It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 66  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:25 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
A couple places I looked, like Midwest Gun Works and Arms Unlimited are showing it as "discontinued" or "out-of-stock".

I would call and double-check with Brownells to make sure this is the semi version, but I think you may be able to put one together from the individual parts...

- Left side semi selector

- Right side lever

- Socket screw

ETA: Hey Akin, are you still working the Cons? Always enjoyed your pictures and stories.

Near as I can tell, there are still made, at least occassionally... just very hard to find. I’ve scrutinised the Brownell’s site, and I believe they are all full-auto. You’re right, though, I should probably give them a call.

I’ve never worked many cons, though I still go to a lot. Last year was Manti-Con, Wonder-Con, COmic-Con, Dragon*Con, and Wasteland Weekend (not really a con, but hard to fescribe).

Did I used to share many pics? I feel bad that I don’t hang out here much any more...

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:55 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Akin wrote:
Did I used to share many pics? I feel bad that I don’t hang out here much any more...

Yeah, like when y'all would hang-out with Animal Mother/Jayne Cobb...err....Adam Baldwin. :awesome:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
Akin wrote:

Yeah, like when y'all would hang-out with Animal Mother/Jayne Cobb...err....Adam Baldwin. :awesome:

HAH!!!

That wasn’t even a con, he would just come hang out with us. I miss those days... haven’t seen him in a while...

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:10 pm 

The ammo fairy that drives that big brown truck just dropped off 500 rounds of 124gr 9mm and 400 rounds of 230gr .45 FMJ practice ammo for me. I haz a happy! :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm 

KJ4VOV wrote:
The ammo fairy that drives that big brown truck just dropped off 500 rounds of 124gr 9mm and 400 rounds of 230gr .45 FMJ practice ammo for me. I haz a happy! :clap:

I think his name is Visa

John Titor was right

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:41 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

flybynight wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:

I think his name is Visa

The ammo fairy that visits me from time to time is named "Mastercard". :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I miss the all-around prepping fairy. At least he send my a mail every month. :wink:

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

MPMalloy wrote:
I miss the all-around prepping fairy. At least he send my a mail every month. :wink:

I get emails from his brothers and sisters every now and then. Matter of fact, the prepper fairy's ranching sister sent me an email for a free candy bar from the local Tractor Supply store. I picked that up along with another .50 cal ammo can.

The ammo can was on sale and has this sort of hammered finish to it. The finish doesn't matter since I'm going to be keeping AK mags in it anyway.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Got a funny email from Springfield Armory yesterday. Well, the text of the email wasn't funny, but the picture that was included was kinda....odd. Anyone else notice why? :crazy:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 pm 

Now I'm going to fall asleep thinking of ammo cans filled with candy. Ummmm chocolate bullets :awesome:

John Titor was right

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
Got a funny email from Springfield Armory yesterday. Well, the text of the email wasn't funny, but the picture that was included was kinda....odd. Anyone else notice why? :crazy:

Because that's a Smith and Wesson Sigma and not a Springfield Armory pistol ? :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:20 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Because that's a Smith and Wesson Sigma and not a Springfield Armory pistol ? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:04 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

So, am I right ?

Also, it's been a long time since I've watched that "George of the Jungle" movie.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm 

For you EDC folks... What do you consider an "adequate" number of spare rounds or mags to be?

I'm currently using my Shield .45 as my usual carry gun. I have three mags for it, two 7 shot and one 6 shot. I keep the 6 in the gun with a 7th in the chamber and use the two 7s as reloads. My thinking process is that I only have to remember "7 bangs then reload" and that if a "21 gun salute" can't solve the problem then I should have brought the 9mm.

When I feel it's warranted (going to a high threat area or extended travel out of state) I'll wear the 9mm, with 19 in the gun (18 + 1) and two 17 round reload mags. (The mags for this gun come in 19, 18, 17 and 15 round versions, and what you get when buying them can be luck of the draw sometimes.) That's a lot of weight to carry so I don't do it often. I usually carry my reloads in my cargo pant pockets. Each leg of my pants have a cargo pocket with two other pockets on the outside of them. One pocket on each side is meant for things like folding rulers and works great for spare mags, though those 17 round mags do bag the legs quite a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

KJ4VOV wrote:
For you EDC folks... What do you consider an "adequate" number of spare rounds or mags to be?

I'm currently using my Shield .45 as my usual carry gun. I have three mags for it, two 7 shot and one 6 shot. I keep the 6 in the gun with a 7th in the chamber and use the two 7s as reloads. My thinking process is that I only have to remember "7 bangs then reload" and that if a "21 gun salute" can't solve the problem then I should have brought the 9mm.

When I feel it's warranted (going to a high threat area or extended travel out of state) I'll wear the 9mm, with 19 in the gun (18 + 1) and two 17 round reload mags. (The mags for this gun come in 19, 18, 17 and 15 round versions, and what you get when buying them can be luck of the draw sometimes.) That's a lot of weight to carry so I don't do it often. I usually carry my reloads in my cargo pant pockets. Each leg of my pants have a cargo pocket with two other pockets on the outside of them. One pocket on each side is meant for things like folding rulers and works great for spare mags, though those 17 round mags do bag the legs quite a bit.
I carry one spare mag. I have a G19. If I can't do it in 31 rounds, I shouldna left the house that day.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Well, this is disconcerting...

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre/videos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

NPR Article

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:48 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:

Yeah, I saw that video this morning. I also saw a notice on Facebook from Rob at AKOU about Hank Strange being outright banned from YouTube.

YouTube is really cracking down on gun channels right now. I get the feeling this is all going to backfire in their faces by the end of all this.

They caught a ton of flak over the supposedly "accidental" ban of Hickok45 about a year or so back.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Yeah, I saw that video this morning. I also saw a notice on Facebook from Rob at AKOU about Hank Strange being outright banned from YouTube.

YouTube is really cracking down on gun channels right now. I get the feeling this is all going to backfire in their faces by the end of all this.

They caught a ton of flak over the supposedly "accidental" ban of Hickok45 about a year or so back.

Its been a busy weekend for Tim....he also got banned from barfcom....but that's probably a positive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

What did he get banned for over there, Rick ?

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/posts/1849619465049844

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:26 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

I recently returned to Arfcom adter being gone for several years. I noticed something just felt... off... about the place. What’s been going on over there?

Hell, even this place is a lot more quiet than it used to be back when I was more active...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Akin wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

I recently returned to Arfcom adter being gone for several years. I noticed something just felt... off... about the place. What’s been going on over there?

Hell, even this place is a lot more quiet than it used to be back when I was more active...

I posted an honest and decent question on there a couple years back about AK74s and green mountain barrels. It was a technical spec question... Not a "noob" question.

I got called a dumbass but was given no answer. It truly is just a bunch of trolls and keyboard commandos talking shit. If I do need to search it for specs, I look at archived threads.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:06 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Talk me out of a LNIB Walther P99 for $375 out-the-door.

I don't need it, but I want it.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 66  Next