It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 67  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:25 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Correct. My dad and I, after much debate, and after shooting the X95 that my uncle's wife got him for Christmas (she is entirely too good to that man. Not true, but he is a lucky fellow), we decided that we wanted the original Hebrew Hammer that was developed over 15 years and battle-tested for another 10, rather than jumping on the bandwagon of the new X95 AKA: The AR-15 bullpup.

Dad and I don't need the modularity of the X95, and don't like the apparent reduced accuracy of it over the SAR. The SAR has all the right rails and buttons and controls in all the right places already. If I want to go stealthily hunting game with it I can fix the CQB combat trigger in a number of ways.

Really happy with this gun. The camo dip just looks better and better. I already ordered a Trijicon MRO on sale and a genuine SAR pressure switch for it today while I was home with a sick kid. Gonna wire that into a Streamlight TLR1HL-long-gun kit for the 2 o'clock rail later.

ZS needs to get this special run of clearance Tavors.

When the guys at InRangeTV did their mud test on the X95, they had a problem with not being able to drop the magazine....mud had gotten down in behind the remote mag release buttons. I suspect the SAR wouldn't have that problem. Maybe they'll mud test a SAR one day.

I've had my SAR for a few years now, and I still dig it...

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Welp, reports are that the Gilboa double-AR thingy has passed ATF muster, and will now be made in the U.S. :crazy:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/gilboa-snake-double-barrel-ar-15-finally-for-sale/

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RickOShea wrote:
Welp, reports are that the Gilboa double-AR thingy has passed ATF muster, and will now be made in the U.S. :crazy:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/gilboa-snake-double-barrel-ar-15-finally-for-sale/

Me Wanty! :D

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

RickOShea wrote:

Boy what a mess...I bet it is heavy difficult to reload ... if one jams clearing it will be a PITA.....

Take my money!, Take my money!,Take my money!,Take my money! :clownshoes:

ImageImageImage

Hall of Fame Forum

Forum Rules Link

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm 

RickOShea wrote:

A buddy is now planning a 40K Space Marine Storm Bolter build.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:21 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

raptor wrote:
Boy what a mess...I bet it is heavy difficult to reload ... if one jams clearing it will be a PITA.....

LOL....https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=95503&p=2133794#p2133794

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 pm 

raptor wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Take my money!, Take my money!,Take my money!,Take my money! :clownshoes:

I like it. It's stupid and that always counts for sumpin

John Titor was right

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 pm 

I want it to alternate barrels and for them to recoil back a little when they fire. Just like a WWII era 40mm AA gun. :clownshoes:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm 

Any of y'all catch what's going on in Greek Super League soccer? I just saw a photo on the BBC that "proves" he carried a firearm onto the pitch. Here it is:

Any of you see a problem with that carry position? :lol:

To me, it looks like a pretty obvious photoshop job, given that you can't even see what the holster is supposed to be hanging from, though I concede it could be an IWB tuckable that this person, for whatever reason, chose to wear as an OWB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

KJ4VOV wrote:
Any of you see a problem with that carry position? :lol: To me, it looks like a pretty obvious photoshop job

That would be my opinion. I wouldn't be able to draw like that.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:21 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Another good one. The carry device in the picture could be homemade and thus have a loop attachment that is different than those that you have already seen. And this particular guy could be left-handed, with a left arm that is 1-2 feet longer than his right, which allows him to easily reach around the back and grip the pistol. And then it is concealed until that hand attached to that one real long left arm comes from hiding.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 pm 

Asymetryczna wrote:
Another good one. The carry device in the picture could be homemade and thus have a loop attachment that is different than those that you have already seen. And this particular guy could be left-handed, with a left arm that is 1-2 feet longer than his right, which allows him to easily reach around the back and grip the pistol. And then it is concealed until that hand attached to that one real long left arm comes from hiding.

