Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Looks like someone at Keltec saw the comments about the new Ruger PC carbine being ugly and went "Hold my beer."

Or in this case, water bottle full of piss. :lol:

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Looks like someone at Keltec saw the comments about the new Ruger PC carbine being ugly and went "Hold my beer."

Or in this case, water bottle full of piss. :lol:
:clap: :clap:

However I do like the look of this WAY BETTER than that Ruger. Hell the Ruger makes Hi-point carbine look like a thing of beauty.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm

I know Keltec makes a version of that rifle with a normal pistol grip and it's not too bad looking.

This version is just butt ugly to me, but that's just my opinion. I think the new Ruger PC carbine is kind of neat looking, but I'm also the guy who owns a Mossberg 500 bullpup shotgun. :lol:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:56 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 am

You guys ever watch #gungossip on YouTube?

It's like a low budget version of the "soup" where this guy rips on gun channels once a week. I find it hilarious.

Here's his channel, catch on while he's still low in rank so you can be a hipster and brag how you watched him before he was cool:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCod6Xu-ec6k0akZaxbqSVSw
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I know Keltec makes a version of that rifle with a normal pistol grip and it's not too bad looking.

This version is just butt ugly to me, but that's just my opinion. I think the new Ruger PC carbine is kind of neat looking, but I'm also the guy who owns a Mossberg 500 bullpup shotgun. :lol:
I love the Mossberg in a bullpup stock. I wish they still made it. I believe they quit.

I think the RDB is an amazing looking rifle. And the RDB-S looks like a perfect backpack, BOB, and trunk gun. The weight near 5.5 lbs and the length of 26 inches mean it would fit in very small places and be very comfortable to carry. I believe it is designed to be 50 state legal, which also makes it pretty attractive. I'm all about giving our people in non-free states more options.

There are a lot of ugly guns out there. The RDB-S is among them. But the reviews I saw said it is very comfortable to hold and shoot, and I think it's beauty comes from functionality. I feel that way about a lot of guns.

I'd like a RDB-S in 300blk and I think a RDB with a 20 inch barrel would be rather nice.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am

Tavor 15+1 bullpup shottie....

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:21 pm

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... -revolver/

Taurus in the convertible revolver game...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 pm

woodsghost wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I know Keltec makes a version of that rifle with a normal pistol grip and it's not too bad looking.

I love the Mossberg in a bullpup stock. I wish they still made it. I believe they quit.

I think the RDB is an amazing looking rifle. And the RDB-S looks like a perfect backpack, BOB, and trunk gun. The weight near 5.5 lbs and the length of 26 inches mean it would fit in very small places and be very comfortable to carry. I believe it is designed to be 50 state legal, which also makes it pretty attractive. I'm all about giving our people in non-free states more options.

There are a lot of ugly guns out there. The RDB-S is among them. But the reviews I saw said it is very comfortable to hold and shoot, and I think it's beauty comes from functionality. I feel that way about a lot of guns.

I'd like a RDB-S in 300blk and I think a RDB with a 20 inch barrel would be rather nice.
Yeah, Mossberg stopped making the 500 and the Mav88 in the bullpup stock back in 1995 or so. From what I could understand, it wasn't supposed to be a general release type of deal and was supposed to be made only for law enforcement and armored car guards.

I picked mine up used about ten years ago in a little hole in the wall gun shop in Lubbock. I probably overpaid for it back then, but I wanted it because it was just so damn weird looking. It's heavy, kicks like a mule with buckshot, but it's still fun as hell to shoot. :lol:

I haven't actually seen an RDB-S in the shops out here, so my opinion of the stock might change if I get to handle one. For now, though, I think it's a weird looking gun. Specifically the grip looks weird, but then again, I'm used to pistol grips on my rifles.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

raptor wrote:
Remington Golden Sabre 125 gr +p in my .38 spl J frame.
https://www.luckygunner.com/38-special- ... ds#geltest

I purchased a couple of boxes of these Federal 130 gr +p to try in my j frame. Since I got a bunch of the Golden Sabres cheap last year, I am not in a hurry to change rounds though.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... icro-ammo/

I shot a few of the aforementioned Federals form my J frame in a functioning and point of aim testing. This was by no means scientific, statistically significant or even consistent. It was not meant to be any of those...more like ...I got some new boolits! Let make some noise!

They were fired at 10 yards into a sand bag and a 5 gallon bucket of sand was the backstop. None penetrated (nothing has to date). I recovered the ones I could recover easily. The medium is used because it is cheap and handy not because it is an analog for anything.

With that said here are recovered projectiles for your amusement.

