting.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:52 pm

I know there were several longtime posters who left after the banning of Browning 35, and the "mysterious/convenient" data loss that was connected to it. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Dr. Fab was a "he" dating a "she"? I guess I misunderstood his signature line.

And what was the drama with Browning35? I looked up his posts and it was all deleted when it came to infractions.

Thread drift and probably rude convo, but you know, the lack of traffic may afford us some gossip
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:06 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:Dr. Fab was a "he" dating a "she"? I guess I misunderstood his signature line.

And what was the drama with Browning35? I looked up his posts and it was all deleted when it came to infractions.

Thread drift and probably rude convo, but you know, the lack of traffic may afford us some gossip
One of many pieces of evidence as to why that guy is full of shit.

ETA: Also, this place is almost dead so I don't give a shit anymore. They can ban or suspend me.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Bearcat wrote:
They can ban or suspend me.
Welcome back.

I would prefer not to do so.

Can we get back to chatting about firearms?

Anyone have any opinions on these used "Italian Beretta Mod 92-S" @ $309? Any reason the Italian made ones are different from the US made ones?

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1BER92S

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm

raptor wrote:
Bearcat wrote:
ETA: Also, this place is almost dead so I don't give a shit anymore. They can ban or suspend me.
Welcome back.

Anyone have any opinions on these used "Italian Beretta Mod 92-S" @ $309? Any reason the Italian made ones are different from the US made ones?

I've looked into them and play with them a lot at shops since like a million were imported.

The big obvious difference is the heel mag release, and small permanent sights.

I also think (I'll search around) that it does not have the beefed up hammer pin (such as the 92fs) that keeps the slide from impaling your face if you shoot a billion rounds of +p+ submachine gun NATO ammo.

Regardless, I really like them. I'm surprised I haven't grabbed one yet. Most of the ones I've seen have had good finishes too. As long as you shoot regular ammo, I'm sure it will bring years of good service.

If you want a budget Beretta, there's always the zenith clones or the Stoeger Cougar
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:23 pm

raptor wrote:Welcome back.

This was actually brought up in one of my facepage groups. I believe the consensus was no. There is nothing different. Some people say the Italian ones have some issues, but those are mostly done by people want to make a mountain out of a molehill. For the price, through, man.... getting a 2-3 is tempting.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 pm

If I remember correctly, Hiroshima_Morphine here on ZS has one of those surplus Berettas.

You might ask him about them, Raptor.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 pm

I recall Dave M saying that an M9 Beretta almost got him killed in the sandbox. A lot of soldiers don't like them.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Bearcat wrote:I recall Dave M saying that an M9 Beretta almost got him killed in the sandbox. A lot of soldiers don't like them.
Wasn't that a mag issue? IIRC, the .mil put in a big order for replacement magazines, and whichever company got the contract (Checkmate?) left the inside of some of the mag bodies rough, so the boolitz and springs kept hanging-up.Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:54 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Bearcat wrote:I recall Dave M saying that an M9 Beretta almost got him killed in the sandbox. A lot of soldiers don't like them.
Wasn't that a mag issue? IIRC, the .mil put in a big order for replacement magazines, and whichever company got the contract (Checkmate?) left the inside of some of the mag bodies rough, so the boolitz and springs kept hanging-up.Image
No idea. On the flip side, my neighbor who is an air force load master told me its one of the most accurate guns he's ever shot. YMMV.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 am

Bearcat wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
No idea. On the flip side, my neighbor who is an air force load master told me its one of the most accurate guns he's ever shot. YMMV.
I know a lot of people, myself included, shoot the M9 family very well. But, I don't think they are inherently accurate. If anyone's bored, read up on the Army Marksmanship Units accurized M9s. They really wring out the accuracy of the platform. If I remember, a lot has to do with making sure the the front of the barrel doesn't wobble in the slide.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Walmart seems to be having a sale on 550 round boxes of Federal 36gr, copper plated, high velocity, hollow point .22LR. Just bought a box for $19 and change.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Walmart seems to be having a sale on 550 round boxes of Federal 36gr, copper plated, high velocity, hollow point .22LR. Just bought a box for $19 and change.
Man, I was just at Walmart this morning and didn't see any. The three old timers who stalk the sporting goods department there must've cleaned them out again. :gonk:

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Walmart seems to be having a sale on 550 round boxes of Federal 36gr, copper plated, high velocity, hollow point .22LR. Just bought a box for $19 and change.
Man, I was just at Walmart this morning and didn't see any. The three old timers who stalk the sporting goods department there must've cleaned them out again. :gonk:
Did one of them look like a cat and answer to the name "KJ"?

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Hey, I had to prove I was over 21 to buy these shits. :crazy:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Nope. :lol:

I've only ever seen one of them and he's the one that looks like what the love child of Wilford Brimley and Steve Buscemi would be if either guy was whacked out on meth.

Kind of creepy looking, now that I think about it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:06 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Nope. :lol:

I've only ever seen one of them and he's the one that looks like what the love child of Wilford Brimley and Steve Buscemi would be if either guy was whacked out on meth.

Kind of creepy looking, now that I think about it.
Shit... Maybe it was me... :ohdear:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”