What gun/gear are you jonesing for these days?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

What gun/gear are you jonesing for these days?

Post by NT2C » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Me, I would really love to own either of these two items... or both.

ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3-14x

Fulton Armory M14 Service Rifle

Back in the day, when I was a Navy gunner's mate, I loved my M-14 like a treasured pet. It shot great, felt great in the hands and had my absolute trust that it would hit anything I aimed at, as it proved time and time again. I'd love to have an M-14 again, even if the cost of ammo really reduced how much shooting with it I could do. Just to shoot one again would be a real trip down memory lane for me.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: What gun/gear are you jonesing for these days?

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:35 pm

I have all the firearms that I need & I'm even looking to sell about half of my collection.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:50 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I think I'd like a suppressor the most. I think I'm going to get one of those before I intentionally go out and buy anymore firearms. I have no idea what make/model.

I need to have an actual address before I do that, though. So probably not for another year or two. By then I might be too broke to afford one.

Edit: Actually a steel plate or two and a good bench for my home range are probably what I need the most. I've been kneeling behind an old dog kennel and running back and forth to my 100 and 200 yard targets for a couple years now, which just seems silly.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:47 pm

I'd really like another AK. I've been looking at the Arsenal SLR-107r, but they're sold out at pretty much all my go to places.

My second choice is one of those PSA Gen 2 AK's they started selling awhile back. Either way, my gun fund is empty and will be for the foreseeable future.

On the gear side of things, I'd like to get one of those UpLula mag loaders for my P89 because the Mec-gar mags I have for it as a pain to load fully.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 pm

I need a Remington 700 in .308. The model I need, with the extras I need on it runs around $3500. So I am waiting for the appropriate moment.

I hate spending that much on a gun that I know won't get a lot of play time and won't increase much in resale value.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:04 am

RickOShea wrote:Dupe thread.

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=79211&start=1152
Last post in that was almost a year ago. Guess I didn't dig deep enough when I looked.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:On the gear side of things, I'd like to get one of those UpLula mag loaders for my P89 because the Mec-gar mags I have for it as a pain to load fully.
I have one and use it for my 9mm mags. All I can say is why didn't we have these back when I was in the Navy loading 30 round Thompson mags? :gonk:

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am

A mod should combine threads...

OT: A dedicated relaoding room and more time to shoot.
A Rimfire Can.
A Stainless Marlin Lever to go custom with.
...More slings and cases and a 2nd Gun Safe
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

minengr

Post by minengr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:11 am

KJ4VOV wrote:Me, I would really love to own either of these two items... or both.

ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3-14x

Fulton Armory M14 Service Rifle

Back in the day, when I was a Navy gunner's mate, I loved my M-14 like a treasured pet. It shot great, felt great in the hands and had my absolute trust that it would hit anything I aimed at, as it proved time and time again. I'd love to have an M-14 again, even if the cost of ammo really reduced how much shooting with it I could do. Just to shoot one again would be a real trip down memory lane for me.
I would go LRB Arms long before I would consider anything from Fulton. But that is just me, I have a few ill feelings toward them from misinformation they spouted years ago, maybe things have changed.

Personally I went the Polytech route that was then totally rebuild with USGI parts by a former Navy armorer. It took me ten years to acquire the parts and cash to get it done, but I'm quite happy with the end result. the only parts still original are the sights, oprod, and receiver.

These days I really want a SBR in 300 Blk, which is a bit problematic living in Illinois.
Bullet drop is physics, reading wind is voodoo

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am

A 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm. It would also be fun to have one of those Henry .45-70 lever guns.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:57 am

Honestly: training, water preps, and gas preps. In that order.

I'd like more toys and ammo, but what I need is the above.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Similar to a few others who've posted:

Training, training, training.

Will probably be selling a few from the safe (mostly duplicates) and ammo I don't have firearms for.

I too wouldn't mind a 45-70 lever gun, only because I have a bunch of stuff to reload for it that Grandpa left me years ago I'd like to use.

Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”