These are as follows right to left
.38 spl Federal 130 gr+P micro linked above from a S&W J frame
.357mag Hornady LeverRevolution 140 gr fired from a 16 inch barrel Rossi 92 - not exactly comparable
.38 spl Remington Golden Sabre 125 gr +p fired from a S&W J frame

These are all Remington Golden Sabre .38 spl Remington Golden Sabre 125 gr +p fired from a S&W J frame.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Raptor, so you're using a sandback with a gallon jug with sand as a back stop? That's it? Nothing has penetrated it? Not even the 10mm :awesome: :shock:

Good tests! Thanks for sharing! Thise golden sabers seem to expend quite a bit!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm

A single sand bag and 5 gallon bucket with play sand is a great backstop. The high speed rounds like 5.56 and .30-06 simple disintegrate. The slow speed stuff does not have the power to go through it.

Don't worry there is an earth berm a few feet away away behind it just in case.

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 pm

How in the fuck is this not an NFA item? Now the ATF says it's ok to shoulder one specific pistol brace? What happens if they changed their minds AGAIN?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compone ... l?Itemid=0
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 pm

Bearcat wrote:How in the fuck is this not an NFA item? Now the ATF says it's ok to shoulder one specific pistol brace? What happens if they changed their minds AGAIN?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compone ... l?Itemid=0
Calm down, Scooter.

ATF Says Shockwave Blade Okay to Shoulder

I just got off the phone with a very nice gentleman at ATF Tech Branch---who was fielding these calls today. (He was, understandably, very well versed on the subject---and very nice about it even though he's been on the phone all day, repeating himself ad nauseam.) I identified myself and asked him specifically if the letter that's making the rounds is limited to one company's products--or if it applies to all pistol stabilizing braces. He said: "The letter covers all pistol stabilizing braces, including the Shockwave Blade." So that settles that.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:14 pm

So...I'm a little beyond excited about this. 9x39 seems to be coming to our shores in the near future...

https://modernrifleman.net/2017/10/14/c ... to-the-us/

There are other articles out there. It seems it was supposed to arrive in 2017, but it is delayed. But still coming.

I'm fantasizing about a suppressed AK pistol for home defense. I'm so excited about it!!! Ok. I need to calm down and stop squealing like a little girl. But I'm really excited. I'm really hoping for subsonic and supersonic variants in FMJ and HP. And the thought out there is that it will be cheaper than 300 BLK. So I'll be able to stack deep.

And if a AS-VAL makes its way over here I may actually die from hyperventilating. It will be a risk anyway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Val
Last edited by woodsghost on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Interesting thank you. This is the first time I have read about the cartridge.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 pm

I’d heard some roomers about 9x39, its an interesting bullet I like the heft behind it. I just don’t like that there will be a single weapon that shoots this. I like 30cal because I can use the same bullets for my .308, or 300bo, or whatever 30cal gun or there. While this will probably not have a bolt gun as it will be a big, heavy, slow bullet.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:25 am

Halfapint wrote:I’d heard some roomers about 9x39, its an interesting bullet I like the heft behind it. I just don’t like that there will be a single weapon that shoots this. I like 30cal because I can use the same bullets for my .308, or 300bo, or whatever 30cal gun or there. While this will probably not have a bolt gun as it will be a big, heavy, slow bullet.
Who says you have to reload it with a big, heavy slow bullet? Think about what this loaded with a 147gr slug would do.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:22 am

Halfapint wrote:I’d heard some roomers about 9x39, its an interesting bullet I like the heft behind it. I just don’t like that there will be a single weapon that shoots this. I like 30cal because I can use the same bullets for my .308, or 300bo, or whatever 30cal gun or there. While this will probably not have a bolt gun as it will be a big, heavy, slow bullet.
This probably would not work, but theoretically one might also load for 9x63. Which would probably be a good moose, elk, and grizzly round.

But the dimensions might be slightly different.

Also, reloading for 9x39 and 9x63 REALLY appeals to my inner hipster. I reload for rounds nobody has ever heard of. I reloaded for rounds before they were popular. :)

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

Quick aside:

Wolf is an interesting company. Starting with some of the cruddiest ammo, they then raise the quality by working with European ammo makers. Then the article I linked to says they are introducing new calibers and AR uppers to accompany the new ammo. I feel they have some insightful leadership. If they can maintain quality of imports and maintain a supply chain I think they can really take off as a company. It has been interesting watching them.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:40 am

KJ4VOV wrote:Who says you have to reload it with a big, heavy slow bullet? Think about what this loaded with a 147gr slug would do.
Probably be similar to the 9x33mmR. :crazy:

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm

RickOShea wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Who says you have to reload it with a big, heavy slow bullet? Think about what this loaded with a 147gr slug would do.
Probably be similar to the 9x33mmR. :crazy:
Which I had to look up. A .357 mag with super heavy bullets. I could be pretty happy with that. If I ever get a .357 rifle I'll have to thread it and try those.

And with that thought a 9x39 would probably do similar to a .357 mag but run in autos. That could be a very handy combo in both subsonic and supersonic.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 am

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:02 am

Still crazy expensive, but being built within 50 miles of my house.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”