Oddly, since I have a left shoulder that fixated on me last fall and required a lot of physical therapy to work through, I do a lot of stretching exercises with it, including one where I reach around back as far as I can. So I strapped on a convertible holster I have, right in the same position/angle, and tried to grab the grip. Yeah, I could touch it with my fingers but even if my arm were a foot longer the grip is at the wrong angle to grasp. I'd need another joint in my forearm to make it bend at the right angle to draw from that carry position.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

His is closer to 2 feet longer...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm 

Asymetryczna wrote:
His is closer to 2 feet longer...

Still at the wrong angle without an extra wrist joint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

KJ4VOV wrote:
Any of y'all catch what's going on in Greek Super League soccer? I just saw a photo on the BBC that "proves" he carried a firearm onto the pitch. Here it is:

To me, it looks like a pretty obvious photoshop job, given that you can't even see what the holster is supposed to be hanging from, though I concede it could be an IWB tuckable that this person, for whatever reason, chose to wear as an OWB.

He could be doing the reverse or cavalry draw. It's a good draw to know for backpacking or hunting if you have a weird placement for your holster.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:49 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Could also be a holster that’s not very secure on the belt. It could have slid farther back than normal, and wobbled so that the butt is facing the wrong way, for a cross-draw for a leftie.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 am 

Akin wrote:
Could also be a holster that’s not very secure on the belt. It could have slid farther back than normal, and wobbled so that the butt is facing the wrong way, for a cross-draw for a leftie.

Could be, but wouldn't there be a belt loop right around where that leg seam is? That would place the holster all the way around to the 4 o'clock or 5 o'clock position. And while the cavalry draw (first time I'm hearing of that one, thanks for edumacating me JC) is also a real possibility I think that cant is intentional (at least in the holster design) which is going to make the draw pretty difficult. Then again, all this is speculation about a single photo that may or may not have been manufactured or doctored.

edit to add: Holsters sliding are why I prefer two slot holsters. I can straddle a belt loop with them and the holster then can't slide more than an inch or two on the belt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 am 

KJ4VOV wrote:

So he just open carried into a soccer stadium? In a European country? In Greece?

And the only place people carry like that is in Anime cartoons. Where you get other fantasies, like women with GGG sized boobs and guys with 12 foot swords. Not likely to reflect reality.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm 

If they photoshopped that pic, they did it to a few others as well. Turns out that guy is as interesting as his carry method. Russian-Greek born in Soviet era Georgia, former parliament member and made a substantial fortune on the privatization of a cigarette factory. Oh, and his body guards look like casting call for John Wicke 3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'm out. Unless you missed it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Who exactly is the dude with the weird carry method ?

I don't follow soccer (or football as the rest of the world calls it), so I have no idea who this guy is and why it's a big deal he carried or allegedly carried a gun onto the field. Only soccer guys I know of are Vinnie Jones, David Beckham and that French guy who headbutted an Italian player a few years ago.

Also, I scored a Weaver micro dot red dot sight at a local flea market on Saturday. I paid 65 bucks for it and I know the sight sells for about 84 or so dollars online, so I didn't get a fantastic deal, but I feel it was fair. The sight is in like new condition, functions well and is now sitting on my Ruger 22/45 pistol.

The reviews I've seen on it say it's a good sight for the money and they're pretty rugged.

I'm now debating on whether to put it on my Romanian AK after I get a side rail optic mount or to just leave it on the 22/45.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I have no idea what the significance to soccer, or anything, that this picture has other than the foolhardy and (most likely) unusable method of carry. Things that appear ridiculous often are.
Perhaps I should add a sarcasm symbol when I post on something I know nothing about :/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Guys help.

I'm still new at this.

The lower I bought recently has slight blemish I noticed....

Should I have function concerns.

Goddam run on lowers right now but I could dip in to get another one....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

the_alias wrote:
Guys help.

I'm still new at this.

The lower I bought recently has slight blemish I noticed....

Should I have function concerns.

Goddam run on lowers right now but I could dip in to get another one....

You talking about the chips on the trigger housing?

Those are fine if they are just chips. That is not an area under stress nor do the trigger parts rely on the top area.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 67  Next